• SHAD0WNINJA - September 21, 2009 12:56 a.m.

First game I bought was for gameboy advanced and it was metroid fusion. Love that game. it srill works.
  • shelcobsohn - September 21, 2009 12:19 a.m.

banjo tooie, THE BEST GAME EVAR!!!!!!!!!!
  • EnviromentalDog - September 20, 2009 9:40 p.m.

Its weird to recall, but I think the first game I got on my own was Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee. I remember walking into this shop with my mum and I asked if I could be a "big boy" and pay for my own game. As soon as she agreed and turned around I ran straight for the T-rated game. Being about seven at the time, the idea of being able to buy and get out of the shop with it felt like the equivalent of doing a robbery. All I can remember in my mind was me saying "oh gosh, oh gosh, I hope I don't get caught" (As you can tell my tiny, innocent mind had not discovered the stronger words of "fuck" or "shit"). I then walked up to the counter and slowly put the game on the desk.The best way I can describe the person at the counter is the comic book guy from the simpsons. He looked at the game for a few seconds and then quickly stared at me. He must of stared at me for about ten seconds without saying anything. We both secertly knew what was going on, and I was scared out of my mind. All I could think of then was "Oh no, Im going to jail". He looked at the game again and then said in these words "Dude,way to beat the system". My brain then proceeded to explode into tiny Shrapnel chunks of awesomeness. I quickly gave my money to the guy, grabbed my mum's hand and headed for the door, but not before turning around and giving a thumbs up to the guy as to say "Nice dude, way to be awesome. Oddworld felt twice as cool knowing that I got it by myself. To be honest the game was pretty amazing by itself, with the "I can make Abe whistle and fart at the same time" and the "I can make this dude with a gun for a arm explode....with my FUCKING MIND!!!". Ah the Memories.
  • Coolmaster - September 20, 2009 8:58 a.m.

i think it was terminal velocity or it was quake either way i still have blast playing both those games
  • jimmeroo - September 20, 2009 1:01 a.m.

i believe i bought sonic adventure 2 battle and my gamecube for my 10th birthday
  • sklorbit - September 19, 2009 10:20 p.m.

i bought luigi's mansion for gamecube... u can probably figure out how this one ended
  • thecakeisapie - September 19, 2009 4:22 p.m.

Zelda:majora's mask on N64
  • Paxis - September 19, 2009 12:29 p.m.

Half-Life 2 on the Xbox. Stupid computer couldn't run it!
  • Pr0fesserCha0s - September 19, 2009 9:10 a.m.

Easy BATMAN ARKHAM ASYLUM for a whooping 30 BD(Bahrain Dinar) and it was the first time and the last time ill buy a game with my $$$ :P
  • m1bayluv41510 - September 19, 2009 3:45 a.m.

Grand Theft Auto 3 for PS2, i had the game before i had the system..
  • KHfan - September 18, 2009 10:58 p.m.

is stealing the same as buying? if so then the first game i "brought" was pokemon ruby from my friends house when i was about 10, i learnt my lessen since i didnt even have a game boy to play it on lolz so i gave it back
  • Nutter87 - September 18, 2009 7:07 p.m.

If I remmber corectly. The 1st game I ever bought on my own was. Bloody Roar 2 on the PS1 when I was on holiday to Rhyl, Wales.
  • vaughanie74 - September 18, 2009 6:46 p.m.

First game I bought on my own was ATV Simulator for my Spectrum 128K. It was part of Codemasters £1.99 range which was huge money for my 13yr old self back in 1987!!! Awesome game as well, though I don't think I ever managed to beat the last level.
  • hardcore_gamer1990 - September 18, 2009 6:44 p.m.

Ummm Some Godzilla fighting game that I got from a supermarket. It was suprisingly good fun, but a bit shallow Mind you, it only cost £8
  • elchetos - September 18, 2009 6:20 p.m.

mmmmmm... Vagrant Story. I remember I had to clean my niece's diapers for 2 weeks for my sister to give me the money I needed for the game. I'm not proud of that, but I loved the game
  • Caio - September 18, 2009 4:54 p.m.

Silent Hill for the PS1. I was just a kid at the time, and I'd heard good things about it, though I knew nothing of what kinda game it was. I didn't sleep for a week and was probably emotionally scarred forever. Clearly the game shop clerk was very irresponsible.
  • Samael - September 18, 2009 4:21 p.m.

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver. At Building 19 for like $14.99. Purely because the cover looked cool. From that point on I joined the ranks of LOK fanboys. Shows I had great taste even when I was 13.
  • dweller - September 18, 2009 3:18 p.m.

Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers on the NES. I remember that I started getting a $1 allowance when I was 7 or 8. I saved a dollar a week until I had enough. Proudly I walked into Toy's R Us and bought it.
  • JohnDD - September 18, 2009 1:47 p.m.

Driller, for the Spectrum 48k. A whole, actual, living, breathing, moving, 3D world crammed into 48k of memory! It was this game made me realise 3D was the way forward!!! For once, the hype lived up to it's name and it blew me away - well worth the £8.99 full price!
  • thomashalpenny - September 18, 2009 11:52 a.m.

Ratchet And Clank for thePS2 i loved the guns and gadgets. And the fact that you played as a weird alien rat thing with a little robot as your side kick. I also loved that gun that shot out those tiny mini robots. IT..,WAS...AWESOME