Topics

Steam Valve

• FriendlyFire - July 13, 2010 3:52 p.m.

Welcome back brother, it's good to be home isn't it? Now go get broke so you can buy a new rig and experience the latest in pure gaming goodness :D Too bad you've missed out on the rest of the sale, so many good things there. I assume you didn't manage to pick up Trine or the Introversion pack? So many good things for cheap. Too many. Too... Many...
  • Doogan - July 13, 2010 3:41 p.m.

Welcome back Dave, The PC community will be richer for having you and your machine back once again. Oh and remember TF2 is now fully up to date so jump in and check it out.
  • icbacomingupwithapropername - July 13, 2010 3:35 p.m.

Lol I would love to use a pc for gamin but I have 0 money to buy an up to date rig so I have to stick to consoles
  • infernox - July 13, 2010 3:25 p.m.

all you need is a <£100 graphics card and the games will look better then the console counterparts. you should post the specs of your pc so we know how bad the parts are.
  • Godz_Mercenary - July 13, 2010 3:12 p.m.

You know I actually get a boner every time I fire up a new game and play with the video settings screen and messing with .ini tweaks just makes me climax.
  • Bloodstorm - July 13, 2010 3:10 p.m.

That sell was great. Grabbed Mass Effect for 5 bucks, Bioshock 2 for 14, and Borderlands and all its DLC for a sweet 22 bucks. I only wished I had had more money for the sell, I'd of been rolling in PC games.
  • darkmagshin - July 13, 2010 2:55 p.m.

try messing with the driver settings for your graphics card. toggling the vsync seems to help with some of the gfx problems on the games that i've tried. CAPTCHA: longest handgun
  • GR_DavidHoughton - July 13, 2010 2:44 p.m.

Yep, I updated them, and GPU temp seems to be running at normal temperature. Next step is to open the case for a thorough dusting I think...
  • db1331 - July 13, 2010 2:42 p.m.

As for your graphical glitches, you did update your video drivers, right? I mean, if you haven't played anything on it since '07, they could be pretty damn old.
  • db1331 - July 13, 2010 2:35 p.m.

Welcome home Dave, welcome home. I can't even tell you how much money I save on games with Steam. I got Mass Effect for $5. I bought Dead Space for $10. I haven't played it yet, but it will be there when I need it.
  • leosalego - July 13, 2010 2:31 p.m.

Living in Brazil, where you pay 100%+ taxes for a retail game, I'm pretty confortable with PC gaming (and Steam - oh my god, where would I be without it). And all this tweaks that PC gaming includes - messing with resolution and all that - I don't know, I've been using a PC since I got rid of my SNES, and so it is kinda like second nature.
  • Metroidhunter32 - July 13, 2010 2:26 p.m.

I can't afford PC gaming. I buy some games for the PC, but I can't buy the graphics cards and processers to keep on top of the heap. No problem with consoles.
  • gamingfreak - July 13, 2010 2:22 p.m.

I wish I could be a PC gamer but I don't have the know-how or the money. Plus my PC is complete crap.