Topics

Best of GR

• mafyooz - May 10, 2013 1:34 p.m.

Dhoulmagus from Dragon Quest VIII. I love the way he says it's "Such a pity" right before his acts of homicide :)
  • bko - May 10, 2013 1:22 p.m.

91. DRM 92. Balance-breaking Microtransactions 93. Day one patches that create as many problems as they fix 94. Online pass codes that don't work 95. Always-online requirements 96. Server connection problems 97. Whoever canceled Prey 2 98. Final Fantasy XIII 99. Final Fantasy XIII-II 100. The Gizmondo
  • mafyooz - May 10, 2013 1:36 p.m.

98 gets my vote, didn't play 99 because of 98 but can't see it being much better....
  • Camberf - May 10, 2013 1:12 p.m.

A few that come to mind- Dahlia Hawthorne - Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations Ridley - Metroid Series Master Hand - Smash Bros. Series Luca Blight - Suikoden II Zant - LoZ: Twilight Princess Slenderman - Slender Great list, by the way. I like that you guys tend to include more recent characters and games as well instead of just going for the most iconic (AKA safe) examples.
  • flipped100 - May 10, 2013 1:05 p.m.

Can I just add (since you had a screencap of that darn Hold It! sign), why isn't Dahlia Hawthorne from the Phoenix Wright series on here? She came back from the dead to kill Phoenix. I mean, really, that's top level villainy right there!
  • masterjoe123 - May 10, 2013 12:57 p.m.

I vote Cortex from Crash Bandicoot. And N from Pokémon, even though he isn't much of a villain in the end.
  • flipped100 - May 10, 2013 12:57 p.m.

I find villains in survival horror games to be much more menacing than others. That being said, Slenderman should be a no brainer. And although not a huge game, that fricking guy with the sledgehammer in Clock Tower. I still have nightmares on him brutally killing little May. What about the Witch from the Left For Dead series? The lack of worthwhile female villains is strange. Why on earth isn't Eve from Parasite Eve here? She's much more evil than other Square-Enix villains on this list (cough cough Jecht). And The Boss from Metal Gear? Does she count? Also, another long shot, but deranged Prince Luca from Suikoden II should have a mention as well. I mean you get to see him burn villages down and mercilessly kill innocent villagers after having them roleplay as pigs. And if you're a casual gamer, I have never, ever hated chocolate in my entire life until I played Candy Crush.
  • tomasfr89 - May 10, 2013 2:03 p.m.

I second your petition to include the Witch, The Boss and Eve. Also, i'll include Manfred Von Karma from Phoenix Wright (he could threaten the freaking judge!).
  • CyrusDragonZero - May 12, 2013 6:57 p.m.

I'll definitely third Eve. She melted an entire Concert Audience into a sentient protector... so yeah that is certainly more evil than most on this list. And I'm not even including the people who catch on fire just by being near her...
  • codystovall - May 10, 2013 12:55 p.m.

I like that tom nooks on here. I suggest; Giovanni (pokemon) The witch (paper mario 2) Mr L. or Count bleck (paper mario 3) any villain (viewtiful joe) clyde (pac-man) didact (halo 4) Shockwave (fall of cybertron) the spider (limbo) lucifer (dantes inferno) master hand (smash bros)
  • codystovall - May 10, 2013 1:12 p.m.

especially giovanni, guy was a crime boss whilst masquerading as a pokemon league official, big ups.
  • bobob101 - May 10, 2013 12:51 p.m.

3 things 1. Fawful should be higher on the list 2. How can you have mother brain, but not Ridley? 3. Nice touch having Ganandorf and Link number 1 on their respective lists.