Topics

Top 7

• pl4y4h - December 23, 2013 3:35 p.m.

I've spent more time then i'd like to admit think about the plausibility of double jumping.
  • BladedFalcon - December 23, 2013 3:16 p.m.

Yeah... it'd be a nuisance if most of these didn't exist in most games. Stamina is a possible tricky exception though. Impatient as most gamers are, yeah, putting any sort of stamina limitation when running or attacking would suck balls big time. (Specially considering how most people would rather travel even FASTER in most games, specially in RPGs, hence why the pokemon games now just fall out gave you the ability to run from the get go instead of holding that off for you.) However, when implemented wisely, stamina bars can add a lot of challenge and strategic significance to your actions, as exemplified most well by Demon/Dark souls. There it's most certainly a limitation, but a GOOD one that makes it so you can't just button mash, spam an attack, or block or dodge add infinitum. It makes every action deliberate and important, and if developers had more balls, they'd make their game far more meaningful and satisfying if they implemented this wisely, specially in most action or even shooters.
  • Sjoeki - December 23, 2013 12:18 p.m.

I've always liked the backpacks (or whatever it is your character is keeping his stuff in) that never seem to fill up. I've recently started playing fallout 3 again and I noticed how I am able to have 15 guns on me, 4 different armors are in there somewhere, some helmets, grenades, more ammo then I could ever go through in a lifetime and a lot of other crap like motorcycle gastanks. And they do impose a limit, but not on how much stuff it is that you are having on you, or how much space it would take, but on how much it weighs. I'm not complaining about this, I have to travel back to megaton and store stuff in my lockers (that also never seem to reach a limit) more times then I care to mention, but it is kind of odd.
  • StrayGator - December 23, 2013 11:46 a.m.

Regenerating Health much?
  • StrayGator - December 23, 2013 11:49 a.m.

Most people can't jump and shoot aimultaneously. Neither can Dante, so when it's time to shoot he stops jumping. Is he mid-air? might as well.
  • g1rldraco7 - December 23, 2013 11:41 a.m.

I always wondered what kept those candles and torches lit after all this time? This is why I love video games, these abilities would never be able to do in reality.
  • garnsr - December 23, 2013 11:25 a.m.

I feel the need to do a Leap of Faith every time I sync a location in every Assassins Creed game. Hooray for soft landings! Double jumps could easily be gotten rid of, by just making jumps that work with one jump. I guess it usually gives you a way to make places that you pass and can't get to until you pick up something that gives you a double jump later.
  • somedude - December 23, 2013 11:20 a.m.

Video game mainstays?? And what about movies or comics or animes? Maybe the double jump or rocket jump are the more exclusive impossibilities to video games...