Topics

Top 7

• aequitas13 - December 10, 2009 2:08 a.m.

WTF?! No Syberia!?
  • Defguru7777 - December 9, 2009 11:34 p.m.

I'll always have a place in my heart for Assault on the Control Room in Halo 1 and Halo in Halo 3. Also, shouldn't Avalanche in Gears of War 2 get a shout out? You can be killed by an avalanche that simultaneously gives you access to a new weapon. I wholeheartedly loved Phendrana Drifts and the Zelda Ice Mansion.
  • oryandymackie - December 9, 2009 4:51 p.m.

I was hoping to launch an overly volatile attack if Lost Planet was not included on this list, but GR, you stole my thunder. You stole it, damn it.
  • Vagrant - December 9, 2009 7:33 a.m.

I enjoyed the list, but come on. Uncharted 2 snow was MILES better than Lost Planet snow. And I'm kind of surprised Majora's Mask snow mountain didn't get a mention.
  • Chewrocka - December 9, 2009 5:14 a.m.

Love it Brett! but i just played through twilight princess again and I'm a little disappointed Phendrana didn't take the spotlight instead.
  • CH3BURASHKA - December 9, 2009 3:23 a.m.

Though not technically a level, I think the winter setting of Max Payne was quite the 'winter wonderland'. It was a character all unto itself (or at least the writers tried to make it so), and it's oppressive nature worked quite well.
  • nik41507 - December 9, 2009 1:34 a.m.

it snowed today in the mountains
  • Cyberninja - December 8, 2009 11:20 p.m.

relly nice article makes me cold though
  • understudybass - December 8, 2009 11 p.m.

stop whining about the cold you weenie, you live and San Francisco and we all know it.
  • Gotxxrock - December 8, 2009 10:35 p.m.

I loved Metroid Prime's Phendrana Drifts, that was one of the most beautiful levels I have ever played.
  • phoenix_wings - December 8, 2009 10:09 p.m.

I personally thought that the snow level in MGS4 was better than in MGS.
  • DasavageJ - December 8, 2009 9:20 p.m.

Great article and all but I'm surprised on how you left out Uncharted 2 after saying it had better snow effects and overall beauty than even Lost Planet(might have been PSM that said that). Regardless this was an enjoyable read, and I do actually agree with everything on this list. Maybe MGS4 on there as well?
  • solsurvivor - December 8, 2009 9:19 p.m.

Hello? Secret of Mana! Santa actually made a cameo as Frost Gigas!
  • jackthemenace - December 8, 2009 8:45 p.m.

if only it snowed in england ANYWERE near christmas. last time i remember it snowing it was the middle of april... but i got to skip geography (oh, the irony)
  • GameManiac - December 8, 2009 7:41 p.m.

The whole irony of this to me is that I've never even SEEN snow. I wish it would snow where I live.
  • Pr0tonC4 - December 8, 2009 1:17 p.m.

Yea I also felt some snow levels did not make it but the article still was nice and well done. I know enjoy visiting gamesradar more then ign, good job people...
  • Persona - December 8, 2009 12:09 p.m.

I'm probably one of those people who found Lost Planet bloody amazing. The environment is definitely worth praising alone.. Maybe smell-a-vision will force us to suit up when playing these kinda games.
  • StoveToTheFace - December 8, 2009 11:50 a.m.

almost forgot about Shadows of the Empire that game was GREAT!!! and the HOTH level was the best! errm MARIO 64 like others have said is one of the greatest snow levels ever!! and anything DK is alwasys gonna be top of my list
  • punkmetalmage - December 8, 2009 9:19 a.m.

in a perfect world, U2 would've gotten the number one spot instead of an honorable mention.
  • RedAppolyon - December 8, 2009 9:14 a.m.

What about the snow level in Goldeneye for the 64 or the snow level in then first Halo where you could snipe the $#!t out of stuff