Topics

RadioRadar

• Bladex206 - August 22, 2012 3:58 p.m.

SUGGESTION FOR THE 24 HOUR STREAM get belligerent drunk while playing hentai games. DO IT!!
  • GR_TomMagrino - August 28, 2012 3:22 p.m.

Well, we did deliver on the hentai game.
  • GAYMER - August 22, 2012 3:46 p.m.

Congratulations on the 200th podcast ;) As for my favorite sequel, I would have to go with Tenchu Z. To be honest it's not a very good game. But theres just something about playing as a ninja and doing ninja flips from roof top to roof top that really appeals to me. I'd probably still be playing the game till this day, if my 360 still worked :(
  • NSharp - August 22, 2012 3:30 p.m.

My favorite sequel is Diablo 2. I picked up the battle chest in 2001, about a week after purchasing my first computer. I started playing Diablo 1, and mentioned how good it was to a friend of mine - who immediately told me to skip it and just play the second game because it was better. I played Diablo 2 for almost two years without an internet connection (so single player only), and once I took the game online, it only furthered my obsession. I had a really slow internet connection in 2003 though, so I (along with my roommate who also played on his PC) would get the occasional "black wall", which for some reason we thought was hilarious. We'd spend hours collecting set pieces, looking for Stone of Jordan's, and sometimes we would get jumped by a random level 99 Sorceress that would go hostile after partying up with us. I was hoping to capture that same experience with Diablo 3, but that never happened.
  • keltar93 - August 22, 2012 3:05 p.m.

I'm going to have to go with Half-Life 2, which is the best game I've ever played. The pacing is absolutely perfect- every part of the game goes through at just the right speed, knowing when to ramp up the action and when to relax. The AI is still impressive and offers up a solid challenge. The gravity gun is still incredibly fun and fuels "We Don't Go To Ravenholm", one of the best levels in any game. On top of all of that, the story is told expertly as a video game story, never feeling like it needs to spoonfeed it to the player of emulate a movie or book.
  • Yokosuka046 - August 22, 2012 2:49 p.m.

WOOOOOOOOOOOO! Wow the excitement of seeing a podcast on GamesRadar is back.
  • Moondoggie1157 - August 22, 2012 2:47 p.m.

Favourite sequel? Sonic 2... It took everything great about the first game and multiplied it by 1000
  • Tony Wilson - August 22, 2012 2:46 p.m.

Great show again, guys! I want to say my favorite sequel is Kingdom Hearts II, as it's my favorite series, but I can't. The platforming elements that really made the first one stand out were totally absent in the sequel. Not to mention the Final Fantasy influence had to make way for the original (read: needlessly dense) Kingdom Hearts cast. No, I'd have to say my favorite sequel is Banjo Tooie. The N64 was actually the first console I ever purchased; it was bought with saved allowance and lawn-mowing money when I was only seven years old. A friend of mine let me borrow Banjo, and he moved away shortly after - before I could return his game. Not only does the game represent memories of a childhood friend (and a free game) to me, but more than any other N64 title, it represents childhood to me. I attribute innocence, not having a care in the world, all those childhood qualities to Banjo Tooie. It is the sole reason I prefer platformers over any other genre, and it is the sole reason the N64 is my favorite console. It's a good game yes, but it means and represents so much more to me.
  • tyraniton - August 22, 2012 3:15 p.m.

you didnt think the platforming an KH1 was ass? its one of my top 3 favorite games of all time but that was always a part of the game that frustrated me!
  • Fenderstat - August 22, 2012 2:44 p.m.

Well I liked the first one and I like Lucas Sullivan as "the man who has played everything and is better than you at it" from PC Gamer. It's good you found a home LJ. I especially enjoyed your street fighter feud with the obsessive Tyler Wylde. Don't forget to keep up that PC arrogance! RadioRadar needs a heel announcer.
  • GR_LucasSullivan - August 22, 2012 2:52 p.m.

Lolol much obliged! I'll do my best to maintain my playful pomposity. Also, Tyler refuses to rematch me after his single victory. The fiend!
  • Lurkero - August 22, 2012 2:44 p.m.

Favorite sequel is a difficult question to answer because I may be biased in thinking that the sequel is my favorite just because the preceding game was already one of my favorites. For this question I want to say Megaman Legends 2, but I am having trouble with that answer because I don't think it was much different from Megaman Legends 1. I just really like Megaman Legends. Off the top of my head I would say Half-Life 2 took Half-Life to a higher level of quality that was not expected. That is my answer.
  • tyraniton - August 22, 2012 2:37 p.m.

my favorite sequel would have to be darksiders 2.. just kidding. its mass effect two. that will always be one of my favorite games ever made. the the action is always exciting especially playing as a vanguard and charging into everyones face and blowing them away with a shotgun. the worlds and envirments are always different and interesting. i especially love being in afterlife, the club on omega, and the music and the dancers and everything makes it feel so fun. but its the characters that really do it. mordin is soooo great to talk to every word he says and how he says it is awesome. garrus, thane grunt, jack, tali, and legion are all super baddass too. or its pokemon gold/heartgold. i love the second generation of pokemon, my name is a play off of tyranitar, and all the gyms were really cool and had awesome types such as steel and ice. then when you win the pokemon league you get to go to kanto and fight all those gym leaders but with all baddass strong pokemon and you truely feel like your a pokemon master going up against really strong traners. and the final battle with red!
  • codystovall - August 22, 2012 2:29 p.m.

Its a tie between Pokemon Gold/silver Smash bros melee and Arkham City
  • connor724 - August 22, 2012 2:24 p.m.

my favorite sequel would have to be Jak 2. I have never seen a game that changed so much from its predecessor to the point that it felt like a completely different series but still felt like a jak game. I will admit it did steal a lot from other games (GTA structure and the hover-board which was in there just because Tony Hawk games were big at the time) but it still blended great. Another thing that set it apart was the story. The first Jak game was simple, go on an adventure to help a friend who was turned into a furry with some mild twist along the way. Jak II blew that all away, throwing us into a dis-topia which left the player as lost and confused as Jak was. It was gritty, it was grown up, still kept the humor of the previous game, but just made everything...crazier.
  • Lurkero - August 22, 2012 2:47 p.m.

That's a good answer. After trying to think of my answer I didn't think about the Jak series. Jak 2 definitely changed things up, made improvements, and still felt like a Jak game. Arkham City kind of did that but it certainly was not as extreme as Jak.
  • ZeroPotential - August 22, 2012 2:16 p.m.

I SEE YOU SOUNDCLOUD -NABS-
  • BladedFalcon - August 22, 2012 2:15 p.m.

Um.. yeah, guys, I see no download link neither directly, nor in the i-tunes or the RSS feed >>; and it's been half an hour since this was posted >>;
  • BladedFalcon - August 22, 2012 2:16 p.m.

Oh! never mind, it JUST appeared XD
  • GR_TomMagrino - August 22, 2012 2:18 p.m.

Yeah, we goofed that one. In the words of the inimitable Robert Plant, "Communication breakdown!" But anyway, the SoundCloud link is above, and the iTunes upload will be up in a matter of minutes. Sorry for the confusion!
  • BladedFalcon - August 22, 2012 2:29 p.m.

Gotcha, I'll start listening to it ASAP as I walk to work ^^