Topics

Top 7

• D0CCON - October 4, 2010 9:32 p.m.

I found the warp zone easily without knowing it was there when I was six. I looked at the blocks on top of level 1-2 and it looked like running on top of them would make the whole level really easy. Just ran across it the whole level and found out there was a secret waiting at the end. The other ones I didn't find, but considering the only other game on this list that I've played is Batman AA, I'm guessing that isn't a big surprise. Halo Reach had a great one. When you have to defend Dr. Halsey's lab near the end of the game, there is a secret room. To get to it, you have to play on legendary and be in coop. One person needs a jetpack. The jetpack person has to jump over a certain fence and as he falls he has to look for a button. There will be a return to battlefield prompt, so he has to find it fast. The button is close to the ground and touching the ground kills, so the flyer has to be really careful. If he/she manages to hit the button, they will have to die (no way out without dying) and respawn by their teammate. 6 strong elites come out of the now unlocked room carrying energy swords. Once they are dealt with, you can enter the room where you will be teleported to another room that shows off tons of things that the Halo community has done. Without Rooster Teeth showing off the room, I never would have known of its existence. ReCaptcha: .,;' sereft
  • BlueEevee - October 4, 2010 9:28 p.m.

How was the LoZ room hard to find, went there every time I played, at least I now know what that name was about
  • shadowreaper72 - October 4, 2010 7:53 p.m.

My personal favorite was a room I found on the first Halo on the last level after you fail the warthog jump. Theres words on the wall the written on the wall with blood and it says REX. Who the hell is Rex? A Bungie develpoer? Someones dog?
  • Uncle_Soaky - October 4, 2010 7:10 p.m.

I'm surprised that you guys ranked LTTP so high on how secret that room is. I found the thing completely by accident. All you do is hear that door open chime when you walk into the first room then hear it close after a couple of seconds. Who the hell would ignore that in a zelda game?
  • BlackElement17 - October 4, 2010 6:52 p.m.

Great secret scale. I would have suggested the secret museum area from Ratchet and clack 2 for the list
  • Defguru7777 - October 4, 2010 6:40 p.m.

I knew about the secret room in Mario. I figured that Arkham Asylum would make it into this list.
  • dibs - October 4, 2010 6:38 p.m.

What, no comment about that first video yet? I was not expecting a shock video from GR. I did not need that at all.
  • deej - October 4, 2010 6:11 p.m.

My first thought was 'Level 0' on ToeJam and Earl on the Megadrive...I loved that game back in the 90s
  • MrTwinbee - October 4, 2010 5:51 p.m.

People who moan about sites ripping each other off are totally dumb.
  • GamesRadarBrettElston - October 4, 2010 5:39 p.m.

@theheadcase If it makes you feel any better, this has been on our article tracker for a month. So maybe Cracked ripped off OUR idea from internal documents??? Also it's the internet. With four billion people writing all day every day, you're going to get some overlap.
  • GamesRadarBrettElston - October 4, 2010 5:37 p.m.

I'm partial to the 100 bonus rooms of DKC
  • theHeadCase - October 4, 2010 5:11 p.m.

Shame on you GR. Cracked did a list just like this last week. A couple of these games were on there too. http://www.cracked.com/article_18801_9-video-game-easter-eggs-that-took-years-to-find.html
  • IRIsH - October 4, 2010 4:25 p.m.

Merio bros 3 warp whistle rooms they were good
  • thedutewaw - October 4, 2010 2:57 p.m.

As soon as I saw this article I thought it was inspired by the Tribute Room in Reach that has all of Bungie's nods to its community. The guys from Rooster Teeth found it and its just chocked full of stuff. But it was still a fantastic list, the Warden's room was pretty awesome. Check out the secret room in Reach, just getting to it is pretty convoluted. http://roosterteeth.com/archive/?id=1560
  • KnightDehumidifier - October 4, 2010 2:54 p.m.

What about the gay dance party in SimCopter?
  • gmknoble - October 4, 2010 2:16 p.m.

No Donkey Kong Country? I just watched my friend beat that game with 101%* in an hour and two minutes. That game is nothing but secrets, which might take away from how secret it is, but some of the rooms are just ridiculous!
  • Baron164 - October 4, 2010 2:11 p.m.

I think the Warp Pipe Rooms in Mario 1 have to be the best known "Secret" in gaming history.
  • JD_Method - October 4, 2010 1:42 p.m.

I think a few of us on the official Eidos forums were the first to find the Arkham Asylum secret room. Of course, none of us knew it was there until Sefton Hill, the game director, said there was something in Sharpe's office. We spent ages looking around his office. We didn't actually know it was a secret room at the time, we just knew there was some easter egg in there. Finally some dude with the PC version used no clip and found the room but had no idea how to get in properly. We figured it out eventually. We were all shocked at what we found. Haha, good times.
  • Ultima - October 4, 2010 1:29 p.m.

@PushesPaperInACircle where is that room? As you may have guessed im a big Ultima fan but ive never heard of it!
  • Austin_SJ - October 4, 2010 1:21 p.m.

Max Payne had a cool secret room that was a homage to Buffy.