• Schmegeggi - July 24, 2009 1:51 a.m.

I have played through COD4 and hate hate hate it. Otherwise, good article. No TF2? For shame...
  • pimpdaddie - July 24, 2009 1:44 a.m.

were the hell is HALO what the hell gamesradar, halo made first person shooting in consoles possible!!!!!!!!
  • Greed - July 24, 2009 1:21 a.m.

As much as I love the article I must be an ass and point out the screenshot for Half-Life 2 isn't actually in the game. It's from the leaked beta as I recall it.
  • Ninja-KiLLR - July 24, 2009 1:11 a.m.

COD 4 is one of the greatest games ever.
  • ludovix - July 24, 2009 1:06 a.m.

No Gran Tourismo... Suprising...
  • killerwhalen - July 24, 2009 12:21 a.m.

This is a great idea for an article. I can't wait for the day when people finally admit that video-games are art...I just hope I'm alive to see it.
  • Jellyjiggler29 - July 23, 2009 11:53 p.m.

Was afraid COD4 wouldn't be there but thank you for putting it on it totally deserves it. Except I think it does because it was the first real game to put you in realistic, modern, first person combat. Tom Clancy games may have done it a bit first but COD did it the best.
  • tonyjk78 - July 23, 2009 11:46 p.m.

(Sorry for the double post) @GamerTagsSuck - The third KOTOR is called just "The Old Republic," and will be an MMORPG. The second KOTOR wasn't made by Bioware, but Obsidian, and is widely considered a broken, incomplete game (rushed for xmas of that year).
  • tonyjk78 - July 23, 2009 11:44 p.m.

Fantastic article, Mikel. If only any one of these were recognized by the mainstream as we do. As a gamer too young to know any generation other than this one and the last, can I ask what game introduced the convention of saves, that, as an RPG player, I use far too freequently? That, strictly from a technical perspective, deserves recognition.
  • GamerTagsSuck - July 23, 2009 11:32 p.m.

And i only found two in search. Even bigger stupid feeling now.
  • 435 - July 23, 2009 11:28 p.m.

Superb article, Mikel. Every game is given an incredibly well-reasoned argument as to their inclusion into the list.
  • ELpork - July 23, 2009 10:43 p.m.

The ENTIRE last page I agree with. You put way to much work into this Mikel. PS: Where is Mass Effect... I know KOTOR came first... but I suppose you kinda need to wait for 2. Just to see if they can pull off a 3 game thing like that.
  • WouldYouKindly - July 23, 2009 10:21 p.m.

did not expect Tetris on this list
  • norid - July 23, 2009 10:15 p.m.

Street Fighter pioneered shouted names lol
  • Mittenz - July 23, 2009 10:12 p.m.

Damn time somebody wrote this. reCAPTCHA:savors Henry
  • norid - July 23, 2009 10:11 p.m.

epic article XD