Topics

Top 7

• codystovall - September 10, 2012 1:02 p.m.

Pikachu
  • J-Fid - September 10, 2012 3:58 p.m.

I don't think Pokemon is truly a fighting game, it's more of an RPG. And Pikachu isn't even that good of a fighter. Give me Garchomp please.
  • Nap1400 - September 10, 2012 6:24 p.m.

He meant Smash Bros. Though to be honest that isn't much of a true fighter either. And it's a crossover game, so there's that.
  • J-Fid - September 10, 2012 7:29 p.m.

And that was going to be my next argument if Smash Bros. was mentioned.
  • codystovall - September 13, 2012 6:02 a.m.

Really cause last time I checked the point of that game is fighting and its more fun than most fighting games. You cant say somethin doesnt count cause its "crossover".
  • Darkhawk - September 10, 2012 12:52 p.m.

Disappointed that "vs." wasn't considered a franchise. I would have loved to see Wolverine or Strider on this list. I'm sure others have their own favourites. (I have a soft spot in my heart for Rocket, Amaterasu, and Arthur.)
  • vent - September 10, 2012 12:42 p.m.

You clearly forgot Shaq.
  • onetimebuster - September 10, 2012 12:29 p.m.

Nooooooooooo! Andy bogard is better then Terry and i would pick Johnny Cage instead of Scorpion but it was your list and i respect what you picked and did any killer instinct fighter come close on your list?
  • BladedFalcon - September 10, 2012 12:02 p.m.

SOL BADGUY! FUCK YES! He is by far, and without question, my favorite fighting character. So I'm definitely happy he made it into the list. Specially because I know the fighting genre is crowded with ton of popular character, but seriously, as a character both in personality and Gameplay, Sol is a fucking baddass. Also, his main theme is one of the best out there. And well, as much as I love Sol, really, no one else could have made the top but Ryu. People might love to bitch about him, but no one can deny that there's really no fighting character (no, not even Chun-Li, sorry, horny fanboys.)more iconic than him.
  • crswaites - September 10, 2012 11:51 a.m.

I get it. Only one character per franchise. But I want you to know, you're going to burn in hell for not giving Chun-Li a spot.
  • 5DollarFootlong - September 10, 2012 11:39 a.m.

I just glad Sol made it into a GR top 7. stay gdlk lucas.
  • alex-roy-bristol - September 10, 2012 11:32 a.m.

I have never given a "HeY!1! Wut abawt Dish GUay!??!?!!?" comment before, but, really now guys, what about Poison Ivy!? She was even so freaking iconic for her "her -> him -> her" change(s)! :| Cmoon, I know you guys love 'er too! ;D Still, that being said, freaking GREAT article mates!
  • alex-roy-bristol - September 10, 2012 11:40 a.m.

Btw, I did mean Poison, but, the fact that after you found out she was a he at some times, you avoided "her" like Poison Ivy... ;D
  • BladedFalcon - September 10, 2012 11:58 a.m.

Just because she/he's polemic, doesn't make it more iconic than say... the franchise's poster boy, Ryu. He's right there alongside Mario as one most instantly recognizable VG characters, whether people like it or not.
  • alex-roy-bristol - September 18, 2012 8:31 a.m.

I guess... :'C B-but... Poison's HOT! :O You're right though mate, Ryu is probably more iconic. :P
  • Redeater - September 10, 2012 11:28 a.m.

I actually enjoyed E. Honda. I'm not sure how he has kept up in newer SF games but he was a blast to play with in SF2! Glad to see Scorpion on here though.
  • Redeater - September 10, 2012 11:32 a.m.

I'm a little surprised at the lack of Ninja Gaiden/DOA's Ryu Hayabusa on here.
  • Moondoggie1157 - September 10, 2012 12:50 p.m.

Remember the guy that spammed his palm strikes all the damn time? Yea, I was that asshole haha
  • Redeater - September 10, 2012 1:50 p.m.

You aren't alone buddy. :)