Topics

editorial

• LEGOMatrix - February 12, 2013 10:39 a.m.

Screw an American re-release, let's have a European RELEASE!
  • tehtimeisnow - February 12, 2013 1:37 a.m.

tehtimeisnow for this gane to rereleased in amaraca?no its not cuz its just anoter stuped kiddy nitedno game
  • Crazyty10 - March 4, 2013 2:16 p.m.

A kiddie game where the final boss starts as an eye and slowly becomes nightmare fuel, that has dialogue from a movie that traumatized Shigesato Itioi as a kid, and takes place in what looks like a womb.
  • dcobs123 - February 11, 2013 5:15 a.m.

I really hope they didn't soundtrack, I mean would Nintendo really run into legal issues with a game as under the radar as this?
  • ryan-barrett - February 10, 2013 9:20 p.m.

Give me real, 100%, unaltered Earthbound or don't give it to me at all.
  • GR HollanderCooper - February 10, 2013 9:21 p.m.

So losing out on one or two songs would make it not worth getting the game at all?
  • ryan-barrett - February 10, 2013 9:38 p.m.

It's not just 1 or 2. Go here: http://earthboundcentral.com/2009/02/earthbound-music-similarities/
  • ryan-barrett - February 10, 2013 9:43 p.m.

Whoops, should have posted this one instead: http://earthboundcentral.com/2009/02/earthbound-legal-issues/
  • LEGOMatrix - February 12, 2013 10:48 a.m.

NIntendo shouldn't have been such a bunch of pirates and used so much copyrighted stuff in the first place! They owe it to their fans to remake the games with original music and graphics like a genuinely inventive company! Fing disgraceful!
  • 8bitBaby - February 11, 2013 9:11 a.m.

i think losing the songs even 1 or 2 is a big deal. it's not just the gameplay and story that makes earthbound so great it's the music as well. if any of it is changed it changes the game. i know what you're thinking, but it really does. it's like watching the edited versions of Daria without all the 90's music in it. it just changes the impact of it somehow.
  • LEGOMatrix - February 12, 2013 10:52 a.m.

You don't think Nintendo could come up with good music that doesn't use loads of other people's work? You know, so many people haven't even played it that that nostalgia factor means nothing. If you have played it enough to get nostalgic feelings over the old music, then at least you have played it! Count yourself lucky mate!
  • shawksta - February 10, 2013 8:22 p.m.

Heavily agree Its already bad enough Ness and Lucas especially only credibility as "Those guys from Smash Bros" and you would THINK that Lucas being in Brawl meant SOMETHING but NOPE. Its dillusional that its being ignored, it needs to stand up tall and come back! and the thing is, people are killing themselves just for a Virtual console game! Hmm, maybe Retro Studios is gonna revive Earthbound, but thats highly unlikely and just crushed speculation over our sadness of no Earthbound!
  • MCBadong - February 10, 2013 8:19 p.m.

Guygas in modern 3D? Wonder how he's gonna look like?
  • ninjaemperor - February 10, 2013 4:23 p.m.

Agreed Hoff, agreed. I've played the game before through *cough* completely legitimate means, but seriously, let's get the actual game here again.
  • Redeater - February 10, 2013 2:35 p.m.

Why do I need Earthbound when I have Rayman Legends to play? It's not like my Wii U is just sitting there collecting dust.....much like my Wii was. Seriously, I beat Mario 100%, went through ZombieU twice and played enough Scribblenauts. I haven't touched it in a month and I have to wait over half a year to get a decent original game? You fucking owe me Earthbound Nintendo.
  • Cinaclov - February 10, 2013 2:33 p.m.

And Europe. Don't forget about us, we want this too! And presumably Australia and Canada and everywhere else that isn't America are the same. I remember sitting with the pause screen on SSBM looking around Onette thinking how cool it'd be to actually get to explore this place. Before researching and discovering it'd never been released over here in any form. As you say, there's no real excuse and plenty of wanting fans willing to throw monies at it.
  • C.King - February 10, 2013 12:58 p.m.

it's that good eh? sadly my only experience with the franchise is ssb, why'd they remove the sky scraper stage that was one of my favs?
  • pl4y4h - February 10, 2013 1:20 p.m.

http://mother3.fobby.net/ You can play mother 3 on your computer with the download on this site if you're interested
  • Person5 - February 11, 2013 6:14 a.m.

You can also find Earthbound for the ZSNES on just about any torrent site. And don't feel bad about playing it pirated, the only way to play the game legit is to buy an $80 cartridge. I still regret losing my copy of Earthbound all those years ago.
  • SirCheesedip - February 10, 2013 12:49 p.m.

I 100% agree with you Hoff. Let's hope Nintendo brings it over here. Give the entire world the chance to play this magical game.