Topics

Top 7

• Imgema - May 10, 2010 12:36 p.m.

The Resident Evil 2 demo should also be on this list.
  • allthegoodnameswheretaken - May 10, 2010 12:32 p.m.

@Kipper Sarcasm fail on my part that was the whole point you see it was basically a demo and they made you pay for it
  • Rojoco - May 10, 2010 12:18 p.m.

I played that GT demo at an event a few years back. From what I can remember it was really polished, tonnes better than those recent time trial demos. Is there any way to get hold of this now? I'm fed up of always waiting for the game's release.
  • Clovin64 - May 10, 2010 12:13 p.m.

I would agree, that MGS2 demo was incredible. The MGS3 demo rocked aswell, plus it generously heaped you with piles of weapons and equipment that you dont get at that point in the full game. One of my faveourite demos was the original Devil May Cry demo that came with Resident Evil Code Veronica (here in the UK at least). It single handedly transformed me into a massive die hard DMC fan and I played it far more than the full Resi game.
  • Crashman - May 10, 2010 12:08 p.m.

I realize I may be older than a lot of the readers, but I was a little disappointed to not see some older PC demos listed such as Diablo 1, Doom, or Quake. I remember getting several days of enjoyment out of those demos.
  • IChooseUAntistaMON - May 10, 2010 11:50 a.m.

I have'nt played any of these. My favorite "Demo" is the Halo Reach Beta
  • OnyxOblivion - May 10, 2010 11:32 a.m.

Best demo ever? I dug the "Prey" demo. It went on FOREVER.It went from the VERY start of the game...all the way until you got immortality.
  • Kipper - May 10, 2010 10:48 a.m.

Call of Duty 2 had 2 great demo levels, which really sold me on the 'Band of Brothers' feel of the game. How about an article on top-rated games which never recieved a demo? Such as Modern Warfare or Gears of War. A lack of a Gears 2 demo meant I waited over a year before picking it up cheap.
  • Kipper - May 10, 2010 10:40 a.m.

Since you had to pay for GT5 Prologue, surely it does not count as a free demo?
  • allthegoodnameswheretaken - May 10, 2010 10:26 a.m.

No dude the best was GT5 prologue
  • SausageLozenge - May 10, 2010 10:18 a.m.

Bioshock demo?
  • vogler1604 - May 10, 2010 10:18 a.m.

My favourite demo was Just Cause 2
  • airules - May 10, 2010 10:16 a.m.

Gonna have to disagree with this one. Sure the MGS2 demo was enticing but it was a poor representation of the final product. A Raiden based section, whilst a more suitable section, would have not raised as much interest. Also where's the Just Cause 2 demo? This single handedly sold the game to me, something which very few demos actually manage. The openness, the freedom, the "sure go for it" attitude.
  • FrozenImplosion - May 10, 2010 10:15 a.m.

Lost Planet: agreed, but what about Darksiders? That demo was the entire Twilight Cathedral level, which gave you up to like 2 hours of gameplay, and all gameplay that showed you the elements of the game.
  • geekboy78 - May 10, 2010 9:32 a.m.

easily the best demo is skate. the original. it's 30 mins in a skate park. do the tutorial at the beginning, and have 25mins with a half pipe, rails, a pool, everything you could want, with all the moves. 30mins is enough before i get bored. i still play it now and would highly recommed it to everyone. (PS - the code to post this was Tory end. you getting all political on us? )
  • liam - May 10, 2010 9:31 a.m.

Haha, animation cycles are SOLID.