• AuthorityFigure - October 7, 2010 8:51 a.m.

This list is like an homogenization of what the author likes in other games - these ideas are always rejected by Miyamoto-san and out-of-date when the game hits the shelves.
  • 510BrotherPanda - October 7, 2010 8:46 a.m.

@Felix They purposely gave Luigi crappy handling to relegate him to "nearly unusable P2" and you know it. Luigi needs to stop becoming the one who gets the boot to the face. They give Wario better games, for goodness sakes.
  • jmcgrotty - October 7, 2010 6:26 a.m.

OK, I will admit up front that this whole post by me could just as easily not be made and life would go on fine. If you think that might be the case, quit reading now. I am so damn sick of articles like this touting anything to do with the Revolution. It's a freaking failure. Nintendo sold a lot of them to the uncaring masses in the past but all through a gimmick that didn't hold up. (And I am not giving Sony or Microsoft a pass either for falling for the same trap) The graphics are unacceptably bad for something of this generation, the games are 100% gimmick and 99% boring, tedious crap. SMG1 was unplayable and impossible to enjoy. I admittedly didn't play SMG2 but that is because everyone said how it was such a great improvement on SMG1, which meant the core gameplay was the same, and as we already decided, the gameplay was crap. The only way that SMG3 should EVER see the light of day is if they decide to start selling blank disks, because they have proven that there is no way to make a game worth actually taking the time to play. As for the Revolution 2, you are freaking joking if you think that it will have anything but a standard controller setup. There is no chance in hell it is motion-sensitive as it's main method of use. OK. I just erased two more paragraphs of hate for this garbage because it was even more mean-spirited (but was 100% accurate). People, please just accept it failed and moved on to real games.
  • hybr1dgamerx - October 7, 2010 6:15 a.m.

the wii 2 better have the option for broadband connectivity fuck this wifi shit >:(
  • bugcatcherjason - October 7, 2010 4:18 a.m.

I just want to see a new Mario game without the "galaxy." Maybe it'll get me back into playing the Wii.
  • brickman409 - October 7, 2010 3:48 a.m.

@Felixthecat He said it should be on wii 2
  • Fuzunga - October 7, 2010 1:13 a.m.

Stopped reading when you started insulting the visuals. SMG2 looks WAY better than average 360 titles and PS3 titles. In fact, it's one of the prettiest games this gen.
  • powerpc127 - October 7, 2010 12:08 a.m.

I do not want DLC personally. Also, I don't want the words "Galaxy 3" attached to it.
  • GammaGames - October 6, 2010 10:47 p.m.

If it's Super Mario Universe, then add characters from other Nintendo games (Wario, Waluigi, Donkey Kong, Kirby, ect) Thats probably already commented, but I don't feel like reading through them all.
  • Pocotron - October 6, 2010 10:26 p.m.

I don't want to see SMG3. At least for 5 years when the successor to the Wii launches. LIKE A REAL MARIO PLATFORMER GAME. What has happened to you, Mario????!!!
  • batmanboy11 - October 6, 2010 10:25 p.m.

Good list. These would all be damn good additions.
  • ppopopp - October 6, 2010 9:06 p.m.

I disagree with DLC for first party nintendo titles. It dilutes the impact that a game holds by itself. Vring on the 1.5s but please don't make me pay time and a half for content that normally would stand on its own.
  • Aletheon - October 6, 2010 9:06 p.m.

I turn on my Wii all the time.
  • ihopethisisnotantistasblood - October 6, 2010 9:05 p.m.

CAN'T STOP THE COIN TRAIN BABY!!! WHOOOO
  • johnthe5th - October 6, 2010 8:48 p.m.

I'm pretty sure the next Galaxy game will be on the 3DS. And it will be called Super Mario Galaxy 3DS. Makes total sense.
  • GR_HenryGilbert - October 6, 2010 8:40 p.m.

@scottneve I'm meant that while I find Galaxy more fun than Ratchet games, I wish that Mario could approach how great the RC PS3 games look.
  • Felixthecat - October 6, 2010 8:38 p.m.

@BrotherPanda - Throwing Luigi into a game does not make it immediately better. And anyway, both Mario Galaxies give you the ability to play as Luigi, so it doesn't matter.
  • 510BrotherPanda - October 6, 2010 8:30 p.m.

...And DLC and Co-Op? Are you trying to turn Nintendo into current Activision, and the Mario franchise into Call of Duty? I think long-time Nintendo fans would feel cheated if whatever was hidden was not already on the disc. By the time "Wii 2" is out, there should be no reason not to squeeze it all onto the disc. Why waste $5 just to dick around Galaxy in a Tanooki Suit, if it's optional and only works after play-through? I always thought Nintendo was 'in it' to satisfy Nintendo customers, not just for the money... Co-Op and DLC might not work for Nintendo unless they come out with that Pokemon MMO Brett and many other people want.
  • CoryRX8 - October 6, 2010 8:10 p.m.

Let's not skip to Universe just yet, that would box the series in. How about Super Mario Galactic Cluster, then Super Mario Galactic Supercluster, and so on...
  • 510BrotherPanda - October 6, 2010 7:58 p.m.

I think the Wii's successor still needs a better Luigi game. How can you say Luigi's Mansion was entirely garbage? Sure, it didn't have the rote Mario jump and power-up mechanics, but it was still decent for a launch game. Besides, it was mainly a showcase for Nintendo finally getting its ct together on better lighting mechanics. SMG 2 was great and all, but like others have said before, it still has the "SMG 1.5" feeling to it. Sure, there are many level innovations and the addition of Yoshi, but it's still very much just a bigger Mario Galaxy. Also, SMG 2 is probably the game I've sworn at the most. I used almost 80 lives just to complete the Stone Tornado Red Coin speed run challenge, and still haven't finished "the Perfect Run" yet... In comparison, I think Metroid Prime Trilogy was a bigger deal for me. Even if it's not as smooth and colorful as SMG, it captured the feeling of the Metroid series in the same way the SMGs did of the Mario series. It upgraded the first two games with the Wii FPS controls and was 3 games for the price of 1 1/2. Even putting it up against Other M, the intricacy of the door design alone outshone Other M's comparatively sterile environments. I'm not really a graphics whore because I don't have a PS3/360/gaming PC, but I don't think graphics should take as much precedence over solid controls and gameplay. So in summation: More good Luigi and Samus, less Mario games with just Mario.