• Kezmer - September 24, 2010 5:05 a.m.

um Bioshock 2? maybe I am drunk or missed a page but those were kind of fun
  • DJ_Funktris - September 23, 2010 9:13 p.m.

What about Bayonetta?
  • DrIntrigue - September 23, 2010 7:38 p.m.

Clanker's Cavern in Banjo-Kazooie may have had an interesting premise, but having played the game recently, I have to say Banjo still controlled like crap and that level is not fun.
  • KidKatana - September 22, 2010 11:01 a.m.

Don't know if anyone actually played it, but Folklore on PS3 had an awesome water level - they didn't change the controls at all, you just walked around underwater like it was the most natural thing on earth. It was also really beautiful and atmospheric, set in an Atlantis-style lost city. Plus it had some of the best monsters in the game, and kickass music as well. I was reminded of it because the boss in that level looks suspiciously like the colossus featured in this article...
  • FauxFurry - September 22, 2010 8:42 a.m.

I'm guessing that the Ecco the Dolphin games don't count because they are entirely water level. Of course,the reason why they aren't mentioned could easily be that of entire games built around water levels, they aren't as satisfying to play as these breaks from the ordinary were? The same goes for Feeding Frenzy,I take it?
  • BadCompanyBrik - September 22, 2010 1:10 a.m.

Disappointed, you didn't mention the awesome secret parts of the DK water levels. It was the amazing secrets of DKC + the amazing water levels of DKC.
  • YuGiOhisbetterthanMagic - September 21, 2010 10:51 p.m.

I think the Water Temple of every Zelda game ever should be on here. seriously, i love the Water Temple, Water Temple for life.
  • GameManiac - September 21, 2010 10:25 p.m.

Classic Nintendo, standing out amongst the croud.
  • michelkeepertje - September 21, 2010 8:44 p.m.

How about the water temple in Twilight Princess? Or doesn't it coun't as a water level?
  • Shake - September 21, 2010 4:08 p.m.

The water levels in LocoRoco 2 were extremely well done. Mostly they were just bits of other levels, but the control was amazing.
  • jimbob0025 - September 21, 2010 2:08 p.m.

I always liked the underwater section in MGS2.
  • lincc289 - September 21, 2010 1:43 p.m.

go!go! About you, fashionable tide Story will start from here! http://fogz.eu/8tthy
  • philipshaw - September 21, 2010 11:52 a.m.

Great feature, but bisohock should be on the list because the whole game is underwater and is great
  • sleepy92ismypsn - September 21, 2010 9:21 a.m.

Where's Crash Bandicoot Warped? The 2 water levels in Crash 3 were some of my least favorite levels, but They are better than most water levels. The jet ski level in Crash 2 were also a blast. Way better than the jet ski level in Uncharted.
  • jmcgrotty - September 21, 2010 6:34 a.m.

I would haev put Super Mario Bros -1 world in the top spot.
  • Hotdiddykong - September 21, 2010 3:57 a.m.

@t3rry747 this is a list of GOOD water levels Water Temples in zelda are the most frustrating
  • Hotdiddykong - September 21, 2010 3:43 a.m.

Some levels might be shit to consider good,like clankers cavern, but Mario's and Donkey kongs's are there especially for the beutiful music hell its nintendo, Gameplay and music > Graphics
  • SausageLozenge - September 21, 2010 2:04 a.m.

I hated down the tubes, its where I always got stuck. It was just as bad as the first TMNT video game. At least we'll get to hear some Donkey Kong Country music on T-dar.
  • Crimmy - September 21, 2010 1:35 a.m.

I'm all for Mario and Banjo-Kazooie being on here, but those levels sucked.
  • Strangleme - September 20, 2010 10:54 p.m.

Excellent article!!! I agree 100% with #1 on this list. Every single water level in that game was incredible.