Topics

Nintendo

• Conservative_Gamer - September 7, 2011 2:47 p.m.

Does anyone know if this add-on will have an internal battery that can be used to extend the 3ds' current battery? Also, what will happen with the charging dock? I just hope that this comes bundled with a killer game.
  • SomeOddGuy - September 7, 2011 4:13 p.m.

From my current understanding, that bundled game is going to be Monster Hunter 3G, which will instantly make it a big hit in Japan.
  • WTeen8 - September 7, 2011 2:45 p.m.

let's hope like the N64DD this monstrosity stays in Japan.
  • EnigmaSpirit - September 7, 2011 2:35 p.m.

First the WiiU controller. It was an interesting idea, but looks very difficult to play with. Why not just have pretty much a X360 controller with a screen that flips up? And now this monstrosity. Nintendo is REALLY stumbling with hardware right now. I am an early adopter, and a huge nintendo fan (at least for their REAL software), so I am really disappointed here.
  • gamingfreak - September 7, 2011 2:34 p.m.

Nintendo, why are you so intent on killing this amazing (but wasted) system?
  • wrapdump - September 7, 2011 2:26 p.m.

Splitting your own market is the most idiotic thing you can do. They seem to want to.
  • D0CCON - September 7, 2011 1:50 p.m.

Another con for me is that this makes my 3rd party battery that has twice the life useless because it sticks out more than the normal battery and won't fit in the cradle. Unless this thing also doubles batter life to make up for it...nah, that won't happen. Really though, the 3DS doesn't need it and I pray that future games I want don't force you to use it. That doesn't look comfortable to use at all.
  • adrianserrano156 - September 7, 2011 1:37 p.m.

I am REALLY hoping this is just for Monster Hunter Tri 3DS version. I really can't believe that this is for all games going forward. They always do these special edition things for Monster Hunter in Japan for all the MH fans over there. My feeling is Nintendo isn't stupid enough to split the market so soon in the lifespan of the 3DS. I hope lol!
  • raidramon0 - September 7, 2011 1:36 p.m.

The idea of extra buttons and an analog stick is sound, but I was hoping for something more ergonomically designed.
  • Mezolitik - September 7, 2011 12:59 p.m.

I can see the extra analog stick being a huge advantage for players of 'Big Momma's Barbie Dog-stroking Action Wonder Dress-up Adventure 6'. I hate the DS - there, I said it. I have fond memories of my sister saying 'Sit, sit, sit, sit, sit, sit, sit, sit, sit, sit, sit, sit, si- good boy!' for the entirety of Christmas Day 2010. I can't remember what game it was; probably a chair simulator.
  • yoyoguy - September 7, 2011 2:35 p.m.

it was probably nintendogs, when you get your first dog, the game makes you teach it how to sit before you can do anything else.
  • LeSieg - September 7, 2011 4:53 p.m.

My sister wanted me to name her dog "Bucky". Bucky. Bucky. Bucky... Buckkkyyy... BUCKY. BUCKY! bucky. BUCKY! YOUR NAME IS BUCKY! *You have named your dog "Ducky!"* goddammit.
  • D0CCON - September 7, 2011 8:37 p.m.

That was Nintendogs. My sister has it too and it can drive me mad. However, considering all the games I play on it, I can't emphasize how much I loved my DS. It probably has more playtime than my 360, PC, or PS3.
  • shawksta - September 7, 2011 12:35 p.m.

I dont believe its THAT hard to make seperate controls, we dont even know if theres a new version just an addon, there are wii games that have different control schemes, so that shouldnt be a problem. Honestly I dont think anything matters except potential, the 3DS is getting some great games already, we gotta see what this add on can bring.
  • Errrrbo - September 7, 2011 12:24 p.m.

My interest in the 3DS has dropped to absolute zero. It's just a failure of a system.
  • shawksta - September 7, 2011 12:38 p.m.

Again, dropping the ball too easily. Isnt it the games that matter anyway? This again can expand what the 3DS can already do.
  • shawksta - September 7, 2011 12:39 p.m.

I mean to say "This Add on" not,This again
  • sharkweek - September 7, 2011 11:54 a.m.

Who cares? People shouldn't get so worked up about stuff like this.
  • Moonlight_Shadow - September 7, 2011 11:47 a.m.

This reminds me of the Sega Genesis when they added multiple attachments to it, in order to compete. However that was towards the end of that console's lifespan, the 3DS is still an infant. What they really need is a complete redesign. I'm probably not going to buy one until they do.
  • gamingfreak - September 7, 2011 11:45 a.m.

Nintendo, why are you trying to kill this amazing (but wasted)system?