Topics

Top 7

• IntimidatingStair - May 9, 2011 10:13 p.m.

Kid Chameleon and Jet Set are my most wanted, good read.
  • GrandHarrier - May 9, 2011 10:04 p.m.

Yes, God yes. I want a REAL Phantasy Star successor. Algol was a fascinating backdrop for an amazing series that was truly ahead of its time.
  • Curtis_Stone - May 9, 2011 10:03 p.m.

Oh Jet Set Radio, how I love you so!!
  • StoneDreadnaught - May 9, 2011 10:03 p.m.

Dear Sega, Gunstar Heroes HD. Love, StoneDreadnaught.
  • SparkMandrilSP - May 9, 2011 10:01 p.m.

I would love to see a new Jet Set Radio, even if it was only a remake with better graphics. PD: The Burning Rangers theme is officially stuck in my head.
  • PanzerDSS - May 9, 2011 9:55 p.m.

As someone whose screen name means "Panzer Dragoon Sega Saturn", I approve of this article.
  • Turbobison - May 9, 2011 9:54 p.m.

We need another Powerstone. However, more like 1. I didn't care for the Smash Brother esqe syle.
  • batmanboy11 - May 9, 2011 9:54 p.m.

Man, Jet Set Radio needs to be brought back!
  • bobob101 - May 9, 2011 9:52 p.m.

Jet Set Radio would be an amazing title for the 3DS! just saying, i think that would be its best option.
  • buro13 - May 9, 2011 9:51 p.m.

Uhhhh Skies of Arcadia anybody?! I been waiting 10 years damnit!
  • crumbdunky - May 9, 2011 9:48 p.m.

TJ&E was a hell of a great time back in the day and a return could be amazing if done well. I seem to remember a levelling system of a kind where you went from being a "dufus" to being a "poindexter" and so on-I wish I could recall if they meant anything beyond being a name.
  • BeerBaron - May 9, 2011 9:44 p.m.

Good list. Phantasy Star on the Master System was the first JRPG I had ever tried. It's the only one I really liked as well. I thought Phantasy Star 2 while prettier looking was a very flat experience and dull experience.
  • Eskya - May 9, 2011 9:42 p.m.

No Shenmue? Huh, usually on list like this it's number one (and should be). I'd also love to see a xbl/psn release of Shining Force 3
  • StrayGator - May 9, 2011 9:40 p.m.

This article was not written by Justin Towell. Thus, it is wrong in every conceivable level. Also, Golden Axe. Captcha: convicted rlybus. Yeah, it gets my drift.
  • deadpool125 - May 9, 2011 9:39 p.m.

I've always loved Billy Hatcher. I feel like it's one of the better games to come from Sonic Team in ages. It's still far too under-rated even though it's, in my opinion, one of the best Gamecube games.
  • SpikroddNG - May 9, 2011 9:32 p.m.

Toy Commander was a huge part of my Dreamcast days, as was Darkstalkers and Pen Pen TriIcelon (the other two almost entirely unheard of; nevermind them), and Virtual On was an arcade staple. I played that game for hours in the local arcade when i was 8-11 and it was magical each time. I think there was a japanese release of it recently on the X360. They'd both be incredibly strong titles if released at the right times and were done right; they're not too strong of titles on their own old engines and would need to be altered greatly to survive or be competitive period (which is the key reason why Road Rash hasn't been resurrected yet).
  • Mooshon - May 9, 2011 9:26 p.m.

Spent far too many hours grinding the relentlessly repeating levels for pointless loot in Phantasy Star on Dreamcast ha. As said above, much more patience in them days - though still not for trying to text type with a controller. Anyone bother with that? Jet Set Radio must have a HD remake!
  • FantasticMrStarFox - May 9, 2011 9:20 p.m.

I want to see Road Rash come back. I love Road Rash 3 on the Genesis.
  • JSayonara - May 9, 2011 9:15 p.m.

Toejam & Earl! Make it more like the first and less like #2 (although some platforming bits would be okay). At least a Live/PSN game would be nice if it wouldn't support a full retail game. Also, Space Channel 5 needs to return.
  • Ampatent - May 9, 2011 9:14 p.m.

JET SET RADIOOOOOOO! I want another video top 7. =/