Topics

Top 7

• CanadianBeaverHunter - November 9, 2010 2:05 p.m.

Nice list. Well, at least the top 6. I haven't played the Professor Layton series yet so I can't comment on #7. But I'll be checking it out thanks to this list.
  • AncientCanada97 - November 9, 2010 1:55 p.m.

I can't wait to see what Dragon Age does with it's future. God damn I'm pumped lol
  • JosefMotley - November 9, 2010 1:26 p.m.

this should have been renamed "why this generation of consoles has failed to come up with anything beyond mediocre" i cannot come up with a single new franchise that has appealed to me in the slightest. bad times. and i've played most of these games
  • tareq - November 9, 2010 1:02 p.m.

> jettisoned everything that drove us nuts in the first game LolPlanetscanninglol
  • scatpack - November 9, 2010 12:26 p.m.

Nice top 7. I think guitar hero or rock band should have been up there.
  • NeelEvil - November 9, 2010 10:17 a.m.

@ 2cute2Bcruel Do you think maybe that's because Nintendo haven't started a new franchise this generation & any new franchises by 3rd partys haven't turned out too well? Wii Sports was perfected with resort & has no where to go now, Conduit was dissapointing & the 1st Red Steel was pretty shit. At least NMH got an honorable mention!
  • 2cute2Bcruel - November 9, 2010 9:55 a.m.

I was delighted to see Prof. Layton at seven. Aside from that, there are NO games on this list that are made by Nintendo or are featured on a Nintendo system. Flame if you like, but I grew up w/ the NES. You put L4D at #4! Heh. I agree w/ n00b about the difference between ME 1 and 2.
  • jmcgrotty - November 9, 2010 7:04 a.m.

Umm.... I hate to be the one that points this out, but you do realize that some of these choices are first-person shooters, right? No chance in hell you could ever praise one of them. I suggest you edit the story as soon as possible, to avoid the embarrassment of too many people seeing it.
  • spideralex90 - November 9, 2010 6:48 a.m.

It took Mass Effect 2's ad campaign to get me to play Mass Effect 1. IT'S SO GOOD. ME2 Was EPIC. This was a good top 7, i don't own a PS3 so i've never played Uncharted, but it never really peaked my interest. Not to say it's bad, i just can't/haven't played it.
  • Pytor - November 9, 2010 5:32 a.m.

I'm sorry, Rock Band has been with this generation since year two. It has three very strong titles, each greatly improving upon the previous and adding tons of new stuff, not to mention the RB Network, all the people it has inspired to pic up a real instrument, all the awesome RB parties I've been to... It should be on this list!
  • Zeipher - November 9, 2010 5:09 a.m.

@digitaltherapy: All of those games are last gen, you silly bitch. Good list. Don't necessarily agree with Gears (I don't see what it has accomplished), but overall, not bad.
  • Errrrbo - November 9, 2010 5:07 a.m.

Mass Effect isn't just the the best new franchise of this generation. It's the best series, new or old, of this generation.
  • Hotdiddykong - November 9, 2010 4:59 a.m.

Great list guys, Im happy to see professor layton up there, the series is awesome and its not the usual expected type of games. You made good points for each of them but seriously, you have Layton,assasins creed,Uncharted, and 4 shooters.
  • JayBeat - November 9, 2010 4:55 a.m.

I completely agree with every game on the list :) especially number one. i love it too much.
  • SCRubS77 - November 9, 2010 4:39 a.m.

Loved the hell out of EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THESE games. A fantastic Top 7.
  • MrSuitMan - November 9, 2010 3:52 a.m.

Huh. Would've thought you guys would mention Valkyria Chronicles. Guess not then.
  • Digitaltherapy - November 9, 2010 3:41 a.m.

You guys are the stupidest gaming site ever. No Halo or call of duty... I admit that assassins creed was a good choice but professor Layton? Damn... Mass effect as number 1 also... It deserves around 3, no fable, command and conquer, or Splinter cell, ign is way better than gamesradar. Another thing, how the hell is halo reach worse than halo 3? Halo reach is the best halo game yet. If anyone disagrees with this comment message me.
  • sleepy92ismypsn - November 9, 2010 3:12 a.m.

Nice Top 7 GamesRadar. I was about to say, you forgot Rock Band. That's a nice addition to the Top 7's, a few 'you forgots' and runners up. Only series I've played from the top 7 was Bioshock and Gears. I loved the first Bioshock so damn much and the sequel was a great addition to the series. I played 3 hours of Gears 1 and halfway through Gears 2. I would've finished but I started on other peoples 360's and never got to finish.
  • Z-man427 - November 9, 2010 3:01 a.m.

This is exactly the list that I expected, except for Professor Layton. Great games int heir own right, but I just didn't expect it. Personally, I would put AC a little higher, but it's by far my favorite franchise so I'm a little biased.
  • santaclouse37 - November 9, 2010 2:58 a.m.

Haha, nice to see the "Top list of things we omitted" feature bleed over from TDar into reality.