Topics

FML

• ObliqueZombie - September 10, 2013 5:09 p.m.

Did you... Were you with me as a child playing Gauntlet Legends day in and out?
  • talleyXIV - September 10, 2013 5:23 p.m.

Gauntlet Dark Legacy***
  • ObliqueZombie - September 10, 2013 7:04 p.m.

And here I said I was obsessed with it, and I got the title wrong.
  • talleyXIV - September 11, 2013 6:13 p.m.

I am pretty sure there is a game called Gauntlet Legends but far and away Dark Legacy was more popular and that's the one you probably remember.
  • ObliqueZombie - September 11, 2013 6:46 p.m.

There is, if it's the late PS2 game I'm thinking of. I remember it blew on comparison.
  • rigbybot127 - September 10, 2013 5:07 p.m.

Many a classic game I can't remember the name of, like this FPS on PS2 where you play as a vampire. Yeah...
  • centrip - September 11, 2013 2:09 a.m.

Darkwatch? Melee with the shotgun was brutal.
  • BladedFalcon - September 10, 2013 4:28 p.m.

...Was Deus Ex: Human Revolution picked as the example of that slide on purpose or is it just a coincidence? Because that's the ONE retail game that I own and to this day (almost 2 years old) haven't gotten around to play it >>; If it WASN'T a coincidence, maybe it means it's not just me? XD Also, how is slide 22 a problem? The N64 needs to have more than 5 games worth playing in order for this to become an issue to begin with... *Runs before the nintendrones can catch him!*
  • GR_LucasSullivan - September 10, 2013 4:38 p.m.

On purpose--it seems more than one of us has neglected Adam Jensen lol also: sick burn, what about Buck Bumble?
  • BladedFalcon - September 10, 2013 6:13 p.m.

lol, poor Jensen... Bet he never asked for this. *hur hur* And oh yeah! who could ever forget him? *Doesn't remember at all who he is*
  • talleyXIV - September 10, 2013 5:26 p.m.

I believe you are mistaking the N64 with the Wii U.
  • BladedFalcon - September 10, 2013 7:01 p.m.

Nope! The N64 is saved from complete irrelevance thanks mainly to a handful of amazing titles for their time. Mario 64, Ocarina of time, Goldeneye, Super Smash Bros and Mario Kart, paper mario are by far the most important and relevant titles of the console. Anything else is either a couple of decent titles that are following the trend by the titles above, (Banjo, Perfect Dark, Majora's Mask) or games that you deluded yourself into thinking they were good precisely because the thing had so godamn few games ( bad fur day, jet force gemini, Quest 64 and so on)
  • Shnubby - September 11, 2013 3:58 a.m.

Don't forget Goldeneye! And pokemon stadium!
  • BladedFalcon - September 11, 2013 5:45 a.m.

I suggest you read my post again... Also, Pokemon Stadium isn't a great game. At best it was an add-on that it allowed you to see Pokemon battles play out in 3D but it wasn't a great game on it's own, nor did it add anything that important to the Pokemon franchise.
  • Shnubby - September 12, 2013 11:59 a.m.

My apologies, good sir, I appear to have derped. Well Pokemon stadium still kicked ass back in the day!
  • BladedFalcon - September 12, 2013 12:39 p.m.

No worries, i do my fair share of derping all the time! XD And well, sure, won't deny that. Pokemon Stadium was the right idea done at the right time. But I think it's one of those games that in hindsight, they just aren't objectively good games on their own anymore. Just like Conker, it's stuff that took advantage of what the people wanted at the time, but they are actually objectively crappy or sub-par experiences. Pokemon Stadium did what it was supposed to do, to be fair, but the problem is that it isn't a true game so much as it is an add-on.
  • Shnubby - September 13, 2013 7:19 a.m.

Yeah I played Pokemon stadium again recently and it does not live up like it did when I was a child. Conker I'll admit is still a good laugh but the controls are unbearable by today's standards!
  • winner2 - September 11, 2013 6:40 a.m.

Man, you really need to play HR lol, great game
  • BladedFalcon - September 11, 2013 7:44 a.m.

You're not the first, and I supect that you also won't be the last person to tell me this XD I'll get to it... someday, maybe.
  • jduanej - September 10, 2013 4:21 p.m.

OMG I HATED playing against people with the turbo controllers!
  • pl4y4h - September 10, 2013 3:27 p.m.

33 is how i felt about NFS:HP 2010 cause at the time i maxed out all the achievements, then they started rolling out the new cars...
  • Verenitz - September 10, 2013 3:22 p.m.

How highly accurate this article is and mad props for Gauntlet Legends! Green Archer is highly amused.
  • GR_LucasSullivan - September 10, 2013 4:41 p.m.

We may need to have a GR party plow through the game at some point
  • shawksta - September 10, 2013 3:22 p.m.

Awesome article, Lucas and Zach tag team prowess! Remember Instructing Manuals? The ones that were actually books? Of course not, nowadays were reduced to 1 sheet that's been folded. There is this one game I played a cousins house way back then. It was a PS2 RPG but I cant remember anything, all I ever did was play the intro bits and all remember from back then is that you start as a Girl waking up in some sort of futuristic station and the tutorial on how battles work were on an all white area. And its not like I can ask my cousin cause he doesn't have his PS2 or game anymore and didn't even play it.