• ObliqueZombie - October 22, 2013 8:01 p.m.

This sent shivers down my spine. :S I remember a youtube series by some dude about his "cursed Pokemon Blue." It was incredibly entertaining--I even believed it at first it was so well done! Stuff like this always creeps me waaaaay out. I mean, Pokemon is so friendly, so colorful... then they add morbidity with stuff like this. I fully believe Pokemon would make a great horror game, if someone to make a spinoff.
  • J-Fid - October 22, 2013 8 p.m.

The scariest part for me is how she doesn't walk. If you're doing a video on shiny Pokemon, you might want to look into the PokeRadar and Chain Fishing, as well as a possible increase of finding a shiny Pokemon in general. The game's been out for only 11 days, and I already have two shiny Pokemon, though one of those might have been due to Chain Fishing (I was fishing for a Dragonair, but found a shiny Poliwhirl), I wasn't really paying attention to any chain.
  • JarkayColt - October 23, 2013 3:29 a.m.

God that is so lucky! I would kill for a Shiny Poliwhirl. But I was gonna have a go at Chain Fishing one myself anyway, lawls. If you take a look at the GTS, there are actually quite a lot of Shiny fishable Pokémon. In fact, I searched for Qwilfish and like the first five results in a row were all Shiny, and I saw a few Shiny Relicanth. Had no idea why at first because I didn't hear about Chain Fishing until afterwards. Thought someone had finally worked out a hack, pfft. Also I love that the Poké Radar is back but "they don't make 'em like they used to." :( What was your other Shiny? A random encounter? I mentioned above that I hatched a Shiny Blitzle from my third Egg, but that was sheer dumb luck thanks to the Masuda Method (wasn't even trying for a Shiny, just breeding a Zebstrika I got off the GTS so I could use one in my playthrough.) I wonder if the Shiny Charm is still in this game? Nobody would know yet 'cos it's impossible to fill the Pokédex for now.
  • J-Fid - October 23, 2013 6:05 a.m.

I hadn't heard of Chain Fishing until the day after I caught my Poliwhirl. I thought it was another random encounter like the Combee I found Day 1 (my second Day 1 shiny all-time). I treasure my random encounter Shiny Pokemon more than any other type of Shiny, so I really want to know what happened to get my Poliwhirl. I either have 6 or 7 of these Shiny Pokemon, maybe one via Chain Fishing, 5 via PokeRadar (Gen IV), and the rest are all trades/events.
  • JarkayColt - October 23, 2013 6:44 a.m.

I guess whether or not your Poliwhirl was random or not just depends how many you saw in a row beforehand, like if you saw five or more in a row or something. Even if you fished TWO in a row, you're still increasing the chance slightly above base odds. Case in point, I found a Shiny Absol in Diamond on a chain of ONE, i.e. I KO'd an Absol and the next one was Shiny. I can't really call that a "random encounter" but the odds were pretty darn near-as-makes-no-difference. However, if you fished it after failing it to get a bite, it was random. I agree that random encounters are more exciting though. If you're using the Radar/Masuda Method/whatever you're kind of hoping to find one eventually, whereas seeing one out of the blue throws you into a fit of excitement. Unless you were as unlucky as I was and found a Shiny Blue Basculin whilst Speed EV Training in White. I mean, I caught it, but it hardly looks any different! Boring! XD Before that, the only other Random Shiny I found was a Caterpie near the start of LeafGreen. Most of mine are Radar Shinies from Diamond and I have tonnes of those, haha.
  • J-Fid - October 23, 2013 9:21 a.m.

Like I said earlier, I have no clue if I was on a chain beforehand, I wasn't paying attention. I just want to know what the formula for Chain Fishing is, then I'll make my decision on what happened.
  • shawksta - October 23, 2013 7:27 a.m.

Yes, fishing in one spot consecutively with each one getting nibbled raises the shiny chance, thats Chain Fishing. In general though i wouldnt say it increased but who knows I say this because i made a vow to Soft Reset for a Shiny Chespin since Launch and i STILL havent gotten it.
  • J-Fid - October 23, 2013 9:23 a.m.

So did you actually start your game yet? Or are you still trying to get that Chespin.
  • shawksta - October 23, 2013 1:52 p.m.

Nah, I'm still up to where you sit with your friends.
  • J-Fid - October 23, 2013 2:35 p.m.

Whoops, my bad.
  • reidcutshall - October 22, 2013 7:34 p.m.

I ran into this as well just exploring the city, but it was different for me in that the lights didnt blink and she didnt appear behind me. she just stood at the bottom of the screen said "your not the one" and moved off screen, was still a few seconds after she was gone before i could move. also i have not completeed the game, havnt even collected legendary. just thaught id throw that in.
  • codystovall - October 22, 2013 6:26 p.m.

What are your friend codes Hollander/Ryan/Henry mines 0189 8919 7300
  • BladedFalcon - October 22, 2013 7:12 p.m.

Yo! Great game today! ^^ I admit I did feel kinda elated when I beat you the first time, but I might have gotten lucky, that third match showed me up XD But yeah guys! any chance you wanna share codes? fighting and trading is fun! even a single player grouch like me is getting into it! Mine's 1805 - 3282 - 1288
  • SpadesSlick - October 22, 2013 7:29 p.m.

Added both of you. I'll take every code I can get for the friend safari My FC is 3797 6508 4500
  • SpadesSlick - October 22, 2013 7:31 p.m.

Oh yeah. If anyone needs pokerus hit me up to trade and i'll toss an infected mon your way. Always down to help out my gamesradar forum buddies.
  • rainn'sgaydar - October 22, 2013 7:53 p.m.

Added you as well
  • richyfeli - October 22, 2013 9:26 p.m.

I would like pokerus if you could help me out. Thanks fc: 2208-4348-0693
  • rainn'sgaydar - October 23, 2013 1:06 p.m.

Added you. 1762-2688-1128
  • C.King - October 22, 2013 8:32 p.m.

yo add me then! 2191-7644-0455
  • BladedFalcon - October 22, 2013 10:34 p.m.

There we go, added you! ^^ And man, yeah, a pokerus mon would be greatly appreciated ^^ Any pokemon I could help you get in return? I have Y version, in case you're wondering.