Topics

Top 7

• zombi3grim - September 3, 2012 3:53 p.m.

Im gunna go ahead and piss alot of people off, but Final Fantasy VII was LIGHT YEARS better then VI. When I played VI, honestly it was a pretty good RPG for SNES. But it didnt..."wow" me so to say. When VII came out, I was like "Hmmm, first 3D Final Fantasy, first disc based Final Fantasy, first Final Fantasy for Sony's first system, three discs long...lets give it a shot." My god, am I glad I did. From the story to the graphics (for its time) to the dream inducing music. Literally, the game is one of the greatest ever made. I know people like to look cool and call it "overrated". But to me, a little 2D sprite named Kefka had NOTHING on the evil Sephiroth had....
  • BladedFalcon - September 3, 2012 6:40 p.m.

I've read many, incredibly stupid things coming from you. But this time you outdid yourself. Bravo ZomiBrain! just bravo!
  • Redeater - September 3, 2012 8:17 p.m.

See this is why we need an edit button on this site. If I could I would take back my last two posts. In retrospect I'm assuming he is just really young and doesn't know any better. I'm basing this assumption on the fact that no one over the age of 10 would name one character better than the other strictly because he is more "evil". It's like arguing that your dad is stronger than your friend's dad.
  • zombi3grim - September 3, 2012 9:09 p.m.

If I played FFVI when it first came out and FFVII when it first came out, and was old enough to buy both on my own, why would you think I was young?
  • zombi3grim - September 3, 2012 9:22 p.m.

See this is why we need an edit button on this site. Because I cant explain the amount of butthurt pouring out of your face in one single post. I have to break it up. I have to go to get tissues because your too fucking dumb to understand how other people can like one game more then another. Because your too fucking dumb to understand that because I said 2D sprite, you think Im refering to the graphics only. Because your too fucking dumb to do basic math and figure out how old someone is. Because your too fucking dumb to understand evil in a context and think its only graphicaly speaking. Because your too fucking dumb to think evil is something as simple as your mom grounding you for two weeks. I could go on...really....
  • zombi3grim - September 3, 2012 9:17 p.m.

Its an opinion. I have different tastes then you. Sorry if you think thats incredibly stupid, but if you walk outside and talk to people, you'll realize that not everyone thinks the same. Its kind of amazing, you should try it. I dont think you want to jump down my throat. We all know what happened the last time you argued with me about something. You claimed you were "bored" and I wasnt "worth it" anymore and ran off with your tail between your legs. But I shouldnt think a Mexican could come up with anything better. Hey...I think my roof has a leak....
  • Cyberninja - September 7, 2012 12:58 p.m.

This is a list of Fantastic sequels to forgettable games, FF6 isn't forgettable at all(heck I would say no FF game is forgettable even the ones you hate except maybe 1,11,14 and most of the spinoffs) and all FF's are their own stories so it really isn't a sequel to begin with.
  • talleyXIV - September 3, 2012 2:45 p.m.

Pikmin 2. Even though both games are fantastic, like truly amazing. Not many people knew about Pikmin 1, and actually not a lot of people knew about Pikmin 2 as well... unfortunately. Super Monkey Ball 2.
  • FOZ - September 3, 2012 4:25 p.m.

Are you kidding? Those were the biggest games at the Gamecube's launch. And the sequels didn't need much of an overhaul either.
  • shawksta - September 3, 2012 8:26 p.m.

The only reason for that is because Pikmin isnt exactly a Mario or Zelda game but thought up by the same person either way. Its an adventure Strategy game which isnt all that noticed by outside people, especially since it was a console game. Otherwise Game reviews and such praised it allot, this list is for games you would forget about in a week or so because of how un-amusing or terrible they were.
  • talleyXIV - September 4, 2012 1:43 p.m.

Yeah I know Pikmin was loved by critics but it can still be forgettable in some sense. You can have a great game that just doesn't stick out from the crowd for some reason... Okami. I know the list is picking sequels where the first games weren't that good, but you can definitely be good and be forgettable as well. And I didn't love Super Monkey Ball 1, it was good but it wasn't a favorite of mine, but number 2 on another hand... that game is like crack rock to me.
  • brickman409 - September 4, 2012 9:38 p.m.

before pikmin 3 was announced, I knew some people who didn't even know there was a pikmin 2. it cam out very late in the gamecube's lifetime, and it's a little bit rare to find a copy today
  • tehtimeisnow - September 3, 2012 2:45 p.m.

this is such an garbege list all these ganes is so horrable seruoisely i woulndt ever play those tranewrecks and u left out modern warefare 3 that is the best sequal of all time
  • Misterscaryface - September 3, 2012 6:29 p.m.

