• Wolfman3000 - June 22, 2011 6:48 p.m.

I slapped the wall boobs about 20 times every time I saw them! Shake it baby!
  • kor2disturbed - June 22, 2011 6:41 p.m.

I honestly thought the 2 battlelord fight was the easiest (not kidding) he is the only boss I beat on my first try (not kidding), second on the elevator one just look forward and you'll see the floor numbers on the wall.
  • GamesRadarMikelReparaz - June 22, 2011 6:37 p.m.

@BALLSTOTHEWALLET: "I guarantee you if Suda 51 made the game you woudn't whine so much." Are you saying I automatically like everything Suda 51 does? Not true! He made Samurai Champloo: Sidetracked, and I gave that thing a 5. I didn't write any whiny follow-up articles about it, true, but only because A) we weren't doing that so much in 2006, and B) relatively few people cared enough about the game to read it.
  • FriendlyFire - June 22, 2011 6:17 p.m.

To those saying certain bad parts (graphics, animations, gameplay) of the game were done on purpose, I'm sorry but do you recall the universal panning of "Eat Lead : The Return of Matt Hazard"? It was a game that tried to parody corridor shooters with identical enemies... by being full of corridors and identical enemies. You simply can't go in and say "but it was done ON PURPOSE!" If the devs of Big Rigs said all the bugs were done on purpose, would you give it a 9/10?
  • Delgado55 - June 22, 2011 5:22 p.m.

FRANKENSTEIN'S NUTSACK!!!!
  • Crypto140 - June 22, 2011 5:01 p.m.

This game made boobs unattractive. *Sobs in corner in fetal position* And if you like the game, ok, but if a website is writing somthing about how it is bad, be open minded. They wont obviosly take every part of the game and say it sucks without backing it up. I liked the Overlord and the Destroy all Humans series(mostly 1 and 2) and game sites wern't favorable on those two games. I still liked them though and hopefully a sequal will fix everything(Transformers 2 is an exception)
  • meh - June 22, 2011 4:34 p.m.

@Pocotron You say that, but here's the thing. Duke Nukem 3D was an amazing game. The newest addition in the franchise, DNF, is worst than DN3D. Something that came out over a DECADE ago was better than the current version. Also, if you're gonna say its a stand alone game, it doesn't hold up. The graphics aren't no where near as good as CoD, Halo, Killzone 3, Bulletstorm, or Medal of Honor. Its not as fun as these shooters.
  • papergoon - June 22, 2011 4:07 p.m.

Hey, this whole comment thread is becoming some full-blown debate. Okay to be frank, the graphics and gameplay mechanics are dated. I mean sure, it can be interpreted to be the desired look and feel of the game but to the unknowing consumer such as myself, I would assume it to be shoddy development. For example, the jumping thing, I couldn't tell it was a joke on old shooters (wasn't from that generation).So quite a number of references can be easily misinterpreted. On the developer's side, I believe they shouldn't have made too many things abstract, such as the mechanics or little nuances like the jumping. Finally, your opinion of a game shouldn't be restricted to an emotionless number. Ultimately, you play games to derive satisfaction. Heck, I play Dynasty Warriors for kicks, despite many claiming it to be a horrid game. I mean it's perfectly fine to justify your claims for the game to be good, in fact some claims are valid. But keep in mind that another's opinion is just as valid as yours. Everyone's entitled to their own
  • Pocotron - June 22, 2011 3:26 p.m.

Really, if you go in expecting DNF: TEH BEST GAEM IN 14 YEARS! then it's your own fault for not having the game meet your expectations. As a standalone, it does fine on it's own two feet. But when you want it to be the fabled best game evar, then you deserve not enjoying games. This isn't targeted at anyone, but I'm just sayin...
  • BALLSTOTHEWALLET - June 22, 2011 3:04 p.m.

