Topics

Top 7

• holic237 - April 27, 2012 2:29 a.m.

Dead Space always reminded me of Bioshock in space ...
  • miasma - March 12, 2010 12:18 a.m.

Robopon lol. Terrible
  • gilgamesh310 - February 7, 2010 10:41 p.m.

Syphon filter should definately not be on this list. The game plays drastically different to metal gear solid even if it does share some similarities.SF has a lot less emphasis on stealth and more on balls out action.I enjoyed it much more at the time although I now respect that metal gear solid did more for the medium.
  • CRUSHALL - December 17, 2009 10:48 p.m.

So what about the original Super Mario 2... Its the exact same as a game called Doki Doki Panic... Dave and Josh want to know why this isnt the number 1 ripoff!
  • Spritle101 - November 23, 2009 5:26 a.m.

There is absolutely no such thing as originality.
  • brickman409 - October 18, 2009 9:32 p.m.

simpsons road rage, good times hit and run was better though
  • brickman409 - October 18, 2009 9:31 p.m.

simpsons road rage, good times hit and run was better though
  • PivotPlurals1 - September 27, 2009 5:09 p.m.

@CarbonFire Yes there was a Pokemon Green But it was Horrid.
  • InstantThreat - September 10, 2009 4:42 a.m.

i should make a cheap rip off of gears of war and sell it for $59.95 ;D thats how money is made
  • aatinko - September 6, 2009 1:09 p.m.

OMGosh dude, you hit that nail square on the head! RT http://www.anon-tools.vze.com
  • reaperman22 - September 6, 2009 2:03 a.m.

banjo was more fun i reckon but you could add a lot more games to this blist especially for the mario cart one. just cause they change the characters and level textures doesnt make it any different
  • nightwalker62 - September 2, 2009 11:47 a.m.

dead space was a RIVAL not a rip off
  • Tymiegie - September 1, 2009 11:35 p.m.

I have only played Dead Space and The Simpson's Road Rage. I loved Dead Space and I actually thought Simpson's was pretty good. Although I wasn't very critical of games back then since I played them casually so that is probably why I liked it. That and it was the Simpsons
  • linkganon - September 1, 2009 10:58 p.m.

i remember a part when snake says to send the guy from syphon filter or the guy from splinter cell in instead of him for a mission anyone can do, probabally implying they are worthless.
  • coolbeans - September 1, 2009 3:12 p.m.

Pokémon came out in red blue and green then yellow came out with Pikachu following you around
  • doomdude - September 1, 2009 12:11 p.m.

dude totally true about the pokemon ripoff and the mario kart one
  • Spybreak8 - September 1, 2009 6:54 a.m.

Ahaha, Robopon, never heard of it!? Gotta love the mario kart like game, crazy wacky characters with lightning bolts lol. Captcha: "baptize mother" nice
  • Cwf2008 - September 1, 2009 4:46 a.m.

"A massive, resounding fifty foot yes perched atop the Empire State Building swatting down Pikachu-piloted biplanes." Made me lol. Great article, but theres gotta be a reason none of us heard of Robopon...hmm...
  • Schmegeggi - September 1, 2009 3:48 a.m.

I'm sorry, but Dead Space is a note for note rip-off of System Shock 2. That may be a bit old for your readers but far more accurate.
  • SausageLozenge - September 1, 2009 12:40 a.m.

One thing that Syphon Filter had that MGS didn't was a taser. I loved tasering scientists until they caught on fire.