Holy crap...either this is a troll post or you dropped out in Grade 3. I've never seen so many spelling errors in one post. P.S. MW3 licks. Best game sequel to forgettable first game? Hands down, Street Fighter 2. Gamesradar nailed it this time.
  • Hobogonigal - September 4, 2012 3:36 a.m.

I see you have taken a 7 month hiatus since your last comment so let me fill you in: He's a troll and has been here for a whlie now (somehow...) There we go, all better.
  • ObliqueZombie - September 3, 2012 7:13 p.m.

No, seriously, you've been trying to "troll" WAY too hard for FAR too long on TOO many posts. It's getting obvious. Please go back to /v/.
  • aerojonno - September 3, 2012 2:32 p.m.

Can't believe you didn't include the awesome Saints Row 2. Oh, and STOP FORMATTING ARTICLES LIKE THIS!! THE MORE THINGS I HAVE TO CLICK, THE MORE THINGS CAN GO WRONG. JUST WRITE A SODDING LIST YOU ANNOYING GITS!!
  • talleyXIV - September 3, 2012 2:41 p.m.

Just get a good computer or Internet browser you annoying git! No one likes to load 4 different pages to read an article.
  • Sinosaur - September 3, 2012 4:32 p.m.

I definitely agree with Saints Row 2. I got the double pack when it came out, just figuring it was a good deal for two games that would be pretty okay... Saints Row 1 was a pile of junk that made me wonder if I had made a mistake getting the games at all, but I played through it because I didn't have much better to do... Saints Row 2 was an absolute blast to play, and in many ways, better than Saints Row 3. It felt more substantial, the city was more memorable, and customization took a huge step backward in 3.
  • garnsr - September 3, 2012 1:48 p.m.

A companion to this list would be games that you weren't so interested in when they came out, or that you waited to get when they got cheaper, then were blown away enough to get the sequel at full price on release. Arkham Asylum was like that, no one seemed to think much about it before it came out, but everyone rushed to Arkham City. Saints Row 2 was just supposed to be a crappy GTA clone, but led to Saints Row 3 doing well out of the gate. Everyone seemed to play Darksiders long after it came out, but everyone picked up Darksiders 2 right away.
  • BladedFalcon - September 3, 2012 3:26 p.m.

It isn't exactly the same, but there was a top 7 not long ago that was something along the lines of "Top 7 games no one expected to be good" And Arkham Asylum was right on the top.
  • Meleedragon27 - September 3, 2012 1:21 p.m.

Well, I was originally gonna come in here and mention Assassin's Creed 2, but it seems two other commenters beat me to it. So, instead I'll just say Super Metroid as a sequel to Metroid on the NES. You people can defend the original all you want, but it has aged TERRIBLY to the point where it's borderline unplayable. The bad controls, the overly stingy health system where Samus was super-fragile and health pickups were not only rare but didn't even restore all that much health (made even worse that Samus would respawn with only 20 health upon dying, where most baddies deal about 15 damage), the long corridors that all look identical to each other where navigation was a pain even with a map (and don't even get me started on the lack of maps)... it may have been groundbreaking for 1987, but it's absolutely terrible by today's standards. Super Metroid, on the other hand... now there's a game that's aged wonderfully and fixed almost everything wrong with the original. I remember playing it about two or three years ago and it held up pretty darn well. Seriously, I still think it was one of the best games on the SNES, and it's hard not to see why Retro aped a lot of the mechanics for their games (<3 Metroid Prime). Yes, I'm well aware of Metroid II's existence, but being a portable title on the GB, I never played it. Is it any good? Regardless, I'll still stand by Super Metroid as a great (console) sequel to a now-forgettable game.
  • yonderTheGreat - September 3, 2012 4:23 p.m.

I don't know what's wrong with you, but normal humans were blown away by AC1's awesomeness. At least, at first. Yes, it's aged terribly. When people who haven't played the series ask me for my opinion, I tell them to watch an LP of it instead of playing it. But that's not what this article is talking about. Before the AC2 was released, the overall feeling about AC1 was "a lot of fun, with great potential, and some huge issues". It certainly wasn't considered "forgettable" by any means. "Aged poorly" does not mean "forgettable" or else the original Half-Life is forgettable, and NO ONE, not even you, thinks that.