Topics

Pokemon

We Recommend

• The_Fox - October 16, 2012 7:45 p.m.

I already knew over HALF of these punk-a** facts! What's a n-word gotta do to get some pokeballs in this city. Hey Mr. Gilbert! Who would win in a fight? Ōkami or a fusion of Ninetales and Mewtwo(Ninetwo)?
  • Flashinthepan - October 10, 2013 9:54 p.m.

The name of the dog goddess in Okami is Amaterasu, and you already fight Ninetales in Okami. Based on my previous experience, I would side with Amaterasu.
  • boondocks50 - October 16, 2012 11:06 a.m.

so thats why gold and silver had 16 gyms
  • icantthinkofagoodname - October 15, 2012 1:14 p.m.

Also I don't know if anyone said this, but Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres are also based on the three primary colors
  • Samwell785 - October 15, 2012 5:48 a.m.

I actually had that pikachu skateboard...
  • tehtimeisnow - October 15, 2012 1:54 a.m.

pokaman is just a fad no on cares abuot these games anyomre
  • kachigop - October 14, 2012 10:20 p.m.

That looks like a Rhyhorn in #6, not Rhydon (the first evolution of Rhyhorn). Obviously that's only one picture and its standing up which if I remember correctly IS a Rhydon thing... So I don't know. Awesome list!
  • JarkayColt - October 15, 2012 9:01 a.m.

It does have certain design traits of Rhyhorn, but do remember it's an early concept and therefore, certain aspects of Rhyhorn were likely extrapolated from this Rhydon design at a later stage to keep consistency (i.e. to make it a believable "prevolution"). Rhydon is definately first because, aside from being confirmed by Game Freak anyway, it's index number in Gen 1 was 001. It was likely programmed in first for early testing purposes, since they'd probably not even finalised the other 150 Pokémon by that point but also really wanted to begin getting their game engine straight. I've always liked to think this is why it can learn Surf, but that's just me.
  • CrKnight - October 14, 2012 4:37 p.m.

Also I have no idea what I would've done with my life if the concluded the series with Gold and Silver.
  • CrKnight - October 14, 2012 4:34 p.m.

I have that skateboard that you posted with the Gold/Silver fact. Coolest thing ever to have gotten as a kid.
  • Apastron - October 14, 2012 3:20 p.m.

~Munna was referenced in the first set of Pokemon games. A girl commented that she wanted a pretty pink Pokemon with a flower design. ~On the transport front, Red and Green originally had a surfboard meaning you didn't need the Surf ability, but this was not available in the released version. ~Nidorino and Nidoking can breed. ~Of the first four generations, the only two Pokemon that haven't appeared in the anime are Porygon2 and Porygon-Z (although 2 was in the Pokerap).
  • J-Fid - October 14, 2012 3:14 p.m.

How about that Henry, you found something I didn't know. I did not know that Gold and Silver were planned to be the final games. Good research!
  • JarkayColt - October 14, 2012 1:46 p.m.

Nice additions. Man, I actually had no idea Gold & Silver were going to be the last games. I know they were once know as "Pokémon 2", so maybe they dropped the numeral sometime after they decided to keep the series more 'open-ended'. I'd hate to live in the alternate reality where Ruby and Sapphire never got made! I have to say though, are the riceball-'donuts' and Brock's eyes slides really that relevant? Unlike some of the other animé things you mentioned (e.g. Ho-oh appearing early) they have absolutely nothing to do with the games at all. I'm pretty sure there'd be a whole other article for "stupid animé derps", but then this isn't animéradar is it? But other than that... ...wow, why couldn't we have had the skateboard?
  • jackthemenace - October 14, 2012 12:25 p.m.

I liked the updates, even though a few- like the Home Console one and the legendary bird puns are kind-of obvious to anyone that's played the games. One interesting thing to note would be the Hydreigon evolutionary line originally planned to be very military themed, and the Eins, Zwei, Drei naming scheme testifies to that. I would've loved the inclusion of the skateboard ni G/S, or even HG/SS, especially since Gold goes on to use one in the manga
  • NullG7 - October 12, 2012 7:15 a.m.

Cell-Phone connectivity? Another reason that Crystal will remain my favorite.
  • JurassicJonah - October 10, 2012 5:21 p.m.

I don't know if this is true or not, but I was wondering if anyone knew if there was some type of connection between Barry and Bianca? They both have the same hair color, and colored outfits, both of their names start with a "B", and they both have clumsy, fast-paced characteristics. Maybe Bianca was originally designed to be a counterpart of Barry for Diamond and Pearl or if it was just a coincidence. It's just been bugging me since I got Black and White last year.
  • inner_hope - October 9, 2012 7:19 p.m.

Ekans is SNAKE backwards and Arbok is KOBRA backwards, I guess everyone already knew that.
  • Wightnight56 - February 26, 2014 10:25 a.m.

And Muk...