Topics

Top 7

• Silverstone - October 8, 2012 7:39 p.m.

Just gotta say, these are the kind of articles that I've missed from GR, and it's so great to see something like this done with genuine passion. Nice top 7, Lucas!
  • GR_LucasSullivan - October 9, 2012 9:05 a.m.

Thanks man! Glad you enjoyed it :D
  • Nap1400 - October 8, 2012 6:33 p.m.

I'm still waiting for a Rival Schools reboot. Obviously it won't happen until Darkstalkers 4 happens (which I'm guessing at this point will be real soon) but I can dream. At the very least I'd like United By Fate and Project Justice to be released as XBLA/PSN games like they did in Japan.
  • Jacko415 - October 8, 2012 5:24 p.m.

HEY. Fps Shadowrun was fucking fun! Don't whine about it not being like the original, then tell us not to whine about you whining about it! it was like CoD/BF meets magic powers. It damn sure FELT original. Teleporting through a wall to shotgun the guy on the other sides face off? AWESOME. Then gliding down through the streets and snagging the flag while your team eviscerates the opposition? AWESOME. Running around as a nimble elf with a katana, slashing fools in the back before you turn yourself into smoke a run off unharmed? AWESOME. IT WAS FUN SO FUCK YOU. AND THERE'S NO REASON BOTH AN FPS AND RPG VERSION CAN'T EXIST TOGETHER. Yeah pretty much.
  • GR_LucasSullivan - October 8, 2012 6:22 p.m.

lolol I agree that it should've been awesome, as on paper it was nothing short of amazing--but playing it just wasn't that fun, and it marked the first (but not last) time I was thoroughly disgusted with Games for Windows Live.
  • Jacko415 - October 9, 2012 3:30 p.m.

I think i enjoyed it way more than other people because A. I never played the orignal, so i wasn't disspapointed by it not being like the original, and it was full of new ideas (for me at least). B. The 3-5 good maps were good enough that i didn't need the other maps, and the varied play styles of classes lended a different way of playing on each map which kept them from getting boring. C. I played on xbox so i apperently had the better and more balanced version of the game. D. I don't know it was just extremely fun for me, and i was pretty damn good at it so it never really frustrated me.
  • Jacko415 - October 9, 2012 3:33 p.m.

I guess i just really want it to get a second chance as the FPS version. It just needed to get fleshed out more and tweaked. It has a shitload of potential.
  • pin316 - October 8, 2012 5:20 p.m.

They had a descent-style game on the N64 - Forsaken. It was one of my favorite games on the system, and would be pretty awesome to see a follow-up to either in current/next gen I am 100% agreed with the X-Wing/Tie Fighter thing - I've mentioned it as a game worthy of a reboot/new version/hd-remake countless times! I just can't understand why lucasarts haven't cottoned on to the notion that allowing 16-on-16 dogfights between the rebels and the empire using the capabilities of xbl/psn would be an absolutely ridiculous money-maker. Not to mention the rest of the content such as repeating famous mission from the movies, whole EU campaigns, and generally being a badass space pilot has massive appeal. X-Wing vs Tie Fighter (with the Balance of Power expansion) was easily the most complete iteration with great depth on both sides of the war and is prime candidate for an HD-port. Also for consideration: - Road Rash (everyone knows this already) - The Strike Series (i.e. Desert Strike - as Patrick Stewart said, the Apache Helicopter is an impressive piece of machinery - is has rockets and machine guns) - Cannon Fodder (War, never been so much fun) - Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines - seriously, Splinter Cell before Splinter Cell, set in world war 2...awesome) - Moonstone: A Hard Day's Knight - does any else remember this?) Ahhhh, nostalgia
  • sixo T - October 8, 2012 6:26 p.m.

I Had Road rash for the N64 and had some crazy ass fun. matter fact I remember taunting a few of the characters in game only to end up eating the glass of an oncoming car :X And the X-wing/Tie Fighter im assuming should have been an extra mode in SWBF3 (If lucasarts would have never beheaded the almost finished product)
  • Rhymenocerous - October 10, 2012 11:13 a.m.

Jesus Christ! Commandos! Totally forgot about that beast...
  • Octaviux - October 8, 2012 5 p.m.

I would love another Star Wars: X-Wing / TIE Fighter or Rogue Squadron game
  • dcbernman - October 8, 2012 4:40 p.m.

Not sure if these are really THAT old school, but I'd love to see a continuation to the Master of Orion and Homeworld series. A well translated addition to the Legend of Dragoon universe (hell, even a retranslation of the original) would be icing on the cake.
  • Godzillarex - October 8, 2012 3:47 p.m.

Cybernator! Admittedly, it be pretty damn difficult to reboot this and not make it yet another lumbering mech game, but it might be fun.
  • Fhiend - October 8, 2012 5:10 p.m.

Yeah I remember cybernator. That game kicked ass on the snes. Also, Space Megafoce! Presented by Toho.
  • TanookiMan - October 8, 2012 3:46 p.m.

When my family finally got a home computer in 1994, we bought Descent and a joystick. That game was sweet, I used to play it and a freeware game called Power Pete everyday after school.
  • ultimatepunchrod - October 8, 2012 3:16 p.m.

Yes to Shadow Run and Heretic. My brothers and I played so much Shadow Run on the Genesis. Such a great game.
  • Darkhawk - October 8, 2012 3:09 p.m.

The name escapes me, but there was some ultra-rip-off Turrican clone advertised recently. I could swear they even stole original assets from Turrican to make it. Maybe an Ouya game Anyone remember?
  • winner2 - October 8, 2012 2:07 p.m.

Don't know if these counts, but Stupid Invaders and Grim Fandango.
  • dcobs123 - October 8, 2012 2:49 p.m.

Grim Fandango is a great game but Tim Schaffer never does sequels. Also I haven't heard of Stupid Invaders but it looks hilarious.