Topics

FML

• Shnubby - September 11, 2013 4 a.m.

Aaah I remember buying Gauntlet: Dark Legacy simply because it was cheap (along with Primal) and damn that was a good purchase. Me and my bud loved the co-op!
  • Shnubby - September 11, 2013 3:55 a.m.

Why would you have to rummage behind the TV to switch the HDMI from PS3 to XBOX 360? If you only have 1 HDMI cable in the TV then just switch the end connected to the console...
  • trevon-burtch - June 17, 2014 10:53 a.m.

Thank you!
  • Shnubby - June 18, 2014 4:23 p.m.

It took 9 months but finally someone agreed with me on this! :P
  • gladdudeos - September 11, 2013 12:25 a.m.

My sister watched me play red dead redemption and saw the scene when a guy humps boobs...
  • Guardian88 - September 10, 2013 7:24 p.m.

Ive actually bought a game from Frys. It was Borderlands, and when I removed the shrink wrap and open the box, it was empty. Keep in mind that it was a NEW game. And before that, it was a used game with the wrong game in it. And that one I can excuse cuz it was used.
  • Kailon791 - September 10, 2013 9:03 p.m.

I had the same thing happen! I bought a brand new copy of Gears of War 2 from Target, took off the shrink wrap, and there was no game inside! Went back in and showed it to customer service who wouldn't give me a refund or a replacement because they assumed I had just stolen the disk out of it. Was out 60 dollars and very pissed off.
  • neosapien - September 14, 2013 8:02 a.m.

That sucks, Thats also the reason I usually open my games in front of the guy XD
  • Guardian88 - September 14, 2013 5:27 p.m.

O_o that sucks. Now I feel bad that I got a refund :(
  • Twinkling82 - April 29, 2014 8:39 a.m.

I don't know the laws in your country and I don't know how far you went in this. But here, in my country, unless the store an proove otherwise, they need to trust the costumer to telling the truth, unless they know that person is tricking the store from earlier experiences. I would have asked for the manager, then in a calm manner talked to him about the issue, and if no refund or new games were offered, I would have at least demanded some of my money or items worth an amount of money.
  • agentkuo - September 10, 2013 6:11 p.m.

The title of this article should be "Things people who don't take care of their games have to deal with."
  • LordZarlon - September 10, 2013 5:46 p.m.

You forgot about the one where my favorite gaming web site lays off most of their editorial staff. The people that I turn to for gaming knowledge and advice and who are the reason I turn to that website. I'm not criticizing your current staff, far from it because I am a big fan, just letting you know that you are a valued part of the industry that I love.
  • J-Fid - September 10, 2013 5:36 p.m.

"And what happened to the good old days of just throwing in a cartridge and being good to go?" So, I timed the amount of time it takes to load up Pokemon Blue, and compared it to the startup time for White 2. I timed it from the instant I turned on the console, to the instant I could start moving my character. The results were as follows: Blue Version (on a GBA SP): 16.0 seconds White 2 Version (on a DSi): 31.2 seconds White 2 Version (on a 3DS): 39.3 seconds I realize that it's not that much time, but it technically takes twice as long to load modern games compared to previous entries from 15 years ago. I have some other old games that take about 10 seconds to load. So how is it that in an era when people want everything instantly, it's only taking longer to give them what they want? (This might be a good question for "Ask GR").
  • Origibro - September 11, 2013 5:46 a.m.

Because we push ourselves and consoles beyond the boundaries and break new records in great game design, though it involves waiting more for the game to loads, to load GTA 3 on a PS3 would probably take 10 seconds.
  • ObliqueZombie - September 10, 2013 5:11 p.m.

GREAT list, too! These were perfect!
  • ObliqueZombie - September 10, 2013 5:09 p.m.

Did you... Were you with me as a child playing Gauntlet Legends day in and out?
  • talleyXIV - September 10, 2013 5:23 p.m.

Gauntlet Dark Legacy***
  • ObliqueZombie - September 10, 2013 7:04 p.m.

And here I said I was obsessed with it, and I got the title wrong.
  • talleyXIV - September 11, 2013 6:13 p.m.

I am pretty sure there is a game called Gauntlet Legends but far and away Dark Legacy was more popular and that's the one you probably remember.