Topics

Top 7

• zombi3grim - September 3, 2012 3:53 p.m.

Im gunna go ahead and piss alot of people off, but Final Fantasy VII was LIGHT YEARS better then VI. When I played VI, honestly it was a pretty good RPG for SNES. But it didnt..."wow" me so to say. When VII came out, I was like "Hmmm, first 3D Final Fantasy, first disc based Final Fantasy, first Final Fantasy for Sony's first system, three discs long...lets give it a shot." My god, am I glad I did. From the story to the graphics (for its time) to the dream inducing music. Literally, the game is one of the greatest ever made. I know people like to look cool and call it "overrated". But to me, a little 2D sprite named Kefka had NOTHING on the evil Sephiroth had....
  • Redeater - September 3, 2012 5:37 p.m.

"Final Fantasy VII was LIGHT YEARS better then VI" I thought this was the dumbest thing I was going to read.... Until I read " it didnt..."wow" me so to say." and then I thought that was the dumbest thing I was going to read..... Until I read "2D sprite named Kefka had NOTHING on the evil Sephiroth" You are comparing a game a on a SNES cartridge to 3 fucking PS1 CD'S? OF COURSE IT'S GOING TO BE TECHNICALLY BETTER! It didn't wow you??? You do realize that the FUCKING WORLD ENDS IN THAT GAME RIGHT??? As for Kefka.....well opinion is subjective but if you are basing it on the fact that he is 2D instead of a chunky 3D model ......
  • zombi3grim - September 3, 2012 9:14 p.m.

It didnt wow me. I played ALOT of RPGs on the SNES back in the day. Chrono Trigger wowed me. Fuck, even Secret of Mana wowed me. FF VI was good. Very good, I enjoyed it. But I played all the Final Fantasies up until that and they never did anything for me. They were good games, but I enjoyed other RPGs more. Until VII. VII just had a way better storyline to me. I like the steampunk vibe and the sci fi atmosphere compared to a medival fantasy one. So thats my opinion on it. Im not going to lower myself to your standards and insult you. Because Im smart enough to know what an opinion is and how other peoples differ from mine. Im VERY well aware of how many people think VI is better then VII. Thats why I put my little disclaimer at the top. Apparently you ignored that and started rage pounding on your keyboard.
  • Redeater - September 3, 2012 9:44 p.m.

"So thats my opinion on it. Im not going to lower myself to your standards and insult you." "But I shouldnt think a Mexican could come up with anything better." Yeah. I don't think I'll lower myself to your standards and be a racist little prick. I was going to argue a couple of points but you clearly have shown it just isn't worth it.Good luck getting along in the grown up world with that attitude.
  • zombi3grim - September 4, 2012 6:06 a.m.

1. That wasnt directed to you. 2. I am in the grown up world. I get Mexicans to do my work for me. 3. If you think thats racist you have ALOT of growing up to do yourself.
  • zombi3grim - September 4, 2012 6:10 a.m.

"I was going to argue a couple of points" Lolz, what points? The fact that my opinion differs from yours? You can argue till your fingers fall off, thats not going to change the fact how I feel about certain games. The sooner you get that your tiny underdeveloped brain the better. Go ahead, "Your not worth it." Thats pussy speak for "I really dont have anything else relevant to add to this except insults." And yeah, I stooped to your level and insulted you. Go ahead and capitalize on that. Call me a hypocrit. Its all you got.
  • Redeater - September 4, 2012 10:43 a.m.

I'll be nice and give you a hint. Posting 4-5 different replies after one of my comments is a waste of your time. I haven't read them and will not be reading them as them as they are a wast of my time. Go ahead and think you "won" if it makes you feel better but the fact is I wouldn't argue with racists the same way I wouldn't argue about creationism with a fundamentalist Christian.I only checked to see if BladedFalcon had posted back and it's quite annoying to skip past four or five of your long rants.
  • zombi3grim - September 4, 2012 12:33 p.m.

"I haven't read them and will not be reading them as them as they are a wast of my time." Lolz, sure you havent. Thats again pussy speak for "I have nothing to add the conversation except insults". No, BladedFalcon hasnt posted back. Because he knows what happened the LAST time he tried to get into with me. Again, you seem to have racism confused with stereotypes. The words are very different. I dont hate Mexicans. I find their very useful. Someone has to do the manual labor the most Americans wont do. Mostly because we go get an education and get higher better paying jobs. But we still need those roofers to fix our leaks occasionally! I dont think I won. I did win. I always win. The sooner you figure that out the better. So go ahead and "dont read this." I'll pretend not to laugh as you cry yourself to sleep.
  • BladedFalcon - September 3, 2012 6:40 p.m.

