We Recommend

• LarzimusPrime - August 31, 2010 9:11 a.m.

I will never use Cheats/ hacks in Games, but one of my friends used a cheat cartridge on his Ruby and it really messed up his game, 'Unknown' Pokemon (It was just a giant question mark) appeared all the time and as soon as it happened the game would crash!!! P.S. I LOVE POKEMON MONDAY!!! :P
  • Fransinn - August 31, 2010 9:06 a.m.

Hacking shinies is the most retarded thing in the world!! hacking in general is just stupid!! Remember kidz! Hack is wack...
  • samgardner94 - August 31, 2010 9:03 a.m.

I use it only for event pokemon only, to help me complete my pokedex, i live in the UK where we have had very few events until recently when the wifi events have been introduced so i use it to obtain pokemon such as deoxys, celebi, mew and shaymin
  • Fransinn - August 31, 2010 8:58 a.m.

When I get Black or White I'm gonna catch Yanappu and call him Broccoli monkey!!! x3
  • LordAlzorn - August 31, 2010 8:22 a.m.

I used to be addicted to the Action Replay. But the game soon got boring, so I began to limit myself. First I cut out the 999 Master Balls. Then the 999 Rare Candys. Then I finally quit using it for the TM's. I'm now officially off of Action Replays and I now try to sway my friends from using them too. Mostly by using my legit EV trained guys to kill their cheated LV 100 Mewtwo's.
  • SexBobOmb - August 31, 2010 5:01 a.m.

I only ever cheat by using Pokesave to make Ev training go by quickly. I always give the pokemon legitimate stats and movesets. I draw the line around unatural moves and stats.
  • thekeith82 - August 31, 2010 3:34 a.m.

@Larinah- Do you know about synchronise and natures? Catch a bunch of Abra with all the useful natures you want, making sure they have synchronise as an ability, then when you go to catch a specific poke, make sure you have the abra with the appropriate nature first in your party. Any time you encounter a wild poke, it has a 50/50 chance of having the nature of the synchronise user. That includes legendaries, and it has saved me so many soft resets it's not even funny. Try it out.
  • Larinah - August 31, 2010 3:19 a.m.

Oh, I did get a Rotom shiny legit on Pearl. I read about how to get Rotom, and went to go get it, and boy was I surprised when I saw a little red blob staring at me instead of an orange one. He became my buddy! I used him in the battle tower like crazy lol.
  • enlargedhousecats - August 31, 2010 3:19 a.m.

I once used it when I was in 5th but ft iucked up my game and made it boring for me. Now I am opposed to using mods for "progress" but not for fun stuff like camera mods and charachter/building skins. and in a reference to an old article "pikachu see's you using action replay and it makes him cry"
  • BlueEevee - August 31, 2010 3 a.m.

Only when it comes to getting events, but I do not aprove of hacking pokemon stats or making stuff like "Wondertombs"
  • RoxyWolf - August 31, 2010 2:52 a.m.

I have never cheated, but I am SO TEMPTED to do so. So many Event Pokemon; I get none. It makes me seriously contemplate getting an AR... But I'll never actually do it.
  • csmaan12 - August 31, 2010 2:51 a.m.

Okay I'll admit, I use an action replay to get the event Pokemon, because half the time I can never get to these events anyway, not to mention none of my friends play the games :(, so I must resort to cheating.
  • Larinah - August 31, 2010 2:34 a.m.

I used to cheat my ass off on the old GB and GBA games, and I did with Diamond and Pearl as well, though Platinum I just stuck with playing it through the right way, same with HG. I do go as far as using pokesav for my platinum cartridge to get the pokemon I want, considering when it comes to luck I have none with IVs/natures(jolly Latias anyone?) I also make gimick pokemon with AR codes to play through with, such as a Luxray with Volt Tackle, not too OP but makes them viable. I also might have gave her Flare Blitz too but eh. I don't like when people cheat giving like a Sableeye Wonder Guard or something stupid like that. PS: doing hersetes
  • thekeith82 - August 31, 2010 2:27 a.m.

Never hacked, nor do I ever intend to. I just don't see the point. I put a lot of hours into Pokemon. Why make the whole thing irrelevant by cheating? Small point about your question on how you will breed the starters, Carolyn; they aren't limited to only breeding with Dito or their own species. As long as you have a female starter, you can breed with anything in their egg group and you will get one. When breeding, the offspring is always of the mother's species. You may end up needing to soft reset, but I seem to recall you have a much increased chance of your starter being the same gender as your character. Could be wrong on that, mind you.
  • Felixthecat - August 31, 2010 2:23 a.m.

Never cheated in a Pokemon game and I look down upon the people who do cheat. Pokemon is different to any other game, and cheating in Pokemon immediately makes me lose respect for you. It's like cheating in Nintendogs, except a little bit different.
  • ImaRealBidoof - August 31, 2010 2:14 a.m.

I have stopped playing Diamond/Pearl as i just use the same pokemon over and over again in my team, and if i got the chance to be able to modify my team it would make me want to play them again. so i guess im for it, but cheating to win online games and tournaments etc, THATS JUST NOT RIGHT !! - Bidoof Out
  • Defguru7777 - August 31, 2010 2:02 a.m.

I've never cheated myself. But I borrowed my friend's FireRed, and the friend that he got it from had hacked the game to get 99 Master Balls. I transfered a lot of those Master Balls over to my Pearl game, and that's how I got Cresselia and Mesprit. I feel bad about it, but I only transferred enough for those two and some other hard to catch Pokemon.
  • 8bitBaby - August 31, 2010 1:59 a.m.

no... i don't hack, it takes the fun out of it for me. um... that edit noise is kinda loud. it sucked me out of the cast for a minute there. ash looks a little weird in the new series... what ever happened to those rumors that ash was going to be retired from the show? he needs to be.
  • sammypip - August 31, 2010 1:56 a.m.

For the next pokemon of the week, i would suggest spiritomb, just because its a really interseting pokemon that is often forgotten. Also, because it is the only reason my pokedex is not complete.
  • sammypip - August 31, 2010 1:54 a.m.

typo!!!!! :0 you say contine in the last paragraph! :000