• julian-watkins - October 27, 2012 9:53 p.m.

Christopher Stone from Freedom Fighters. Not only is he the star of one of, if not perhaps the greatest 3rd person action PS2 era game of all time, but he avenges those he loves with a huge wrench. Heck, he's America's last line of defense in the sanitation department.
  • BladedFalcon - October 27, 2012 10:20 a.m.

My favorite game hero is by far and large Solid Snake. And yes, I know he's already on the list, (And in a none too shabby second place.) but even after listening to the podcast, I think you guys haven't quite completely elaborated why he's the best hero of them all. It's not just that he's a baddass and despite only having all the limitations of a (mostly) normal human, has been able to defeat super soldiers, cyborg Ninjas, robots and save the world countless times. And it's not just that he has an actual personality and emotions.(Unlike a certain elf...) More than that... I think that more than any other Game character that I know of, he's endured being screwed over in almost every level and in the worst ways imaginable. Think about it: -Finds out he's not even a proper, natural human being, but a clone created in a lab, with the purpose of becoming a tool for war. -Because he's a clone, he ages faster and thus no matter what he does, he'll never have a full life and gets to see everyone else he knows stay the same while he wastes away. -His original Mentor not only betrays him, but turns out to be his Genetic father, and he gets to see him die, twice. -He never got to know who his mother for most of his life, and when he does, she shortly dies in his arms. -His veteran friend also betrays him and apparently dies in front of him, and when he finds out he's still alive, he has turned into a mentally unstable cyborg that ultimately sacrifices himself and dies crushed in front of him. -His two "brothers" turn out to be mad, evil sociopaths that try to destroy or control the world in one way or another. -The one woman he ever got to love and care about eventually abandons him and ends up marrying the biggest loser in the entire universe. -The only remaining friend and person that actually never ends up screwing him over is a nerd with deep family issues and perpetually depressed due to the fact that just about every woman he falls in love with ends up dying. So yeah... if any other game hero, or any person in real life had to deal with even half of the above issues, they would have committed suicide already. The fact that Snake not only didn't succumb to this, but was able to power trough it all and not become insane, perpetually depressed or evil (Like his father ultimately did...)is what makes it the best, and ultimate hero to me. There is simply no one else that gone trough as much shit as he has and yet, ends up standing on top regardless.
  • 8bitBaby - October 27, 2012 8:05 a.m.

listening to you guys talk about Isaac Clarke, is like how people used to talk about Gordon Freeman. hunh... interesting.
  • codystovall - October 27, 2012 2:20 a.m.

Also I support the idea of fan art prize contests as long as you give the idea or what we have to draw. Heres my Kratos ripping pit http://imageshack.us/a/img641/8444/scan0001gx.jpg (paper wore through so I had to cut off his head and redraw it)
  • BladedFalcon - October 27, 2012 11:06 a.m.

Haha, wow, that was fast! and pretty well done too!
  • TCMU287 - October 26, 2012 10:19 p.m.

"she parkours and doesn't afraid of anything." Oh my God, did Cooper just make an Arby N' the Chief reference??
  • Tranquilbez34 - October 26, 2012 7:50 p.m.

Your Character from Saints Row: The Third. It's pretty rare for a hero to be wearing a g-string, Dog costume head, purple skin and spoke like a zombie. you could basically make anything which is why it's one of my favourite games of last year :)
  • BladedFalcon - October 26, 2012 7:12 p.m.

A two hour and a half special? frigging awesome!!! I'm already an hour in, and I am loving it! I didn't think you guys would go trough each of the 100 heroes, but you are, and it's incredibly fun to listen to. Makes an awesome companion piece to the article, and also explained why some of the not so heroic characters made it in. Also, making fun of Tom's grouchiness never gets old XD
  • codystovall - October 26, 2012 7:08 p.m.

My favorite videogame hero is pokemon trainer red. The silent boy protagonist of pokemon red/blue who starts his pokemon journey in kanto only to uncover a plot by an evil gang bent on stealing the ultimate tool in catching pokemon. Only ten hes got the skill and bravery to fight his way to the top and expose team rockets true leader and foiling them. As well as as competing against his rival(the dick who picked his pokemon based on your weakness) and trouncing him just as he becomes pokemon league champ, stealing his title only to just go off and train in johto atop mt silver alone and later show up in pokemon black/white 2 as a special opponent. Red truly is a legend or hero in the pokemon world.
  • codystovall - October 27, 2012 11:06 a.m.

Also Batman, I dont know why he wasnt on the list.
  • rainn'sgaydar - October 26, 2012 3:07 p.m.

Cliché answers never win, but since I won a couple of weeks ago, I get to answer Link anyway. He was rightfully #1 on your list (I think) because he's the classic hero. He's exemplifies the word hero. He swings a sword. And he essentially does is while wearing a dress, tights, and boots. And no one dares say a word.