I've read many, incredibly stupid things coming from you. But this time you outdid yourself. Bravo ZomiBrain! just bravo!
  • Redeater - September 3, 2012 8:17 p.m.

See this is why we need an edit button on this site. If I could I would take back my last two posts. In retrospect I'm assuming he is just really young and doesn't know any better. I'm basing this assumption on the fact that no one over the age of 10 would name one character better than the other strictly because he is more "evil". It's like arguing that your dad is stronger than your friend's dad.
  • zombi3grim - September 3, 2012 9:09 p.m.

If I played FFVI when it first came out and FFVII when it first came out, and was old enough to buy both on my own, why would you think I was young?
  • zombi3grim - September 3, 2012 9:22 p.m.

See this is why we need an edit button on this site. Because I cant explain the amount of butthurt pouring out of your face in one single post. I have to break it up. I have to go to get tissues because your too fucking dumb to understand how other people can like one game more then another. Because your too fucking dumb to understand that because I said 2D sprite, you think Im refering to the graphics only. Because your too fucking dumb to do basic math and figure out how old someone is. Because your too fucking dumb to understand evil in a context and think its only graphicaly speaking. Because your too fucking dumb to think evil is something as simple as your mom grounding you for two weeks. I could go on...really....
  • zombi3grim - September 3, 2012 9:17 p.m.

Its an opinion. I have different tastes then you. Sorry if you think thats incredibly stupid, but if you walk outside and talk to people, you'll realize that not everyone thinks the same. Its kind of amazing, you should try it. I dont think you want to jump down my throat. We all know what happened the last time you argued with me about something. You claimed you were "bored" and I wasnt "worth it" anymore and ran off with your tail between your legs. But I shouldnt think a Mexican could come up with anything better. Hey...I think my roof has a leak....
  • Cyberninja - September 7, 2012 12:58 p.m.

This is a list of Fantastic sequels to forgettable games, FF6 isn't forgettable at all(heck I would say no FF game is forgettable even the ones you hate except maybe 1,11,14 and most of the spinoffs) and all FF's are their own stories so it really isn't a sequel to begin with.
  • talleyXIV - September 3, 2012 2:45 p.m.

Pikmin 2. Even though both games are fantastic, like truly amazing. Not many people knew about Pikmin 1, and actually not a lot of people knew about Pikmin 2 as well... unfortunately. Super Monkey Ball 2.
  • FOZ - September 3, 2012 4:25 p.m.

Are you kidding? Those were the biggest games at the Gamecube's launch. And the sequels didn't need much of an overhaul either.
  • shawksta - September 3, 2012 8:26 p.m.

The only reason for that is because Pikmin isnt exactly a Mario or Zelda game but thought up by the same person either way. Its an adventure Strategy game which isnt all that noticed by outside people, especially since it was a console game. Otherwise Game reviews and such praised it allot, this list is for games you would forget about in a week or so because of how un-amusing or terrible they were.
  • talleyXIV - September 4, 2012 1:43 p.m.

Yeah I know Pikmin was loved by critics but it can still be forgettable in some sense. You can have a great game that just doesn't stick out from the crowd for some reason... Okami. I know the list is picking sequels where the first games weren't that good, but you can definitely be good and be forgettable as well. And I didn't love Super Monkey Ball 1, it was good but it wasn't a favorite of mine, but number 2 on another hand... that game is like crack rock to me.
  • brickman409 - September 4, 2012 9:38 p.m.

before pikmin 3 was announced, I knew some people who didn't even know there was a pikmin 2. it cam out very late in the gamecube's lifetime, and it's a little bit rare to find a copy today
  • tehtimeisnow - September 3, 2012 2:45 p.m.

this is such an garbege list all these ganes is so horrable seruoisely i woulndt ever play those tranewrecks and u left out modern warefare 3 that is the best sequal of all time
  • Misterscaryface - September 3, 2012 6:29 p.m.

Holy crap...either this is a troll post or you dropped out in Grade 3. I've never seen so many spelling errors in one post. P.S. MW3 licks. Best game sequel to forgettable first game? Hands down, Street Fighter 2. Gamesradar nailed it this time.
  • Hobogonigal - September 4, 2012 3:36 a.m.

I see you have taken a 7 month hiatus since your last comment so let me fill you in: He's a troll and has been here for a whlie now (somehow...) There we go, all better.
  • ObliqueZombie - September 3, 2012 7:13 p.m.

No, seriously, you've been trying to "troll" WAY too hard for FAR too long on TOO many posts. It's getting obvious. Please go back to /v/.