• Scoob - April 7, 2011 6:10 p.m.

@GRMatt: Pretty much took the words out of my mouth. Everybody who says Justin is wrong is wrong. And I ask them this: How do you approach fighting games? Sports games? Do you pick your one character/team, play through the game in 15 minutes and put it down? Pilotwings is about the time trials and such, and perfecting them. Maybe the market isn't into this kind of product anymore. With games being as cheap as they are, and titles as numerous as they are, there really isn't much time to master a game like many of us gamers have in the 80s and 90s.
  • Spybreak8 - April 7, 2011 6:25 p.m.

So basically relate it to Peggle, a game you could beat almost in one sitting but takes long to master.
  • jalbers - April 7, 2011 6:59 p.m.

Thanks for posting this. After hearing everyone talk about how quick it was to finish the game I was beginning to think my coordination was handicapped.
  • LBD_Nytetrayn - April 7, 2011 8:23 p.m.

I agree with the article, in that you certainly need to play with certain goals in mind beyond mere "completion" to get the most out of the game.
  • shawksta - April 7, 2011 10:40 p.m.

Totally agree
  • Floolf - April 7, 2011 10:54 p.m.

How come your eyes and head havent exploded from all the hours you've spent on 3ds :D /sarcasm On a serious note I have a 3ds and it's probably the best thing I've bought in ages! On topic I might sell street fighter and get this instead looks good! Been playin Mario 64 ds on 3ds with that beautiful circle pad - it's aces!!
  • ViolentLee - April 7, 2011 11:43 p.m.

I disagree that a game is "beaten" when someone accomplishes the bare minimum. At the same time, I disagree that one needs to get 100% to consider a game "beaten." There are very few games I'd consider having received 100% on -- Zelda: Minish Cap, Shadow Complex, Super Mario World, and Super Metroid come to mind.
  • BrokenCartridge - April 8, 2011 2:47 a.m.

I don't necessarily agree or disagree with you completely, but you shouldn't have to be a perfectionist in order to get gameplay time for any game. It took me 2 hours to get 3 stars on every mission and I have absolutely no intention on going back to get a perfect on every mission. Why? Because that wouldn't be fun for me. I don't see the point in doing that, and the free flight mode, which I tried after completion of the game, got boring for me after I played it for 30 minutes...I flew around the island and collected some stuff with different vehicles, and it was neat the first couple of rounds of it....but the novelty quickly wore off for me. Ok, I explored this island I get it. Sure you may say that I'm "playing it wrong" by not getting a perfect score on everything or by not exploring every nook and cranny that Wuhu Island has to offer, but I say if it isn't fun to do all that, for me, then why play it that way to begin with? I gave the game a decent shot, I didn't plow through the courses, I got 3 Stars on every mission, yet it still failed to deliver an experience that lasted over 2 hours. The game lacks content for anyone who isn't going to go for the "perfect" score.
  • Lionzest7 - April 8, 2011 3:36 a.m.

I side with you on this, if only other people stopped buying up games and assuming they have to be 12 + hours to take on their time. Although something I don't fully agree with, because I don't think its that acceptable to have to spend 40-60$ on something that gyps you. If you're not really interested. I'd say it kind of sucks though if you're totally uninterested after beating it, it kind of sucks to be only 2-3 hours in actual length.
  • philipshaw - April 8, 2011 2:41 p.m.

I can see his point but I'm not one for chasing high scores or trying to master a game so for me this game would be 2-3 hours and I would be done
  • talleyXIV - December 14, 2011 12:42 p.m.

If it sold for like $20 I would be really into it. When you are getting bored of Zelda you pop in Pilot Wings for a bit and fly around. Then go back to Zelda.