• Airhead - April 27, 2009 2:12 a.m.

Can any one give me a Bethesda?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Captcha: for turned
  • Evernight - March 6, 2009 6:02 p.m.

I read your article about top Shame games - but I really think Blizzard need to be on this list. The Warcraft, Starcraft, and Diablo series are amazing and their previous work (excluding JL) was pretty solid. Hell, Blizzard even canceled Starcraft:Ghost - not because it didn't work... but because it wasn't to their standards.
  • Spybreak8 - March 6, 2009 3:06 a.m.

Oh did you read the best developers piece in PC Gamer as well? lol
  • Hobojedi - March 5, 2009 11:19 p.m.

I'm glad that ID is in there.
  • Gsindahouse - March 4, 2009 9:59 p.m.

and yeah, Pumbli and TheKitchenSink, naughty dog for those crash game... whom iv'e been planning to make my GR I.D, image later but i'd never played the Jak games
  • SWEDE7769 - March 4, 2009 9:20 a.m.

@ Z-man427, all the "real musicians" out there need to get your heads out of ur a$$e$, I'm a "real musician" & think Rock Band & Guitar Hero are awesome. They're games, not "real life", & I defy ANY "real musician" to pit his/her skills on either game against the top scorers in those games. Ipick a 6 string bass ambidextrous & have a hard time keeping up. Kudos to the hardcore axers!
  • Arb1ter - March 4, 2009 8:37 a.m.

What about infinity ward?
  • Backfire001 - March 4, 2009 1:25 a.m.

Harmonix:They made Eyetoy:AntiGrav. That game SUUUUUUUUUUCKED.
  • gmilf71 - March 4, 2009 1 a.m.

insomniac deffinitly qualify, not so much naugty dog. Jak and Daxter I sucked major ass. along with guitar hero and rock band. those games are for losers who want to play real insturments, but lack ability.(by the way, rock band drums are NOTHING like real drums.)
  • Cyberninja - March 3, 2009 10:13 p.m.

First great article on people who have made a bad game. the first great article was the first one. sorry @Unorignal sorry
  • tysr36 - March 3, 2009 8:34 p.m.

Intelligent systems is one of my favorite developers.
  • kicking222 - March 3, 2009 8:09 p.m.

Excellent article, and I'm always happy to see the spotlight shine on developers who consistently do good work... but the Freezepop shout-out put the article on another level.
  • whinston - March 3, 2009 6:48 p.m.

Great piece guys. Thanks for all the legwork!
  • StonedMagician99 - March 3, 2009 1:11 p.m.

Also, in addition to my Bungie comment, what about Epic?
  • StonedMagician99 - March 3, 2009 1:09 p.m.

I agree with all of these choices, even though I had honestly forgotten about some of the games mentioned. However, what about Bungie? I'm not just talking about Halo. They have made other games, none of which are bad games. Some are merely okay, but are by no means bad.
  • JimBro - March 3, 2009 9:09 a.m.

Have you guys ever feard of Rockstar Games?
  • Clownsarescary - March 3, 2009 8:29 a.m.

@hardcore_gamer1990 - Why do you make out that Gamesradar somehow has some bias against Sega? They are a freaking GAMES WEBSITE, why would they have a bias? If a developer makes bad games they should get ridiculed and rightly so. If a developer makes good games they get praised, and this is what this article is for. Trust me, no one in the games media has a bias against certain developers because it just doesn't make sense.
  • OldRustyDusty - March 3, 2009 5:47 a.m.

@flare 149 Really, Valve makes bad games now? Mind telling me a better single player FPS than Half Life 2? Oh wait, there isn't one, and even in the last several years no SP FPS has come even close in terms of bringing together story, actions, puzzles, character development and overall narrative in such a compelling package. Furthermore, there is no other game out on the market even remotely similar to Portal, which is done quite well by the way as I'm sure you never actually played it. Team Fortress 2 is an exemplary team and class based multiplayer FPS, and Left4Dead is a good example of what a 4-player LAN experience should be. Name a company that consistently makes better first-person games than these, because frankly, they don't exist.
  • RedOutlive10 - March 3, 2009 4:45 a.m.

id (and Valve to some extent) also pretty much dictated how do you make a good FPS game. I have to say the best thing I've heard from developers was Half-Life episodes' developers comments, they explained many aspects of how to make a great game, setting a scary moment, how to make a well designed puzzle. Anyone could learn a thing or two from the developer commentary part.
  • RealTerry - March 3, 2009 3:40 a.m.

@harcore_gamer: All of the Guitar Heroes from Encore on have been developed by Neversoft including the DS iterations. Also, great work GR Intelligent Systems is my all-time favorite developer, followed by NIS.