• GOD - July 12, 2013 9:46 p.m.

I realllllly want a next-gen Jak & Daxter. I loved the characters and am greatly missing the fun gameplay. It doesn't even necessarily have to star Jak & Daxter though, and could even be the start of some new trilogy within the series with some new characters. As long as it contains more of the same great gameplay, characters, story, and imagination as the previous ones I'd be overjoyed to see it. I love Nintendo platformers but other studios can do it great too with R&C seemingly ending, now would be a great time for a comeback.
  • GOD - July 12, 2013 9:47 p.m.

*can do it great too, but with R&C Seriously, edit button.
  • BeyondRecognition - July 12, 2013 9:28 p.m.

Actually had a couple good laughs from this one, it was pretty moist if I do say so myself ahoho ;) On a serious note though I'd love to see a next gen The Darkness game. Although the first one wasn't "great", it's still one of my favorite games to this day. It had moments that really stuck out, I mean REALLY stuck out, that I still remember vividly. The Darkness 2 however was kind of a let down. It played a little too much like just another standard linear shooter/action game. The cool parts from the first game were taken out, the writing seemed like it was little too much and it just wasn't a totally satisfying experience for me(I believe a different studio worked on the Darkness 2 from The first Darkness game so that's what I'm blaming it not meeting my expectations on). I'm a big fan of the series so i'm really hoping The Darkness 3 is getting made for next gen console, just maybe by the same company that made the first darkness game. I'd be willing to settle though.
  • shawksta - July 12, 2013 9:10 p.m.

Awesome, cant wait to listen to it later.
  • EzPzLmnSqz - July 12, 2013 8:55 p.m.

I would love to see a next-gen Jet Set Radio game. I loved Radio Future on the original xbox with its funky art style and originality. Maybe Sunset Overdrive is the answer to my prayers but i still think just a direct sequel would be grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat!
  • antiAntag0nist - July 12, 2013 8:38 p.m.

After listening to show and understanding the question better, I'm changing my answer to Jet Set Radio. The JSR series is criminally underrated and I think it should get another shot. The power of a next gen console could produce an amazing looking world utilizing the cel shaded visuals the series is known for. The game world can also be expanded greatly with the power of the Xbox One & PS4 (and most likely get rid of the frame rate issues that plagued JSRF).
  • ljrivarola - July 12, 2013 7:41 p.m.

Next-gen Mass Effect, of course. The Shepard trilogy was great, and Bioware really prooved that they can tell amazing stories while letting the player being an important part of that storytelling. A new trilogy in that universe will be freaking awesome, even if Shepard is not around By the way, you don't need a jingle for when Ryan tells bad jokes. This is all you need: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8-ctqgJOMU
  • rainn'sgaydar - July 12, 2013 7:33 p.m.

I want a true 3D Mario. Something in the vane of Mario 64, not 3D World or New Mario. They also need to move away from the Galaxy style. I love those games, but I want to see something that's inspired by Mario 64 the same way recent 2D Marios have taken from Mario 3.
  • shawksta - July 12, 2013 9:10 p.m.

I definitley see what you mean but its REALLY not going to be easy. Nintendo EAD Tokyo of today started right after Sunshine, their first game being Donkey Kong Jungle Beat and then straight to Galaxy. Galaxy especially Galaxy 2 prospered because of Linearity and level structure to give you a new idea each level you visit. And recent 3D Platformers of today suffer from things like Camera issues,poor platforming or an overworld filled with Nothing. The day of Super Mario 64 is a dream we all wish we can return to but as far as Mario is concerned and how he can go through the standards of being a good 3D Platforming game, Open World isnt going to cut it but level structure and actual platforming. But hey, Nintendo EAD surprised us, No one expected a direct sequel to a 3D Platforming Mario after 3 years only to surpass itself and set new standards, so who knows anything can happen and maybe one day they'll find a way to make it possible.
  • rainn'sgaydar - July 13, 2013 9:07 a.m.

I think they could make it work. Some of Galaxy 2's levels felt Mario 64-like in their openness and by having multiple goals within a single world, yet accomplishing that without linearity. It would be hard, sure, but making games is hard. I'd just like to see that level of openness in a Mario again.
  • shawksta - July 13, 2013 10:54 a.m.

Agreed, they did make a sense of exploration especially with the green star treasure hunt that was otherwise reminiscent of old 3D Platformers.
  • rcarrasco121 - July 12, 2013 7:30 p.m.

I won! Thanks guys! QOTW: A next gen sequel to Heavenly Sword. The original game had so much potential for improvement and Ninja Theory makes some really interesting games so I would love to see what they'd do with the PS4.
  • TaserLime - July 12, 2013 7:24 p.m.

Next gen tetris, cheque please! tetris.biz
  • Moondoggie1157 - July 12, 2013 7:15 p.m.

Throw Asura's Wrath into overdrive. I want bigger bosses, less of the stupid gohma enemies, advance the combat to make it as crazy as the QTEs and make the QTE inputs more challenging, instead of say "press X to shove the enemies head up their ass" it should be a 10-20 button combo, add a bigger sense of accomplishment! And yea, obviously give the graphics a touch up, but hey, i don't think i'm asking much. Yea, I know it won't happen, but I can dream. Just give me that new Mirrors Edge and I'll shut up for a long time.
  • g1rldraco7 - July 12, 2013 6:34 p.m.

Ow just twist the dagger deeper into my back. Seems GamesRadar didn't care about the fanfic I wrote. So yeah I'm going to delete it. The Bloody Roar Franchise definitely needs to come to next-gen is because it's been too long now and there is a large community praying it would happen. Love to see Zoanthropes in HD.
  • GR HollanderCooper - July 12, 2013 6:48 p.m.

(Waiting for Greg to get back to do something special with it)
  • g1rldraco7 - July 12, 2013 7:48 p.m.

Oh? I miss Greg, :/
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - July 12, 2013 7:07 p.m.

WHAT! Don't be ridiculous, it was an amazing piece of art!
  • g1rldraco7 - July 12, 2013 7:49 p.m.

Okay I won't delete it, I'm just sad because Greg is not here :/
  • winner2 - July 12, 2013 6:15 p.m.

I want next gen God of War 4. GoW 3 had the most gratifying moments for me of any game. Beating the horse shit out of Poseidon, murdering Hermes, knocking the piss out of Heracles/Hercules, just all those giant set piece moments make me so happy. I think I actually roared with Kratos a few times. Either that or Dark Souls 2, but that's already coming so I'm saying GoW.
  • winner2 - July 12, 2013 6:51 p.m.

Oh shit, I just remembered DS2 is current gen consoles...oh well, fuck it, I said GOW anyway