Topics

Best games

• dayna-barret - September 22, 2013 11:54 a.m.

My 19yr old son got me hooked on Sky rim a week ago. Now I am rushing my homework so i can play it until 4 a.m. The roles have switched and he is lecturing me about going to bed at a decent time. Love it!
  • sephex - September 22, 2013 3:59 a.m.

This list just doesn't make much sense. What addicting is is a totally subjective matter. What you like is probably an addicting game...to you.
  • TheGooseinator - September 21, 2013 10:46 p.m.

I think Terraria and Minecraft both kind of satisfy the "build anything" open world slot on the list, so either one could probably be swapped out for the same spot. I guess Minecraft just comes to mind first.
  • Fhiend - September 21, 2013 2:30 p.m.

No Terraria?!? List of FAIL!!!!
  • Jennero_Rossi - September 21, 2013 1:46 p.m.

Diablo 2 over 3 all day.
  • Verenitz - September 20, 2013 11:09 p.m.

Guilty of Civ. Start playing at 9pm and next thing you know it is 4am and it is getting light outside...
  • Eightboll812 - September 20, 2013 11:22 p.m.

Shudder...that was exactly what it was like for me too. And prior to it getting light, there were at least 10 "this is my last turn" moments. And sometimes, I'd still even keep playing at that point.
  • Scoob - September 20, 2013 11:48 p.m.

My first intro to the series was Alpha Centauri. But yeah, if I didn't randomly get video card driver crashes in a Civ V game when moving to leader screens I would be playing it for days strait.
  • Craza - September 21, 2013 12:34 a.m.

I remember waking up at all hours of the morning to see my dad still out on the back porch playing Civ 3 and Call 2 Power. Years later, I'm doing the same with Civ 5, and so is he.
  • talleyXIV - September 20, 2013 10:55 p.m.

I can never get off of Mario Kart.
  • selfdestruct94 - September 20, 2013 7:35 p.m.

No Tetris? Really? Ok....
  • C.King - September 20, 2013 5:30 p.m.

knew pokemon was gonna hit the mark surprised ssb didn't list
  • slimjim441 - September 20, 2013 5:05 p.m.

This list started off completely uninteresting to me. It got progressively worse going into the games I despise with nearly every fiber of my being. Then... a wild Pokemon appeared. ^_^
  • R0v3R25 - September 20, 2013 4:30 p.m.

i scored at least 278 hours in skyrim and know im not playing it any sice SO many other awesome games had game out so a pearson can get bored of some games. just saying P.S:good list
  • megamanandkirby64 - September 20, 2013 4:27 p.m.

Super Smash Bros. and Tetris need to be on here.
  • Shnubby - September 20, 2013 2:04 p.m.

I personally put a LOT more hours into San Andreas than I did in GTA IV, mainly because San Andreas had SO MANY CHEATS that allowed you to keep having fun for ages, even after the game was over. GTA IV still had cheats but it simply wasn't the same.
  • shawksta - September 20, 2013 1:46 p.m.

If you guys brought this article back to update with GTA V, you forgot to :P Also neat list but my backlog is always clogged because the one thing I do once I start my computer is TF2. It is just so free form, all the mods and all the game modes and unique classes make it really never ending fun, and unlike the other addictive game into really into(league) I can leave and enter as I please, I'm loving League of Legends but its whole "stick to the entire end" leaves me to only play it when I know I won't be disturbed and I'm a guy whose constantly doing stuff.
  • TheMariner - August 26, 2013 6:56 p.m.

I dunno. After Guild Wars 2 came out, I never went back to WoW.
  • ~LanceR. - August 11, 2013 11:42 p.m.

I would like to add Battlefield 3, and any Tales of. game :)
  • TheMariner - August 26, 2013 6:53 p.m.

I'd second the Tales series.