We Recommend

• gbmination - May 21, 2012 12:52 p.m.

Pretty surprised Bahamut didn't make it, but still good.
  • archnite - May 21, 2012 3:58 p.m.

We'll technically Bahamut is a fish...
  • db1331 - May 21, 2012 12:41 p.m.

"Would you like to hit us wyvern other dragon or two?" I just noticed that pun, and it's too good to go unrecognized. Slow clap. Also, what about Ridley from the Metroid games?
  • 510BrotherPanda - May 22, 2012 10:20 p.m.

I would think so. He's the Space Pirate leader AND a friggin' space dragon for crying out loud. Talkradar 47's Top 7 'Ridley noise' forever!!! Also, since I've been playing a butt-load of Monster Hunter Freedom Unite since January, I'd say Rathalos, Rathian, Nargacuga, Tigrex, Lao Shan Lung, Kushala Daora, and all the others deserve a mention...because in MH, they all can eff you up if you don't pay attention to their moves.
  • profile0000 - May 21, 2012 11:58 a.m.

Really, nothing from the Monster Hunter series? Granted, hardly anyone plays those games outside of Japan, but some of the dragons have awesome designs and are truly memorable to fight. Great list regardless, though.
  • KA87 - May 21, 2012 11:48 a.m.

Does the final boss from FF13-2 count as a dragon because the three of them were tough? If they count then I vote for them as honorable mention. Also how does one guy shape shift into three different dragons at the same thing?
  • ObliqueZombie - May 21, 2012 11:44 a.m.

Deathwing, Alduin and the Red Dragon definitely have my top for design.
  • slimjim441 - May 21, 2012 11:40 a.m.

I like Mecha-Dragon from Mega Man 2. Volvagia from OoT is pretty sweet, too. Ooh, and the Dracolich from Lords of Shadow was pretty much the coolest boss fright from that game.
  • slimjim441 - May 21, 2012 11:41 a.m.

Oh, and if Magma Dragoon counts, he should be there, too.
  • slimjim441 - May 21, 2012 11:42 a.m.

Forgot one more. >_> But this one's important: Dragonite.
  • winner2 - May 21, 2012 7:09 p.m.

I second that
  • RedHarlow - May 21, 2012 11:10 a.m.

Trogdor!
  • db1331 - May 21, 2012 11:01 a.m.

I think Partha-whoever from Skyrim is the coolest dragon ever. He is certainly better than Alduin. Also, isn't that pic from the Demon's Souls entry actually from Dark Souls?
  • ObliqueZombie - May 21, 2012 11:46 a.m.

I was thinking that, though who knows? Maybe Demon's Souls had a similar dragon. Also: agree with Paarthurnax. Not only did he talk in the silkiest old-man voice, he's the kindest dragon I've ever met. I scoffed at the Blades for asking me to kill him--left those bitches to rot as a two-man team.
  • TheHowetzer - May 22, 2012 9:25 a.m.

Demons Souls and Dark souls BOTH had a red Dragon. They were BOTH encountered early in the game, they were both very similar to the other. The Red dragon was very killable in Dark souls at first encounter, however the one in Demons souls was NOT.
  • db1331 - May 22, 2012 10:19 a.m.

If you had a bow, a bunch of arrows, and a ton of free time you cold easily kill the red dragon on stage 1-2 of Demon's Souls.
  • TheHowetzer - May 22, 2012 10:43 a.m.

Yes. On 1-2 which is NOT the initial encounter in Demons Souls. He was not killable on first encounter like the red dragon in Dark souls is. And yes I have killed him on 1-2 and yes it does take some time.....but was sooo worth it when the bastard finally went down!
  • SouthTippBass - May 21, 2012 10:43 a.m.

No Panzer Dragoon? No St.Dragon? List needs to be re-evaluated. '_'
  • GR HollanderCooper - May 21, 2012 12:29 p.m.

Dragoon =/= dragon.
  • SouthTippBass - May 21, 2012 4:22 p.m.

Well in this case it does. He was a dragon. Very definitly.