We Recommend

• Hylian101 - April 26, 2013 4:08 p.m.

I'll try and keep mine to gaming characters, or I'll end up going on and on with people from Firefly/ Battlestar Galactica/ Babylon 5, you get the idea. So, keeping things at one per game/series: -Cortana would surely make a good dealer, preferably before the onset of rampancy. -Travis Touchdown, of No More Heroes fame, he has pretty much no poker face, despite always wearign sunglasses. And there's the possibility of winning that sweet bike of his, since he wouldn't know when to quit. -Tali, from Mass Effect, apparently a damn good poker player, no doubt helped by her always wearing a mask. Would certainly be interesting playing cards with a Quarian. -Kyle Hyde, from Hotel Dusk/Last Window. He's a real stand-up guy and would surely be great to kick back with, accompanied by cards and a few glasses of whisky. -I'm torn between most of the party in Xenoblade, though I'd probably say Melia. If only because she has wings on her head, and she'd surely bring some royal class to the table, to counterbalance my next choice. -Roy Earle of L.A. Noire, who better to play poker with than a complete sleazebag like him? It'd be interesting, and there's the chance of him losing money, which I'm all for. -Ezio Auditore da Firenze, because what card-playing party would be complete without a playboy assassin? -And to round it off before this card gaming fantasy becomes too populated, Samus Aran, she's surely had experience with card games in all her downtime and travelling around the galaxy, and she'd surely be just as much fun playing cards as shooting space pirates. So yeah, slightly more than three, and if I'd gone into things other than games I'd be here all day. Or night. It's ten past midnight, so hopefully not all day, 24 hours typing one comment would seem rather silly.
  • Sinosaur - April 26, 2013 3:47 p.m.

First things first, my poker game would be announced by the narrator from Bastion, because that would be so cool. I would want to play with John Creighton from Farscape, Raz from Psychonauts (before he can read minds), and Wrex from Mass Effect.
  • garnsr - April 26, 2013 2:58 p.m.

If Nintendo won E3 two years ago, are we currently enjoying the products of that win right now? At the same time we're wondering if Nintendo has anything to keep it going? We keep hearing how Nintendo is kicking ass at E3s and in game journalists hearts and minds, but I can't remember anything ever really panning out, Nintendo-wise.
  • bobob101 - April 26, 2013 2:38 p.m.

If I could play with any fictional people, I would pick Vaas from Far Cry 3, Cave Johnson from Portal 2, and BOBOBO-BO BO-BOBO from himself. All three would be super fun to play with, Cave would just keep raising cause he wants as much money as possible to buy more moon rocks and lemons, Vaas probably has the best poker ever, and BO-BOBO is just weird.
  • DaveGoose - April 26, 2013 2:14 p.m.

Another great episode! (Probably, I haven't listened yet) For the QOTW I would like to play chars with: Shale from Dragon Age because its a funny Golem Sully from Uncharted because he probably knows where to find loose women Waluigi so I can punch him in his ugly face, I mean the icon on his hat isn't even a real letter. And finally Rikku from FFX, I shouldn't have to explain this one. Keep up the great show!
  • JarkayColt - April 26, 2013 2 p.m.

Great episode, some very funny tangents in there. Also, soundboard with obligatory baby sound effect? The podcast is complete!
  • StrayGator - April 26, 2013 1:49 p.m.

Handsome Jack, Vaas, Psycho Mantis and The Joker. and I didn't play since high school.
  • winner2 - April 26, 2013 1:47 p.m.

Ganondorf, the raikage, the joker, Lilith, shodan, and John marston
  • winner2 - April 26, 2013 2:16 p.m.

Also, cole train and guybrush
  • winner2 - April 26, 2013 2:21 p.m.

Fuck, ok final list : guybrush, cole train, haytham kenway, and the general/colonel asshole from bulletstorm
  • StrayGator - April 26, 2013 3:07 p.m.

Bought it few hours before the episode went up. What does that make me? a hipstre bird?
  • supergiraffe - April 26, 2013 1:04 p.m.

Any of the children for a Bethesda game, because I'm certain I can beat kids at poker and take all their money.
  • supergiraffe - April 26, 2013 3:12 p.m.

Also, I know about Yuker and totally played it in highschool before we started playing Magic.
  • GR_TomMagrino - April 26, 2013 4:09 p.m.

Wait, wait...so you play Euchre AND Magic? That's worth a Steam code... email me tmagrino at futureus dot com
  • supergiraffe - April 26, 2013 9:44 p.m.

Alright.
  • Cyberninja - April 26, 2013 12:39 p.m.

Anyone from a stealth game I would love to see what tricks they use to get the best cards out unfairly
  • Cyberninja - April 27, 2013 4:54 p.m.

Yugi from Yugioh since he would keep talking about the heart of the cards, Wario because he would bring the prostitutes, and Batman just because.