Y'know Mikel, I really respected your Review, it was excellent, but c'mon, there's no need to shit on the game so much. I guarantee you if Suda 51 made the game you woudn't whine so much. I had a lot of fun with Duke, I still am!, it's not meant to be taken so seriously, and no it hasn't been in development for 14 years straight, it was re-built over with different engines. What we are playing with Duke 4 is a polished 2007 game. I expected nothing less, but Duke, for me, makes the game good fun.
  • FauxFurry - June 22, 2011 2:55 p.m.

Hey Mikel,this is probably the reference that you wanted to make at #2 that is adequately fresh for Duke Nukem Forever: Jump! Jump! The Duke'll make you...and so forth. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=010KyIQjkTk
  • Mfchimichanga - June 22, 2011 2:41 p.m.

I have the eerie feeling that we are gonna hear about this on the news and some watchdog group bitching about "the children" even though this game is M for mature.........my headache begins
  • ashton - June 22, 2011 2:23 p.m.

The hive level was a worst moment (gasp) I fairly enjoyed the thought of shooting the twins at first chance I got (only with a reasonable purpose though ;)) BlaHaHaHa from the start when I and bro started playing the game I said "someone is going to have to kill them"(the Holsom twins), but never did I think it was going to be the Duke. Snatched the controller out of bro's hand didn’t even think about it once "someone is going to have to kill them!!"
  • Lolspamm0r - June 22, 2011 2 p.m.

i'm a little sad how high reviewers expectations are on this game. As a reviewer they should just see the game as it is, rather than thinking about its development history. I thoroughly enjoyed the game and see the jumping animations as a little joke about old games. But i do agree with the wall boobs... what was that about?
  • myguyfromthe80s - June 22, 2011 1:52 p.m.

@Dabwolf As far as I'm aware the game was NOT in development for 14 years. It may have sat on someones desk for that long, but actually being coded is a different thing altogether. Wiki: Originally in development under 3D Realms, director George Broussard, one of the creators of the original Duke Nukem game, first announced the title's development in April 1997, and various promotional information for the game was released between 1997 and 1998. After repeatedly announcing and deferring release dates, 3D Realms announced in 2001 that it would be released simply "when it's done". In May 2009, 3D Realms was downsized for financial reasons, resulting in the loss of the game's development team. Statements by the company indicated that the project was due to go gold soon with pictures of final development. Take-Two Interactive, which owns the publishing rights to the game, filed a lawsuit in 2009 against 3D Realms over their failure to finish development. 3D Realms retorted that Take-Two's legal interest in the game is limited to their publishing right. The case was settled with prejudice and details undisclosed in May 2010. On September 3, 2010, after 14 years, Duke Nukem Forever was officially reported by 2K Games to be in development at Gearbox Software. Now maybe GR know the answer, but how much of the game was actually completed before Gearbox picked it up? We only have reports it was complete and ready to go gold when 3D Realms went bust.
  • evandang - June 22, 2011 1:41 p.m.

Can anyone tell me how bad is the underwater level is? I just got there and now I'm afraid to deal with it, given all the other bullcrap puzzles in the game
  • DabWolf - June 22, 2011 1:33 p.m.

The game is terrible for me in the fact that THIS is what 14 years of game development shows. I mean, many game designers have completed many of the greatest games of all time on a 4 year development time MAXIMUM. Bioshock? announced in 2004. When was it finished? 2007. I mean...WOW. DNF is glitchy, it's loading screens are inexcusable(PC does not count), And the game content? Sexist jokes, jokes about holding turds, jokes about impregnation and DICKS. Wow. 14 years of development. Investors for the company could have been putting the money into schools or into projects for people starving in africa. Thank you Duke for causing children to be ililerate and STARVE.
  • TheDigitalG - June 22, 2011 1:11 p.m.

'Terribly bad taste' is opinion, BladedFalcon, and we managed perfectly fine without photorealistic graphics for years. DNFs graphics fit their purpose.
  • myguyfromthe80s - June 22, 2011 1:08 p.m.

@BladedFalcon I think between yourself and DigitalG you have got it spot on. TL:DR Some people will like it for being what Duke was Some people will hate if for being what Duke was
  • Giantdeathscythebunnyofdeath - June 22, 2011 1:05 p.m.

The wall boobs made me sick.