Topics

7 Top

• Nap1400 - April 2, 2012 11:20 a.m.

Guys, if you're going to make a Top 7 about Pokemon, don't use the anime for screenshots. PLEASE.
  • FemJesse - April 2, 2012 11:22 a.m.

Why not? I don't think the games properly communicate the disturbingness of it all. And it's about the overall franchise, after all.
  • GR HollanderCooper - April 2, 2012 11:25 a.m.

The games are too low-res themselves, and there are only so many images I can use from Pokemon Snap (see: all of them).
  • Nap1400 - April 2, 2012 12:01 p.m.

Ah, alright. That I understand. It's just the anime and games are pretty far-off from each other in style. You know, with real-time gameplay compared to turn-based gameplay, much different characters (Talkative Ash vs. Silent Red), etc.
  • GR HollanderCooper - April 2, 2012 12:40 p.m.

Definitely, which is why I tried not to use specific references to the shows unless it was balanced out by something from the games. Plus, that picture of Ash eating is the best.
  • BladedFalcon - April 2, 2012 3:29 p.m.

'sides, if he hadn't used pics from the show, we would have missed that hilariously pervy image of lickitung being dangerously close to Jessie's... Yeah.
  • ParagonT - April 2, 2012 11:27 a.m.

Good read, I like these sort of things.
  • Redeater - April 2, 2012 11:38 a.m.

Can't tell if first pic from Pokemon or Castlevania Judgement
  • Redeater - April 2, 2012 11:44 a.m.

I have to ask. I don't know shit all about Pokemon but is that James in the bikini? Do we have another Birdo/Poison thing now? Like I said I know very little about Pokemon but I do recall that team rocket had a guy that looked suspiciously like the lass on the right sans boobs.
  • FemJesse - April 2, 2012 11:48 a.m.

No, its Jamiqua. Jezebels lesbian girlfriend.
  • azureguy - April 2, 2012 1:13 p.m.

It should be noted that this picture is from a specific scene that was cut out because it's a bit too much for small children. James is just using a fake bra and boobs, but the animation let it look like it's real and... well, it was the 90's, this was a no-go anyway. 4 Kids even skipped an entire episode because an old man is trying scare the trio off his farm and points a long-barrel shotgun at them. That was too much for youngsters too.
  • minigamer83 - April 2, 2012 11:43 a.m.

Milktank hamburgers all around!
  • nighthawk205 - April 2, 2012 12:05 p.m.

#9 lol
  • ultimatepunchrod - April 2, 2012 12:09 p.m.

Coop, I've been reading your tweets about today's top 7 and I've got to say, you don't disappoint. Great one. I was laughing throughout.
  • ThatFanInThePeacoat - April 2, 2012 12:14 p.m.

Well Silph Co. isn't the only big corporation. There's also the Devon Corporation in Rustboro City in Gen III. Although I suppose two mega-corporations ruling the world isn't much better than one.
  • Pwnage19 - April 2, 2012 12:28 p.m.

Wrong. Two is immensely better than one. It creates competition. Competition is a good thing. A monopoly is bad.
  • slimjim441 - April 2, 2012 2:35 p.m.

He's right about that one.^ But are they really a competitor, or is this like comparing Wal-Mart to your local general store?
  • badgraphix1 - April 2, 2012 12:18 p.m.

The one thing that bothered me was how you said that as the series goes on even inorganic things are revealed to be Pokemon, even though inorganic Pokemon have existed since the beginning.
  • GR HollanderCooper - April 2, 2012 1:33 p.m.

Right, but what I meant is as the series go on more things that weren't Pokemon are being turned into Pokemon, which means that there's an unknown number of inorganic things that are secretly Pokemon.
  • DemonLabRat - April 2, 2012 2:01 p.m.

It is disturbing in the sense that there are unknown threats, but I've always been under the impression that, when new pokemon are added, Gamefreak have made it so that the new pokemon have always been known about, (with some being common in some regions, etc) despite professors sending players out to find them. I generally don't know for sure, though. Though regardless, even if every species is known, there is always going to be paranoia when you can be attacked by the alphabet, balloons and a creature that can literally become anything.