• TheUsernameYouSelectedIsAvailable - April 7, 2011 2:06 p.m.

Its a double edged sword though...I for one get very bored in open world games and have to actively push myself to get to the next story point and not get side tracked on crap, cos if I do and lose track / interest in the story I never get around to finishing it, which in my opinion is much more of a shame. Maybe its just cos as live commitments get more I cant justify dicking around for 15 hours looking for that rare marmot to hunt. So typically I concentrate on the story and see how the game grips me. If it did a good job then I will go back to it and clear up all the other stuff and really get stuck into the meat of it. If after the story it was meh, I move on. Maybe that guy thought pilot wings was not his cup of tea and not worth more of his time. Trophies and Achievement points are a big motivator to get the most out of your games and should be applauded.
  • Aletheon - April 7, 2011 1:42 p.m.

I completely agree with this. Pilotwings has plenty of 'game' if you are playing it right. I know some gamers don't like to be told they are playing a game wrong, but truthfully, many of them do and then they make unfair complaints about the game and the vicious cycle continues.....
  • Redeater - April 7, 2011 1:37 p.m.

I don't know why but for some reason I read (but Cundy's daughter 'accidentally' deleted) and expected it to be (but Cundy's 'daughter' accidentally deleted). Ah T'dar. That said I have to completely agree. Take Super Scribblenauts for example. I'm sure I could have blown through it in about an hour or two but I played every bit of that game and it was worth it. What would you rather do? Play great levels and having fun trying to perfect them? Or play terrible tacted on levels just for the sake of length?
  • claytonmiller - April 7, 2011 1:31 p.m.

I think it's worth mentioning that for each time (day, evening, night), a number of the information nodes have different descriptions (not sure how many). However, I would still love to have a PW:64 remake for the 3DS. PW:Resort just made me want to play that more than ever. I guess I could go back and try to get perfect on all the missions, but I'll have to wait until the schoolwork dies down a bit.
  • therawski - April 7, 2011 1:23 p.m.

This is the best 3ds launch title!
  • SadFace - April 7, 2011 12:45 p.m.

I hate blasting through a game, I take my sweet sweet time. Kudos, glad you enjoyed it.
  • SillyPigeon - April 7, 2011 12:40 p.m.

I agree whole heartedly with this article. I've completed free flight mode and got 3 stars on every level except the diamond missions. Took me 13 glorious hours! It's a bit like people that say angry birds is to easy. Yeah getting 1 star is easy, getting 3 stars requires a lot of effort. Pilotwings is a beautiful experiance. Must buy if you have a 3DS.
  • HankVenture - April 7, 2011 12:30 p.m.

I can't believe a Gamesradar Editor just told people they were playing the game wrong... Gotta say, one of the few times I disagree with Gamesradar, but I do understand the reasoning. I just don't think people should be told they are playing the game wrong, they are playing it the way they want to play so it can't be wrong, maybe just less satisfying. But I'm not here to betch.
  • Baron164 - April 7, 2011 12:19 p.m.

Not having an unlimited flight mode is a bummer. In Pilotwings 64 that was my favorite mode, just flying around the continent with the jetpack exploring every nook and cranny of that world. It's also why Pilotwings 64 is still my favorite iteration of that franchise.
  • zackotto - April 7, 2011 12:15 p.m.

Your mii looks like me.
  • sirdilznik - April 7, 2011 12:12 p.m.

I haven't played Pilotwings yet but I can see your point Justin. I like many types of games but I'm a RPG junkie at heart. while some people rush to finish the main quest as quickly as possible, I always strive to complete as many side quests as possible, talk to all the different NPCs, read every book in the game I can get my hands on and learn the lore of the land. People wind up finishing games in 15 hours while I play that same exact game for 40+ hours. 23 hours certainly sounds respectable enough, though it pales in comparison to the 36+ hours I've already sunk into Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars and I've still got some campaign left plus I've yet to touch the skirmishes and challenges. I'll probably wind up sinking 80+ hours into it when all is said and done. Anyway it's good to hear about the length of Pilotwings since the reports of its brevity had me concerned.