• Bloodstorm - March 24, 2011 3:52 p.m.

Very few games stand the test of time. It will be interesting to wee, in 20 years, how this generations games compare and if going back and playing them still has the same effect.
  • Redeater - March 24, 2011 3:45 p.m.

This was pretty heartbreaking for me actually. I know I would look exactly the same if I dusted of the atari.
  • RicePuddingUK - March 24, 2011 3:41 p.m.

the ending when he put it away was actually quite sad, times gone byand they aint coming back, I can fully relate to that
  • Drakan - March 24, 2011 3:32 p.m.

Brilliant.
  • CandiedJester - March 24, 2011 3:17 p.m.

Not if you played good games! I have recently played a lot of the games I usually nostalgia about. Donkey kong country 2, Pokemon Blue, Silver and Crystal, Crash Team Racing, GTA Vice City, etc. They are all every single bit of fun as they once were. Every single bit. I also sometimes pick up and appreciate old games that I never played. And being someone who enjoys bad movies and games a heck of a lot more than I should, the worse the better! Great example: Michael Jackson's Moonwalker. Which is just hilarious in that it even exists. But I also appreciate good old games I never played before, like Chrono Trigger. Old games are great. The end. If they are bad now they were probably bad back then and you just couldn't afford to buy something else because you were like 6. It is my firm belief that amazing graphics and all that fancy new stuff have very little to do with whether a game is good or not.
  • Clovin64 - March 24, 2011 2:53 p.m.

lol, I ended up catching an episode of this show last week. It makes a good point though, NOSTALGIA IS NOT RELIABLE.
  • Seabread - March 24, 2011 2:52 p.m.

Is that fucking Spud? some games from yester year are classics and can often be taken out and enjoyed as much today as they were when they were new. others deserve to be kept locked away and never allowed to see the light of day again.
  • Dlinedj09 - March 24, 2011 2:51 p.m.

Sad but true. Also, first!