Topics

editorial

• DickSingh666 - August 28, 2013 6:54 p.m.

LOL this is hilarious. The point of a handheld is portability. That ain't portable, if people can say this is portable, no one should be complaining about the Vita. Vita is the competition, and as much of an amazing piece of hardware it is, it is not comfortable to hold, simply because it is flat. Nintendo should have learned from this. This is sad.
  • SpadesSlick - August 28, 2013 6:11 p.m.

It looks like a 3DS that got melted together in the sun. Unaesthetic as fuck.
  • liquidhouston - August 28, 2013 5:47 p.m.

OK maybe there's a 2D version of X & Y coming out because of this? (and please correct me on this if necessary) If not, I'm sorry nintendo, I am charting this down as the stupidest idea I've ever heard. That or nintendo have decided in lieu of competing with other companies they're going to make their own hardware and software divisions fight to the death... Because no one likes money. Also awesome article
  • liquidhouston - August 28, 2013 5:54 p.m.

Wait I thought about it for 20 seconds after I posted and realised how stupid that sounded... My bad Still looks like crap though...
  • GamesRadarCollanderCooper - August 28, 2013 5:33 p.m.

It looks like a slice of toast
  • GamesRadarCollanderCooper - August 28, 2013 5:24 p.m.

Anyone else notice that Nintendo exclusively makes games for kids, but only grown men play them?
  • shawksta - August 28, 2013 6:11 p.m.

Dont go there.
  • ParagonT - August 28, 2013 4:57 p.m.

"or scratch it while twerking to their One Direction CD," The plot thickens.
  • GoldenEagle1476 - August 28, 2013 4:57 p.m.

I don't think the idea itself is bad (I hardly ever use the 3D function on my 3DS), but the design is simply horrible.
  • supaMcnugget - August 28, 2013 4:30 p.m.

At first I didn't even realize that the 2DS was real. I thought it was just a funny internet joke.....but then it slowly dawned on me that Nintendo actually MADE this thing. The thing about the clamshell design of all the past DS's is this: 1. It protected the screens from being scratched from falls or day-to-day use. 2. It proved to allow the DS's to be very portable. 3. It also made them comfortable to hold. This design, however, eliminates all those benefits. I'm not sure if I can imagine how uncomfortable using the touch screen on this device would be (imagine playing Kid Icarus..............ugh). Sure, the better battery life and cheap price are bonuses.....but I like my 3D! I think this thing will either do extremely well and Nintendo will prove us all wrong OR it will tank. Hard.
  • julyfire94 - August 28, 2013 6:14 p.m.

I thought that exact same thing. Went to YouTube, first video on the trending page, 2DS announcement. I laughed until I saw that it was published by Nintendo. Then I was just confused. I still thought it was a joke until the end of the video when they announced the release date and price. Then I facepalmed.
  • jedisamurai - August 28, 2013 3:53 p.m.

I wanted one right up until the moment I saw that it doesn't fold. If it folded and had better battery life I would seriously consider getting one for my wife. But this.... There's a reason I don't own a 3DS or Wii U. They look more like unfinished hardware experiments than state-of-the-art products. Guess I'll go back to my original plan and buy a PSP at the end of the year. It's a shame....
  • watevermanimlost - August 28, 2013 3:17 p.m.

A console that is designed for children under 7 and or people who don't want 3d but still wanna play the games like Pokémon..... Hmmm you guys are right this is the worst Idea every I mean its not like kids like to play pokemon or anything and parents don't want to save money buying a cheaper device.... Nintendo really screwed up on this one.....
  • JarkayColt - August 28, 2013 3:43 p.m.

Yeah, but... Pokémon. Pocket Monsters. Pocket. Try putting an open 3DS in your pocket. It doesn't work. This thing is almost the same size. Those monsters ain't going anywhere, which defeats the entire point. Nintendo will probably have to rebrand it to Bagémon or Onthebackofthecarseatémon.
  • watevermanimlost - August 28, 2013 6:10 p.m.

Why would you put in your pocket in the first place.... I mean the 3ds is small and all. But I don't think it would fit in the pocket of a 7 year old anyways. Those kids keep getting smaller. Plus the most I ever played Pokémon (or any other game) when I was small was in the back of the car..... driving across the US. I don't see the problem. (Besides it being called pocket monsters.... good one by the way)
  • julyfire94 - August 28, 2013 6:17 p.m.

I understand your point, however, I just looked and I can buy a brand new 3DS at Walmart for only $40 more. Its not like it is a huge price cut or anything.
  • watevermanimlost - August 28, 2013 6:23 p.m.

Yes which means you can get a full priced new game plus the system for the same price as a regular 3ds..... so I think that's worth it if you fall with in the marketing category.
  • winner2 - August 28, 2013 2:18 p.m.

It looks like that 4 billion $ of nintendo's went to some hard ass drugs
  • GamesRadarCollanderCooper - August 28, 2013 5:21 p.m.

^underrated reply
  • DickSingh666 - August 28, 2013 6:41 p.m.

LOL