Topics

Top 7

• taokaka - November 7, 2012 3:21 a.m.

How did we all forget the helghast?
  • KA87 - November 7, 2012 8:06 a.m.

Depends on which Killzone we are talking about. The four main characters from KZ1 were more interesting and fun then general Alan, but general Radec and Staal were much better than the heros in KZ2 and KZ3
  • bebl09 - November 8, 2012 5:37 p.m.

Agreed on KZ1, but Emperor Visari (who I'd definitely say was the villain rather than Radec) was incredible in KZ2. The opening cinematic with Visari's speech gives me shivers literally every time I watch it. It's definitely helped by amazing voicework from Brian Cox.
  • JMarsella09 - November 6, 2012 3:32 p.m.

Any Myst villain. They're all amazing.
  • furiouslunchbox - November 6, 2012 2:51 p.m.

The darkness from...the darkness. Jackie Estecado is not really a shining example of a good guy but I freakin love the darkness character especially since its just a voice with no face. Everytime the darkness spoke I got chills. I loved jackie as a character too he's one of my favorite characters but my love for the darkness is a little stronger.
  • doominatorx6 - November 6, 2012 9:59 a.m.

Kane is the man. Seriously, he hasn't aged whatsover from Command and Conquer to C&C 4. Also, he was the only thing saving the aforementioned C&C 4 from being a complete mess.
  • GameManiac - November 6, 2012 9:04 a.m.

"And his “One Winged Angel” orchestral-rock theme has always been a herald of $%!& officially getting real." For those whose ears have yet to be blessed by such a powerful piece of music. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_MW65XxS7s
  • KA87 - November 6, 2012 5:28 a.m.

"This is the part were he kills us" -GLaDOs
  • GameManiac - November 6, 2012 8:59 a.m.

"...and then there will be cake."
  • mbavalo - November 6, 2012 11:34 a.m.

Let me give you a hint to this one lysabfuybwe aujbfjyhibfiuahbfjhb abfvibdfuyabk adifvbd
  • ZakEverett - November 6, 2012 4:36 a.m.

I'm thinking Shodan could be added to this list.
  • The_Tingler - November 6, 2012 11:36 p.m.

I'm thinking the same thing. SHODAN is incredible, insane, and directly influenced the numbers 1 and 2 on the list.
  • avantguardian - November 7, 2012 2:26 a.m.

agreed, not the biggest system shock fan, but 1 & 2 would not exist in the same way w/o her.
  • Clovin64 - November 6, 2012 4:02 a.m.

I'd like to mention Caius from FFXIII-2. He's no Sephy, but the dude has noble motivations behind his destructive plans, he has an awesome voice, he has 80's rock star hair and swings around bloody Soul Edge. Not to mention his theme music is awe-inspiring. Serah and Noel were likeable enough, but werent really anything special. I was rooting for Caius by the end.
  • DoubleLedgeTakedown - November 6, 2012 2:18 a.m.

Just for clarification I do not mean Liquid Ocelot in MGS4, awesome as he may be, Major/Revolver Ocelot was more than capable of mindblowing everyone he encountered.
  • DoubleLedgeTakedown - November 6, 2012 2:13 a.m.

I love the MGS series, so naturally I love Solid Snake & Big Boss... HOWEVER!!! Revolver Ocelot is by far my favourite villain of all time, what a badass, needs his own spin-off pronto.
  • avantguardian - November 6, 2012 4 p.m.

ocelot's turn in snake eater really made me like him as a character. which is kinda too bad, as apparently he turned into quite the asshat as time went by. "mmmeeeooowww!"
  • AlpineGuy - November 6, 2012 12:30 a.m.

Awesome list! I gotta go with The Joker as my personal pick, though. He had such an awesome role in the Arkham games.
  • avantguardian - November 6, 2012 12:08 a.m.

oh man, seriously, fuck lance. fuck that guy. i'm not going to rant about how i think ff6 is SO much better than ff7 (i don't really think it is), but i liked kefka way more than sephiroth, and anyone of the "good guys". he had that flamboyant kind of insanity ( a la hamill's joker) that actually had me kind of pulling for him in the end.
  • lilspooky - November 6, 2012 10:23 a.m.

I agree! Gotta love that laugh. http://youtu.be/CyZoe-r9qb0