Topics

Top 7

• Gonzo4Life - May 5, 2009 11:20 p.m.

but Anologic... how often do u git to f**king nuke a whole f**king city?!!
  • jesusfrk15 - May 5, 2009 11:07 p.m.

hahaha yahhh you actually had honerable mention to double agent and fable II :D
  • fluorine - May 5, 2009 10:49 p.m.

About Mass Effect...For some reason, the choice between the two never really hit me that hard. Partly because I never really like them, Kaiden is just normal Bioware whiny baby kind of guy (alone the line of Carth in Kotor, and Anomen in Baldur's Gate II) and Ashley...I can see the game try to give her a personality, but I don't buy it. So in the end, it really doesn't make much of a difference, especially I end up romance with Liara the first time through. The second time I romanced with Kaiden and...what a disappointment! Bastila romance line is much better than this. The best ending (that come from a choice) so far is still Bioshock. Mostly because the game is all about "choice", and in the end, if you choose to be good, the reward is extremely saticifying. I was in tears all the way through the final cut scene. it's so good.
  • CheesyPuffs - May 5, 2009 9:36 p.m.

Sleeping grunts!
  • Jedipimp0712 - May 5, 2009 9:03 p.m.

i know mass effect is on the bottom, for additional games, but i dont feel as if the moral choices of Fable 2 were as difficult as Mass Effects. *SPOILER* especially when you have to choose between Kaiden, and Ashley. *UN SPOILER* i think it should have been at least one of the top 7. especially since games like GTA, Bioshock, and Fallout 3 were up there. also, i dont know if Mr.Barratt put Pokemon in the top 7 to be funny, but i truly think that it is an outdated game that has been milked for too long.
  • OldSkoolNinja - May 5, 2009 4:26 p.m.

You guys forgot the ending of Kane & Lynch, though I'm probably one of like five people that played Kane & Lynch to completion. The entire game focuses on saving Kane's daughter, but you do so with the help of all your mercenary friends from earlier. At the end you can either take off and leave your friends to burn and your daughter hates you, or you can go back for them, where your daughter dies and both main characters are fatally wounded. Bad ending or worst ending? Maybe not that gut-wrenching I suppose.
  • fluorine - May 5, 2009 4:23 p.m.

I thought I'm the only one who feel "obligated" to play light and dark side on every star war games I played...(not other games though...just the start war games). And some choices are really hard, cheap I know...but still hard and painful. Kotor I, it's a shock, and the first RPG that makes me cry. GTA choices are great, very few games throw you these "real life/no good or bad" choices at you. However, I'd love to see more impact on the game though. Fable is supposed to be all about choices, but...somehow it stands rather shallow and pale compare to games like Bioshock or Fallout. But I still enjoyed it...In the end, I saved the people...only because it is my princeple that during the first time through, I always play female good character. If it's a real life decision, I'll save my dog and my family.
  • conal130 - May 5, 2009 3:14 p.m.

when i played bioshock first time around, i ended up killing the little sisters. then, for some unknown reason, the game broke. a couple of days later and a replaced copy, i started a new game, and saved ALL the little sisters. not only do you feel better when you see all the little (non) sisters playing in Tebenaum's safehouse, but when the game finishes, you generally feel a lot better about yourself. UNLESS YOU'RE AN EVIL BASTARD!
  • dreamgor - May 5, 2009 2:36 p.m.

@flyinMX you're my soulmate I cant be evil in game my consciense kills me if i do later...-.- you also took water pokemon and dragon quest! youre my new friendXD
  • Analogic - May 5, 2009 1:25 p.m.

I sure hate making evil choices in games, I always try to be that all-so-good guy, even if it means people stepping all over me. I behave in video games just as I do in real life, and in real life I sure as hell don't go around ripping apart little girls or f**king nuke whole f**king cities.
  • LionheartAce - May 5, 2009 11:32 a.m.

Chrono Cross! *cry* Why did Lynx have to be such a bastard?!
  • caboose4400 - May 5, 2009 11:29 a.m.

they forgot gta 4's ending decision
  • 435 - May 5, 2009 6:11 a.m.

I have to disagree with the #1 here, just because it's something that requires previous knowledge and/or playthroughs to really make it difficult. Tough choices require a information, and you don't get a lot with the start of a Poke'game.
  • scrimbleshanks - May 5, 2009 5:34 a.m.

what about ninja gaiden 2 where u have to make a real life decision if you should kill yourself or not because the game hands your ass too you on master ninja? oh and you can kill sonia for being compeletly worthless lol.
  • veratron - May 5, 2009 3:51 a.m.

hey today is my birthday so i thank Charlie Barratt for the fantastic gift
  • FlyinHawaiian13 - May 5, 2009 3:49 a.m.

the first gta decision was cake for me because playboy was a douche
  • Corsair89 - May 5, 2009 3:16 a.m.

@theschwartzb: You obviously haven't played Ar tonelico 2. If you had you would know that the bathing is way more adorable than sexy.(I'm a guy as well, BTW) They swim around in what is more like a large 30x30 foot jacuzi or hot spring at a spa than a regular bath tub. It isn't really sexy at all, it's just two(three, when Jaqcli finally joins the party later in the game)girls splashing around in a pool. @BigBossOSE: You obviously haven't played Ar tonelico 2 either. If you had, you wouldn't be confused by how it made the list. Although I can't speak for all guys, it's not a chioce of "who's boobs do you want to imagine fondling," but it's so much deeper then that. You "Dive" into their subconscious and learn, bit by bit, who they are, what their dreams are, what their flaws are, etc. Both Luca and Lady Cloche each receive a massive amount of character development, more than any other game character I can think of. In fact, I think the only rivals of Luca and Cloche in character development are Aurica and Misha from the FIRST Ar tonelico. I thought it a was a gut wrenching chioce because I coundn't help but care about what happens to both of them. Play the game, you will (hopefully)understand.
  • batman5273 - May 5, 2009 2:56 a.m.

what about kane and lynch?
  • JohnTheFisherman - May 5, 2009 2:53 a.m.

nice article. Hey, you forgot in the ending of Splinter Cell:Double Agent where you have to make a (gut wrenching) decision whether to kill your mentor Lambert or to kill Jamie Washington and risk blowing your cover. Those gta 4 choices were brutal,they actual required thinking over
  • ELpork - May 5, 2009 2:04 a.m.

I have to say it, I do think Mass effect "Should" have been on there, but getting a shout out is enough. PS: Water type all the way