Topics

Capcom

• electrofreeze - January 12, 2011 3:09 a.m.

ah dang. I think I might have finally found my reason to buy a 3DS.
  • Clovin64 - January 10, 2011 10:42 p.m.

So far, this game is the only 3DS game I'm interested in. I loved the Lost in Nightmares DLC for Resi 5 that proved that Resi could still do slow paced atmospheric horror. This is what I'm hoping for from Revelations. Another old-skool Resi game. And for the record, I would love proper remakes of Resi 2 and 3.
  • BlackElement17 - January 10, 2011 10:31 p.m.

So we can finally move and aim.
  • BrianDowns - January 10, 2011 10:09 p.m.

I was on the edge of my seat when that toilet meatsack got stuck on an invisible wall at the end.
  • JLThatshilarious - January 10, 2011 9:30 p.m.

For some reason, when I see Revelations videos, they always aim for the legs. Why? Do they suck at aiming, or is that an enemy weak spot? Anyone else notice this?
  • HumorTumor - January 10, 2011 9:09 p.m.

@Taterboob it's good to see someone else who would love an RE2 remake. But yeah, with the change in gameplay I think Capcom will probably never look back; considering it sells so well. I heard people from capcom state that RE4 was really more of a side story. But seeing how close 5 stuck to it, I think they back peddled on that statement. RE5 was a great game, and so was 4. But they were not good RE games. I still think 2 is the apex of the series.
  • fetalspray - January 10, 2011 7:55 p.m.

That woman was pissing me off when she kept talking over the demo with her shrill irritating voice, wish she'd just stfu and watch, and since when was Krauser one of our favourite RE characters the guys a bag of mashed twats.
  • KaiokenKid - January 10, 2011 7:21 p.m.

Damn, game looks good.
  • BroGamer - January 10, 2011 6:59 p.m.

Wow, the graphics are amaz-HOLY CRAP ITS A REGENERATOR!
  • taterboob - January 10, 2011 6:43 p.m.

@HumorTumor You are not alone, my friend. After seeing what they could pull off in the GC REmake, I have been eagerly waiting for an updated Resident Evil 2. Hope has been gradually drifting farther and farther away, however, since RE4's "improved" style came onto the scene. On that note, why does everybody rag on RE5 for having an action "identity crisis", while RE4 gets a free pass? Everyone was so busy tripping over each other to declare it one of the greatest games ever made, that they failed to realize that it wasn't a Resident Evil game. With 4, Capcom cast literally everything out the window that made RE distinctly what it was. The only thing that connects it to the original series is shoehorned appearances by Leon and Ada, and even they were in no way similar to the way they were in 2 (appearance aside). RE4 was a fine game on its own, but it shouldn't have been a proper, numbered entry in the series. Kind of the same way that Alien 3 is an ok movie, but is a terrible sequel to what came before it. That said, I'm really looking forward to the seemingly more horror-focued Revelations, and couldn't give two hoots about Mercenaries.
  • yagirlfriendsfavoriterapper - January 10, 2011 6:33 p.m.

YESS!
  • Gahmah - January 10, 2011 6:14 p.m.

Only thing I'm worried about is if the game will be a bit too much of a tech demo, other than that, anyone else bothered by the texture quality compared to the geometry? Or is that just cause of youtube?
  • Felixthecat - January 10, 2011 4:47 p.m.

It's been confirmed that you can walk and shoot in Mercenaries and that you can strafe and shoot on Revelations, for those who didn't know. Revelations looks like it's going to be a high point in the series, just as long as it lasts longer than 3 hours. I don't really care that much about Mercenaries.
  • infernox - January 10, 2011 4:38 p.m.

i think you can run while shooting in mercenaries but not in revelations. makes sense, in mercenaries there's a timer counting down, revelations is meant to be scary and not being able to move while shooting increases tension.
  • Bitchslapthehomeless - January 10, 2011 4:03 p.m.

Hai.
  • paganpoet - January 10, 2011 3:53 p.m.

Some of us liked the oversized biceps. Chris Redfield is like Lara Croft to straight women/gay men FACT. #imjustsayin
  • HumorTumor - January 10, 2011 3:49 p.m.

I was sold when the game was announced. That video, has shown me I am going to finally get the Resident Evil I love back. Although, I do wish the old style was reintroduced somehow, perhaps in a remake of 2. But I'm probably by myself with that dream.
  • Zummertime - January 10, 2011 3:03 p.m.

@Shane: If you look at the video you can see that he moves in to FPS view with Jill a few times and that he moves while he does this so yeah I think you can run and gun
  • ShaneCedt - January 10, 2011 3 p.m.

Can I move and shoot at the same time? Man, looking back on Resident Evil 5...what a crock.
  • jstreck - January 10, 2011 2:59 p.m.

I'm excited about this. To see some "hardcore" games already in production for a new platform is very promising.