Topics

Best games

• matt-bovender - December 9, 2014 7:57 p.m.

Diablo 2 15 years strong
  • paul-blackman - November 3, 2014 9:38 p.m.

How can any list of the most addictive games not include Tetris?
  • anubis44 - October 24, 2014 10:53 p.m.

You uttery missed four of biggest time wasters of my life: 4) Age of Empires (all of them!) 3) Diablo 2 (though you did mention it obliquely under the Diablo 3 entry) 2) Company of Heroes/Company of Heroes 2 (currently the only game I really play very much anymore, it's that addictive) 1) Unreal Tournament! This game consumed not hours, not days, not even merely weeks of my life, but months!! To say it was an obsession would be an understatement. I can STILL hear the announcer calling out over the speakers of the 3 cable-modem-equipped gaming computers (remember, this was 1999!) I had set-up in a room at my house with me and two friends playing: 'Double-kill!', 'Multi-kill!', 'Monnnssstttteeeeerrrrrrrr-kill!!!!' and 'God-like!' more than 14 years after I stopped playing it. And no online multiplayer game has ever been as smooth or satisfying as that game was. The weapons were fantastically brutal, and it even had a tactical nuclear missile you could walk around with and launch at a cluster of enemies and vaporize dozens of foes at a time. Thoroughly satisfying in a way no online FPS has ever been since.
  • adrian07ch - November 16, 2014 1:37 p.m.

I have to completely agree to you on the first one. Unreal Tournament is by far the king of multiplayer gaming.
  • Rasakno - October 24, 2014 11:22 a.m.

Fallout 3 & NV
  • tyler_14_420 - October 22, 2014 12:41 p.m.

Where is Harvest Moon? That game seriously sucks my time away.
  • JohnnyNashville - October 21, 2014 10:02 p.m.

Horrible "all time" list that doesn't actually consider "all time." No PacMan? Are you freaking kidding me? That game invented video-game addiction.
  • Borei - October 8, 2014 6:32 p.m.

How can you have a list of addictive games without RuneScape? So many people try, and fail, to leave the game. They decide, I'm done with this. It's not for me, anymore. They go away for a few hours, and then they're right back on.
  • mecherin - October 8, 2014 4:06 p.m.

Rust, Fallout, ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC
  • azul-patton - October 1, 2014 6:19 p.m.

3000 hours on Fallout.
  • supersonicdave - September 29, 2014 12:27 p.m.

Space Engineers 1200 hrs and counting
  • JayDee - September 24, 2014 3:13 p.m.

How are you going to tell me plants v zombies, angry birds, and candy crush made this list but there's no sign of 'Fallout', 'Morrowind', or 'XCOM'. Not to mention Mario 64, smash Bros, Mario kart and party, pacman etc. In an "all time" list?
  • Dankilicious - September 24, 2014 2:46 p.m.

starcraft easily has been the most addicting game for me personally been playing it for like 4 years coming from the very bottom to the very top of the ladder and it still hasn't gotten old for me.
  • lordshinjuku - September 24, 2014 1:07 p.m.

Havent put much time into any of those games and don't plan on going back to any of them. The one game I would hv to put on the list is final fantasy XI
  • matthew-tiny-tim-timmons - September 24, 2014 12:13 p.m.

Destiny will be on this list eventually
  • Eluminas - September 20, 2014 10:20 p.m.

Clash of Clans.... enough said
  • mary-nelson - September 18, 2014 9:28 a.m.

"Of all time," it says, before listing a bunch of recent games. A better way to have done this list? Look up the games that proved so addictive they resulted in real-world deaths or hospitalizations. Someone played Starcraft for so long it killed him. Tetris proved so addictive it resulted in hallucinations. Not a well-done list.
  • Mewmew34 - September 15, 2014 12:50 a.m.

Villainous crime lord raccoon? I don't get why people think Nook is so evil. How many other people will let you take all the time you want to repay a loan without ever charging interest? In the first few games you do a few menial tasks to pay off a small portion of the debt for your house, and then you're free to take all the time you wish to pay off the rest. In the real world you'd lose your house if you don't make payments of a certain amount every single month. You could go YEARS without paying Nook a dime and he'll never bother you about it.
  • waddledee385 - September 2, 2014 2:05 p.m.

Geometry dash: A smartphone game with stunning music, tough levels, and...Just when you think you can move on, there's a secret coin that you missed, causing you to play 200 more times. Now, multiply that by 20.
  • kent-leonhart - August 17, 2014 6:39 a.m.

My lists goes like this: 1. Call of Duty 2. Call of Duty 2 3. Call of Duty 3 4. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 5. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 6. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 7. Call of Duty: World At War 8. Call of Duty: Black Ops 9. Call of Duty: Black Ops II 10. Call of Duty: Ghosts 11. Call of Duty: Advance Warfare