• Morning Ninja - March 17, 2009 5:36 p.m.

Where's Mercs 2 for the PS2? recaptcha: entered her
  • crossed23 - March 22, 2009 10:40 p.m.

Oh my God at the vid of Big Trucks over the road racing. Shame games can actually be released when they are not even started needless finished lol. Awesome
  • gmilf71 - March 20, 2009 10:27 p.m.

oh, give em a break. that was like a long time ago. good graphics weren't even invented yet. mirrors edge wasn't that bad.
  • GR_JustinTowell - March 20, 2009 1:12 p.m.

Cheers for the comments, everyone. Just to clear up that Mirror's Edge point, the 'motion bleurgh' thing was a pun. The blur effect is great. Big Rigs, however... And I must say I'm pleased someone spotted the Wayne's World reference! I love those films so much :)
  • FriendlyFire - March 20, 2009 12:53 a.m.

I loved the effect from Mirror's Edge. I actually felt it gave a lifelike look to the game and made you FEEL how it would be to be... dangling up from a two-hundred feet building, running at ludicrous speeds while a heli is trying to transform you into a large piece of swiss cheese.
  • MoonPig - March 19, 2009 9:47 p.m.

WTF? IMO Mirrors Edge was the least ugly game of the year
  • yonderTheGreat - March 19, 2009 5:03 p.m.

The fact that you don't have Space Giraffe (or even Perfect Dark Zero) on here nullifies your entire article, sorry... Other than that, great list! This coming from a diehard ToeJam&Earl fan!
  • trejos4000 - March 19, 2009 2:36 a.m.

ya i have herd of that
  • Druid51 - March 19, 2009 1:52 a.m.

Oh god... it's big rigs.
  • Tasty_Pasta - March 18, 2009 9:34 p.m.

My god, that Sega Rally Championship was HORRIBLE! The cars didn't even look that bad, but the low res environments look awful.
  • Bossco - March 18, 2009 5:25 p.m.

I quite like the night club level on Streets of Rage 3 even with the comedy 90s rave music.
  • Drama - March 18, 2009 3:20 p.m.

The ugliness of Mirrors Edge relates to its ability to induce vomiting by being fast and such, kiddies. They aren't calling the game itself ugly. Just what it causes, motion sickness.
  • Yellowhat17 - March 18, 2009 2:45 p.m.

Big Rigs looks f*cking awful. That looks like the most lifeless and ugly environment I've ever seen. And what the hell? No clipping? Yeah, nice article. Can't wait to hear this discussed on TDar.
  • pimlicosound - March 18, 2009 1:36 p.m.

Reminds me of Big Rig, a PC text adventure where you had to transport a choice of goods across the USA in time to meet your deadline and avoid having your goods perish, but while avoiding getting caught for speeding. It went something like this: You are in Tuscon. The weather is fair. How fast do you wish to go? "50mph" You are 50 miles past Tuscon. Your oranges have perished. Game over.
  • Howetzer - March 18, 2009 11:39 a.m.

LMAO - Big Rigs is awesome! Not only are those Devs St8 GANGSTA son, cause they just don't give a F***! but they truely for the first time in a game really nail the true representation of our physical world as we know it. See the world is like a big magnet right? And then you slap a big rig on there, what do you think is gunna happen!? Duh the rig is going to STICK to that sucker like no ones buisness of course! LMAO, Nice. Captcha: $32 Shops (i.e. where the Devs of big rigs learnt to make dem games lol)
  • lava_lamp - March 18, 2009 1:19 a.m.

lmao at big rigs i love whating videos of that on youtube
  • twishart - March 18, 2009 1:02 a.m.

I heard somewhere that they added that white dot on screen in Mirror's Edge to help counteract the motion sickness. I've only played the demo, but I didn't really feel nauseous while playing or anything... It's like that epilepsy episode of Pokemon - it does nothing for me, and I'm a little disappointed because of it.
  • heartskuppy - March 17, 2009 11:56 p.m.

mirror's edge is a beautiful game, seems completely out of place in this article. did get a chuckle out of some of the others though.
  • IceManYEA - March 17, 2009 11:11 p.m.

^ Yea, i dont see how mirrors edge is the slightest bit of ugly. It has a great sense of cleansliness, BOO u SUck