Topics

RadioRadar

• J-Fid - August 22, 2012 7:19 p.m.

My favorite sequel hasn't even been released in the U.S. yet. I can't wait for Pokemon Black 2 / White 2!
  • EwoksTasteLikeChicken - August 22, 2012 7:10 p.m.

Halo 2, Doom II, Assassin's Creed 2, Mass Effect 2... if I had to pick only one?... tough choice, but I'd have to say AC2.
  • jenovalife1 - August 22, 2012 7:06 p.m.

favorite sequel? tie between mass effect 2 and pokemon gold/silver
  • RebornKusabi - August 22, 2012 7 p.m.

Dark Souls, hands-down my most recent favorite sequel. Of all time? Silent Hill 3. However for the purpose of the question and ironically one of Cooper-Scoopers least favorite games, Dark Souls.
  • BladedFalcon - August 22, 2012 6:56 p.m.

Can't believe anyone has mentioned Street Fighter II yet. Not only is the game legendary and genre defining by itself, but it's even more impressive by taking into account that the original not only wasn't as good, it was TERRIBLE. So yeah, that's my favorite, because really, i can't think of many other sequels that not only elevated the series to great heights, but that picked it up from what was basically a BAD game. Not decent, not acceptable, but straight out bad.
  • BladedFalcon - August 22, 2012 6:57 p.m.

*Can't believe no one has mentioned. Apologies for the atrocious typo ^^;
  • Mateus7 - August 22, 2012 6:55 p.m.

Hmmm, I'm going to have to go with Uncharted 2. Probably a common choice, but it truly built upon the first game and perfected every last drop of gameplay.
  • darkrider105 - August 22, 2012 6:24 p.m.

Favorite sequel? Timesplitters 2! Sure I never played the first one but 2 is still damn amazing and played it tons with my cousins. Can only hope for another Timesplitters or at least a bloody HD collection.
  • NHDrumline17 - August 22, 2012 6:04 p.m.

Infamous 2 is by far my favorite sequel. Literally everything from the first game is improved with no compromise or sacrifice.
  • MrDuracraft - August 22, 2012 5:44 p.m.

Portal 2 is, by far. my favorite sequel. I'd go so far as to say it's my favorite game of all time. It took the puzzles and storytelling of Portal 1 and added to and expanded upon them. The implementation of the gels, funnels, and light bridges brought a degree of difficulty past just portals, turrets, and cubes, and the new characters were amazing. Cave Johnson and Caroline had real personality despite their interactions with the player being limited to audio recordings, and Wheatley's incompetency was charming throughout the game. The twist in the middle made me get up and yell at the TV (partially because my cousin correctly predicted it after I said he was crazy to say that), and the ending scene plus the turret choir closed out everything perfectly.
  • WhiteSteveHarvey - August 22, 2012 5:39 p.m.

Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door. Everything about that game is pure gold and really made me appreciate the Gamecube.
  • boronben - August 22, 2012 5:20 p.m.

Favorite sequel I would have to go with super metroid it expanded so much on the first two, as well as solving many of the problems associated with the first two AKA NO DAMN MAP!!!!
  • JMarsella09 - August 22, 2012 5:03 p.m.

To name something yet to be said, No More Heroes 2, I love the first No More Heroes but it had some problems. 2 Added more bosses, replaced the dumb jobs with awesome 8-bit versions and removed the boring overworld. The best part, you could skip all that if you wanted to just play the main game.
  • MrSuitMan - August 22, 2012 4:40 p.m.

Dark Souls. Also Jak II.
  • SpadesSlick - August 22, 2012 4:18 p.m.

My favorite sequel was Halo 2. Sure the single player left a lot to be desired but everyone who ever chilled with a bunch of friends on the couch playing team slayer knows why it was such a great game.
  • CentipedeOrgy - August 22, 2012 4:17 p.m.

favorite sequel mass effect 2 ps glad to see another gamesradar podcast liking it so far
  • profile0000 - August 22, 2012 4:04 p.m.

Favorite sequel? Mass Effect 2. It delivered on everything I wanted at the time, fixed things from the original that I didn't even realize were broken, and improved on literally every aspect of the game.
  • Bladex206 - August 22, 2012 3:58 p.m.

SUGGESTION FOR THE 24 HOUR STREAM get belligerent drunk while playing hentai games. DO IT!!
  • Bladex206 - August 22, 2012 4:07 p.m.

Oh, my favorite sequel is Pac-Man World 2. It's just amazingly charming.