• taokaka - December 19, 2013 6:09 p.m.

Fantastic list and I'm glad you didn't try to shoehorn okami (wii) into the list, okami has gotten so much attention from these types of lists that I'm pretty sure it can no longer be called overlooked because whenever somebody says the word "underrated" okami isn't far behind.
  • GenderBender_9000 - December 19, 2013 5:48 p.m.

Good list. I've played a good handfull of these. But a lot of them I've never even heard of. But I think you guys forgot to put Two Worlds Two, Tenchu Z, and Lair on the list.
  • JMarsella09 - December 19, 2013 5:47 p.m.

Add Rule of Rose and Haunted Ground, and this list is good.
  • Talvari - December 19, 2013 5:25 p.m.

So many good games on this list that are indeed overlooked :( Nier still stands out to me because it's one of the only games i played this generation that caused me to get all emotional. The music coupled with certain events in the game...hot damn :( Also Valkyria chronicles is such a good game! Also I remember going into a local GAME shop and buying Little Kings Story when i was 17 and i got strange looks from the employee at the counter, suckers missing out on one of the better games on the Wii imo. Resonance of Fate is also a really fantastic game that's been criminally overlooked because of Final Fantasy 13 if i recall, which is a shame because while i enjoyed 13, RoF is better than it in terms of story, customization and gameplay :| Great list!
  • Vonter - December 19, 2013 6:06 p.m.

That's a wedding I'll never forget. Escuse me... ;_;
  • jedisamurai - December 19, 2013 5:20 p.m.

Uhhhh.... Child of Eden always had gamepad support. I first beat the game using a gamepad. I only tried it with connect many months later when I bought one. The way to play that game is to use a gamepad and some headphones with heavy bass...
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - December 19, 2013 5:16 p.m.

Lost Odyssey <333
  • vermicelli - December 19, 2013 5 p.m.

Glad you guys listed Splatterhouse. One of the best games of this generation. Critics deserve a slap for not giving it a fair go..
  • Vonter - December 19, 2013 4:21 p.m.

Lack of Mother 3 disturbs me. I know I know, but it still was in this generation's time frame. Coming as the last great GBA game, that is one of the best stories I have experienced, and even after playing in it 2008 (I know its from 2006 but play it way after) I still feel it. Deadly Creature is an experience, clunky and jarring that it looks is one of the very few games where you control non humanoid characters, it also had several strong silent moments that changes adds to the immersion of playing as an animal.
  • GR HollanderCooper - December 19, 2013 5:14 p.m.

The fact that it didn't release in the US is what held it off the list (and that it wasn't released on last-gen's hardware). But believe me, it's not overlooked in our hearts--or in our BEST GAMES EVER list: http://www.gamesradar.com/best-games-ever/
  • Vonter - December 19, 2013 5:48 p.m.

Oh sweet! <3 Thanks for telling. Because Mother 3 and Shadow of the Colossus I think are games that must be played in some moment of a gamer's life. Still you put Nier which is also a very emotional game. I hope Drakengard 3 continues with a strong story and if not, the soundtrack will still be worth it.
  • garnsr - December 19, 2013 4:11 p.m.

I've played a pretty good chunk of these, and the ones I haven't played I've heard of, but I'm not interested in them. Several of these are PS3 games from before trophies were implemented, which make it feel like you're wasting time somehow, even though the games are good.
  • TurokJr - December 19, 2013 4:01 p.m.

House of the Dead: Overkill is the second best selling game of the serie (HotD: 2&3 on the Wii is the 1st) and when ported to PS3 didn't sell well. Is not the Wii, is the serie which doesn't seem much popular. So Wii was not the problem. BUT THE HISTORY OF AMAZING WII GAMES BEAT UP BY CASUAL GAMES IS SAAAD
  • GR HollanderCooper - December 19, 2013 5:14 p.m.

Heartbreak, heartbreak.
  • Corsair89 - December 19, 2013 3:57 p.m.

I seem to like niche titles because I've played 34 out of the 100 on the list. Some rank amongst my favorite games of all time including: Valkyria Chronicles, Ace Attorney Investigations, Enslaved, Tales of Vesperia, The World Ends With You, Lost Odyssey, Ghost Trick and 999.
  • jedisamurai - December 21, 2013 8:51 a.m.

You sir, have excellent taste in games.
  • g1rldraco7 - December 19, 2013 3:57 p.m.

I own about 11 or 12 of these games. note to self, need to beat them and I think Shadows of the Damned and Splatterhouse deserve a sequel, cliffhangers suck :(
  • BlueBoboDoo100 - December 19, 2013 3:50 p.m.

Almost All of these that I've heard of, I agree with. The World Ends With You and Days of Ruin are easily two of my favorite DS games and have the best music on the system. I really only disagree with Heavenly Sword. It felt like something thousands of games had done before, and at least a hundred of those games did it better. I'd definitely add PS AllStars Battle Royale. As a competitive Smash Bros. player, it's definitely good enough to tide me over till the next Smash. Also, Kid Icarus Uprising. I know it's fairly popular, but still not nearly as much as it should be. It's the best game on the 3DS and it blows me away every time I play it. Best multiplayer on 3DS next to Mario Kart, too.
  • jedisamurai - December 21, 2013 8:56 a.m.

Having bought a PS3 quite a while after it came out, I was genuinely shocked by how good the game is and how under-appreciated it is. Are there lots of crazy-meelee 3D hack-and-slash games with "press x not to die" mini-games? Yes there are. But this game...is something special. It has some of the most beautiful graphics I've ever seen. Not just detailed. Beautiful. The voice acting, facial animation, and motion capture and astounding. The plot is as good as any blockbuster movie. The gameplay is deep, and incredibly fun. There is a lack of frustration and a real sense of progression. The sound mixing, music, and interface are flawless. In short, I think it is one of the best games I've ever played. I traded in Force Unleashed 1 and 2 after beating them, but I don't see myself ever doing that with Heavenly Sword. The game is just too good.
  • Rojoco - December 19, 2013 3:42 p.m.

Pretty sure Child of Eden *did* have a non-movement based control scheme. Seem to remember playing it with a standard dualshock in hand.