Topics

Top 7

• winner2 - October 8, 2012 2:07 p.m.

Don't know if these counts, but Stupid Invaders and Grim Fandango.
  • dcobs123 - October 8, 2012 2:49 p.m.

Grim Fandango is a great game but Tim Schaffer never does sequels. Also I haven't heard of Stupid Invaders but it looks hilarious.
  • winner2 - October 8, 2012 2:54 p.m.

Yeah, I suppose Grim Fandango 2 is just wishful thinking. But I highly recommend Stupid Invaders, it's a gem.
  • Scoob - October 8, 2012 2:06 p.m.

Guardian Legend Also, seeing Descent on there makes me wish for another entry in the Freespace series. It'll never happen though :(
  • hullonotna - October 8, 2012 1:11 p.m.

I would be extremely pumped for a heretic remake. I played the first one to death and would love to see the franchise reborn.
  • Tronto13 - October 8, 2012 1:07 p.m.

I'd like to see a new Jazz Jackrabbit or Dink Smallwood.
  • FoxdenRacing - October 8, 2012 1:06 p.m.

Excellent list. My only concern is that I have no faith in the big publishers nowadays. I would love to see Descent come back, would love to see F-Zero get a modern incarnation [it doesn't need a full-on reboot, GX is just starting to show its age], would love to see Starfox get a modern incarnation [same as F-Zero, and no, I don't want another retelling of the SNES/N64 plot], would love to see Warcraft get another RTS...a new Quake, a new UT... On the other hand, Tribes has a new game, though I'm leery of its business model of pay-for-unlocks/faster unlocks. Mechassault is getting a spiritual successor [same studio, without the Battletech IP] in Reign of Thunder. Mechwarrior's getting another one, and so is Carmageddon. If the various companies get it right, it's a good time to be a nostalgic gamer. But as much as I'd love to see them...I don't trust any of the big publishers to get it right. Look at what they did to Shadowrun, look at what's become of Command and Conquer. Every once in a while we'll get a fitting tribute [Deus Ex comes to mind], but as often as not it's a shameless cash-in on the name...and if I had to choose between not getting a modern version or having my memories used and abused for profit...I'll take going without.
  • loonyman978 - October 8, 2012 12:58 p.m.

Is anyone else having problems with the page viewer thing? its showing the first page fine but when i hit next nothing happens, and if i keep hitting it then the pictures of the pages scroll but im still stuck on the first page. This needs fixed!!
  • Travia220 - October 8, 2012 12:34 p.m.

Sorry the last thing I want to see are reboots getting the Syndicate treatment. Reboots are always modernized, consolized, streamlined and made into games that they were not originally. The only game on that list is Shadowrun and it's not a "reboot" of the series. It's a new game in the franchise aimed at the gamers who want a real Shadowrun game. Not some ghetto shooter or consolized garbage "RPG" like Mass Effect. It's a real RPG being made for real fans that know what a RPG is. If any of those above games were made by EA or Activision they would be shooter, cover based shooters or garbage RPGs with no relation to the original games. Now if those games were revitalized through Kickstarter and being made for fans and (PC Gamers) then I'd say sure why not.
  • Z-man427 - October 8, 2012 12:34 p.m.

I would be all over a Descent remake
  • banewulf - October 8, 2012 12:25 p.m.

Better than X-Wing or TIE Fighter would be X-Wing Alliance! You could free play in a simulator with I think 36 fighters on each side, making an awesome dog fight =)
  • Redeater - October 8, 2012 12:17 p.m.

I think Another World is still on sale for $1.99 on iPhone. Well worth it.
  • sniper430 - October 8, 2012 12:09 p.m.

I got to #1 and was wondering why there was an indie game on the list. And then I realized it was pixelized because of the period, not design choice.
  • sixo T - October 8, 2012 11:59 a.m.

I'd like to see Gex the gecko come back, or maybe see a modern reboot of road rash :p
  • 1ForLyfe - October 8, 2012 12:12 p.m.

omg road rash how did I forget about that game. So fun! x.x
  • 1ForLyfe - October 8, 2012 11:53 a.m.

Earth siege 2(mechwarrior IS NOT the same thing), Masters of Orion 2 (3 sucked), and starcontrol 3. These are all games I would LOVE to see made again. As long as it isn't EA remaking them that is. They could stay dead if that was the case.
  • StrayGator - October 8, 2012 11:52 a.m.

I want another Descent bwaaaaaahaaaaaaa... I would also love to see the return of Terminal Velocity (Descent's stupid brother, not much different than the VTOL parts of Saints Row 3) Or Incoming (like every vehicle\turret section in modern FPSs, only fun). Or Crusader, MDK, Earthworm Jim, No One Lives Forever, Lemmings, Pro Pinball series, bloody Arkanoid. Man, I miss being 12.
  • The_Tingler - October 8, 2012 11:51 a.m.

Good list, and it makes me more excited for Shadowrun Returns. You failed to mention a couple of remotely recent sequels in the form of the excellent 3D Z2 and the third-person not-as-good Heretic II. Most importantly though, it was NOT Factor 5 that made X-Wing/TIE Fighter, it was Totally Games - who are still alive and making iPhone games.
  • Fhiend - October 8, 2012 11:38 a.m.

I would like to see Snatcher remade with fully animated graphics (Uncut) and some cool shooter segments. Also would like to see Silpheed remade (the sega cd version) fully textured in real time. And of course, Final Fantasy VI remade with 2d HD graphics.
  • ZhugeLiang - October 8, 2012 11:37 a.m.

From the diary of Lester Knight Chaykin... "OH GOD WHAT ARE THESE THINGS HEEEEELLLLLPPPP MEEEE"
  • JMarsella09 - October 8, 2012 11:33 a.m.

I really wish we could have another Journeyman Project game. But I doubt that will ever happen
  • GR_LucasSullivan - October 8, 2012 11:34 a.m.

I love those games so very much--the original used to give me nightmares but I played it anyway. Also, Arthur is the mother-freakin' man.