• Redeater - June 27, 2012 8:15 a.m.

I loved everything about the first one except for the stealth. I found it to be completely broken and cheap (enemies knowing EXACTLY where I was and shooting at me even though I they couldn't have known my location). Any word of the sequel addressing this? Also, rationing my air filters was one of my favorite parts of the original. I wish more games made you carefully manage your resources like that one.
  • SDHoneymonster - June 27, 2012 3:20 a.m.

I loved Metro 2033 - it was a bit ropey technically at times, but it had an atmosphere that was all its own, gave you almost complete freedom as to how to approach it and a couple of fantastic set-pieces. The library section and how you deal with the enemies in there (I won't give away more than that) in particular, was superb, and the best bit about it was that it didn't hold your hand - if you missed the bit of dialogue explaining how to do it, you probably didn't know about it! There a couple of absolutely stunning quiet moments too - just walking along a tunnel with a companion early in the game is as likely to be your highlight as some frantic shootout. However, I know we're talking about it not being a typical shooter, but I do feel the shooting mechanics need to be better. I feel they were deliberately a bit unsatisfactory in order to push you more towards the stealth side of the game, but it'd be nice if the guns packed more of a punch. Was there any sign of this in what you saw David?
  • GR_DavidHoughton - June 27, 2012 3:53 a.m.

Absolutely. I totally agree with you on the somewhat ropey gunplay and stealth, and 4A are totally open about those problems. They seem to be heavily addressing both of them this time around with slicker, more satisfying-looking combat and better enemy AI to improve the shooting and the sneaking.
  • DannyMB - June 27, 2012 3:20 a.m.

Delaware... Im in Delaware...
  • forestfire55 - June 27, 2012 3:19 a.m.

Also, i dont mean to be a prick, but there is a typo. Second page, second paragraph, end of first line, it says "a a" just a simple repeat, we all do it it.
  • forestfire55 - June 27, 2012 3:12 a.m.

I have been waiting so long for a survival horror thats not rpg. I love rpg's, there have just been alot of rps's lately
  • Mooshon - June 27, 2012 2:50 a.m.

It had me at 'post-apocalyptic', but I'm easy like that.
  • PinkoCommunist - June 27, 2012 2:32 a.m.

Please don't put Metro and COD in the same article they are two different kind of games and that's just putting down the Metro game
  • Hyperion - June 27, 2012 6:45 a.m.

did you even read it? the whole point of this article was to say how metro is going to be nothing like cod.
  • Zeos - June 27, 2012 2:24 a.m.

Sounds awesome, really makes me want to pick up a copy of the first game that I have yet to play.