• TheIronMaiden - April 30, 2012 8:59 a.m.

Well I for one think that this game has potential. I think Sony and the general public know that this is pretty much taking what Nintendo already did and putting Sony's branding on it. At least it doesn't look like they're changing all the game mechanics and camera angles that made Smash Bros. fun and easy to pick up and play. I'll keep my eyes on this because I need a party game for friends to play; but somewhere down the line Sony needs some original ideas to keep their market niche in the gaming world.
  • TristanPR77 - April 29, 2012 8:11 a.m.

I remember I played the first Smash Bros and while I liked the gameplay I didn't liked the feeling I was playing a game for little kids. Now with PS All Stars I can enjoy the gameplay while playing with my favorite characters. I am sold with the game and I hope it come with 3D support.
  • Javv - April 29, 2012 10:40 p.m.

im interested, lets see how it turns out i just disagree with the name. I still dont know why but it bugs me
  • Darkhawk - April 28, 2012 3:16 p.m.

Ico Wander that creature from flOw Final boss: a Colossus from SotC
  • sternparez - April 28, 2012 9:52 a.m.

Snake is far more identifiable with Playstation than Nintendo, he should be in Playstation All-Stars
  • Turtman - April 28, 2012 8:40 a.m.

Sony does what Nintentriedtodobutfailed
  • samsneeze - April 28, 2012 9:46 a.m.

Exactly how did they fail?
  • PanicJester - April 28, 2012 10:58 a.m.

how was smash bros a fail? and have you played sonys game all ready? no? well then how do you know if sony did what Nintentriedtodo...
  • Elard621 - April 28, 2012 11:13 a.m.

How do a score of 92.75% in gamerankings, tons of content, excellent character rooster, the title of best fighting game of 2008 (if not the best game)and one of the best multiplayers of the generation create a fail if you excuse me?
  • festerblatz82 - April 28, 2012 8:28 a.m.

You here instead of PC Gamer Lucas? If so, bring back TalkRadar! You Hank and Mikel!
  • talleyXIV - April 27, 2012 9:19 p.m.

I don't know what I am trying to say... actually i do. All of Nintendo's characters fit together, they even made Snake work somehow. But Sony's characters are so diverse that it is kind of just looks weird to me. Sackboy vs. Kratos? It just feels awkward. I think this game will be decent but Smash Bros. will always be the game for friendly fighting, the characters just feel right.
  • BladedFalcon - April 27, 2012 11:49 p.m.

I have to agree here. Tonally, all of Nintendo characters fit together well, with only Samus being kinda more of a serious character. (But not serious enough to come across as creepy or disturbing) But yeah... Sony's characters have tonalities all over the place. One one hand you have a cutely animated anthropomorphic rapper dog, a raccoon burglar, and an obese pink dressed princess... And then you have a glowy red eyes nazi/stormtooper looking general. A psychopathic clown with his head on fire, and a murderous, remorseless Greek God who's most famous for brutally dismembering his enemies and shagging women all over the place. No matter how you slice it, you're doing both sides a disservice. The more adult characters are toned down to remain kid friendly, but their appearances and attitude still look disturbing, specially when you think that what you are seeing, is a fight between a soldier using grenades and a sniper rifle... against a rapper dog using a skateboard ._. It also amuses me that, really, Kratos fits faaar better on the Mortal Kombat game, than in this one XD
  • bebl09 - April 28, 2012 9:17 a.m.

Radec's a Colonel. Just sayin' ;)
  • BladedFalcon - April 28, 2012 9:44 a.m.

Right, goofed on my part. *shrugs* the point is that he's a high ranking military type :P
  • shawksta - April 28, 2012 10:55 a.m.

Thats Cross-over's for you BladedFalcon, its their job to have them altogether no matter how awkward it is. If anything, one of the major reasons why Nintendo's fighter's fit so much together, is also because the everyone is the same realistic cartoony style that brawl had. While here, everyone (save for Fat princess as she was 2D) is the same style as they were in their games, making it even more awkward. You forgot Ike, Samus and her games ARE more serious than him, but still Ike is technically in a serious realistic standing unlike Marth who originated in kid friendly 2D art, but your point still stands, just wanted to throw that out.
  • eleventy70 - April 28, 2012 12:23 p.m.

oh... you know.. Snake isn't serious at all pshhhhhhh :/
  • Nap1400 - April 28, 2012 3:42 p.m.

Actually it's the fact that he's totally serious that lets him fit right in. As long as the game has one guy that's serious like Snake is, it adds to the diverse and less-than-serious cast. Take too many serious characters like this game seems to be doing, though...
  • talleyXIV - April 28, 2012 5:05 p.m.

First I'd like to say that I am glad so many people agree with me. Second I have to reply to elventy70. Snake is completely serious but Nintendo actually made him fit in quite well. By making him look a little more animated and adding some humor to him. I.E. The video where they introduced him into Brawl, he hid in a box and then if I remember correctly, Otacon calls him and asks him if he wants to join Smash Bros. and he is actually already there hiding in a box. I don't know... Nintendo just does it somehow. They are the best at making oddities amazing both financially and critically. This game just looks so strange...
  • BrunDeign - April 27, 2012 8:18 p.m.

I found your comparisons to be very spot on. I wonder who else from the Smash Bros. roster will get aped? And woo boy. You definitely A) need some coffee or B) should try harder to not sound like you're just reading this from a script.
  • RonnyLive19881 - April 27, 2012 8:08 p.m.

Wow, Sony is always finding new ways to hit a new low Lmao I though they hit rock bottom by ripping off the Wii Remote but now they cloned the game that easily gathers the most hype from Nintendo fans like they just couldn't. It was cute seeing Sony counter Mario with Little Big Planet, Mario Kart with Mod Nation Racers and Little Big Planet Karting, Zelda with 3D Dot Heroes and Wii Sports with Move Sports... it seemed almost legit because most of them have user generated content(although all of the best user made levels are recreated Nintendo levels or even recreated indie game levels Lol) But after watching that video, see how move for move... even the physics and the way the camera catches the action, heck even to an extent the graphics(it looks like a Wii game, I'd go as far as to say Brawl looks better, like Sony purposely made the game look bad mocking Nintendo some how) has been copied... Damn, I'm damn near ashamed to own a PS3 right now, or to even have fallen for Sony's past consoles. If it wasn't for their creative side which I can't ignore as a gamer, I'd like to take a hammer to my PS3. Damn those developers for not choosing the better company Lol