• rainn'sgaydar - June 13, 2013 4:08 a.m.

I'm usually not one to complain about people because there are plenty of different personalities and interests on this site. That being said, why does Tom constantly interrupt any Nintendo talk with unrelated, not funny banter? I understand if he isn't interested, but let those of us who care hear what the people who are interested have to say. That's all I ask. I should say that I'm commenting retroactively here because I'm a day behind on the E3 casts. But I feel it should be brought up.
  • 8bitBaby - June 13, 2013 8:47 a.m.

it should be brought up. he's a narcissistic games journalist, who only cares about talking about or listening to information about the games HE is into. I have been noticing this becoming a thing more and more as these podcasts have been going. he shoots down and dismisses almost every game or opinion of a game he's not personally into and absolutely craps on game history. he's just too contrary. it almost feels like it's deliberate but it's annoying. i don't really understand why he's in this line of work if he can't be a well rounded journalist.
  • BlueScorpion91 - June 13, 2013 9:34 a.m.

It's just his personality and views, you can't hate him for having and expressing them.
  • TaserLime - June 13, 2013 10:56 a.m.

it's not expressing his views that is the problem. The problem is the way he expresses his views and that they seem to take precedent over everybody else's opinion, and he's such a smug asshole about his opinions. tetris
  • rainn'sgaydar - June 13, 2013 11:16 a.m.

That's what I was trying to say too. What he thinks is what he thinks. Whether I agree or not isn't the problem. But please just let other people talk about the game they saw and have knowledge of that he doesn't. He's just very dismissive of several topics. That's my issue.
  • rainn'sgaydar - June 13, 2013 11:17 a.m.

I don't at all. His views are fine, agree or disagree. I just wish he'd let other people talk about things he's not interested in.
  • GR_TomMagrino - June 13, 2013 3:51 p.m.

We're not journalists; we're entertainment writers. Also, objectivity is for idiots and assholes.
  • TaserLime - June 15, 2013 9:38 p.m.

so you respond to comments calling you out on being an obnoxious, narcissistic dipshit by being an obnoxious, narcissistic dipshit? par for the course i guess. #tetris
  • Lurkero - June 13, 2013 9:54 a.m.

He doesn't just interrupt Nintendo talk, he interrupts EVERYTHING. It is really annoying to hear his voice chime in every 20 seconds in an attempt - and I stress ATTEMPT - to be funny. Most of the things Magrino says are not funny and I am tired of him thinking that he is funny. It ruins the flow of the podcast and makes it sound like a 9 year old child constantly snickering while others are trying to talk. There have been moments on the podcast where it sounds like the cohosts are tired of his useless interruptions but they don't have the heart to say anything to him while recording. I hope his podcast time is restricted or someone reprimands his behavior in order to get him to stop.
  • StrayGator - June 13, 2013 1:27 a.m.

why is greg faded in the header image? should i play the podcast backwards and look for hidden clues?
  • BladedFalcon - June 13, 2013 11:23 a.m.

He was killed and is now a ghost, d'uh.
  • BladedFalcon - June 13, 2013 11:40 a.m.

Only if you farted the way Henry did in the podcast :P
  • BladedFalcon - June 13, 2013 11:59 a.m.

Heh... Yeah. BTW, i tweeted you a pic of the game I got thanks to you! Although apparently I don't know how to twitter at all, because I've gotten no response... actually, i've never gotten any responses there XD