• Ravenbom - October 27, 2011 11 a.m.

Just what the world wanted: another game that doesn't need multiplayer to justify the $60 investment tacking on dull multiplayer.
  • Marcunio88 - October 27, 2011 10:46 a.m.

I'm actually fairly interested in giving the multiplayer a go. I'm not playing it until I've finished the campaign though, because I just know some jackass is going to spoil the ending for me otherwise.
  • Ultimadrago - October 27, 2011 10:45 a.m.

Tacked on. I'll keep the single-player experience, TYVM.
  • kylemulderick - October 27, 2011 10:37 a.m.

Being one of those obsessive compulsive 100% ME crackpots, I will be doing everything possible to avoid stepping into the putrid, cancerous MP waters. Regardless, everything about this multiplayer crap reeks of EA making Bioware superglue it to the side of the box just to claim they have it. Jebus help them if there are any MP achievements...
  • mockraven - October 27, 2011 10:58 a.m.

I'm with you about the MP aspect possibly being forced on by EA. The publisher has been pushing "MP is the way of the future" crap for over a year now. I just hope that I get that satisfying feeling of knowing that what I choose to do in the story *does* have consequence (whether good or bad) when things are all said and done. That was what I liked best about ME2.
  • kylemulderick - October 27, 2011 11:09 a.m.

EA pulled the same stunt in Dead Space 2. Did ANYONE bother with that? There's another point to be made; specifically to all the "Don't play it if you don't like it" pundits. Mass Effect was, at least now it is, one of the only triple-A titles on the market that was MP free. There are people, whose numbers I personally am humbled to see swell as greatly as this at EA's actions, who don't care for or about MP. We want deeply detailed stories, well crafted sets, complex and memorable characters (Garrus!!). To hell with "pwning noobs" and all that bs. We had all of that in Mass Effect single player. It was our last bastion. Now it's gone. Something I and my fellow ME fans zealously treasured and guarded has be taken from us. That's why we are all pissed off..
  • XanderGC - October 27, 2011 10:35 a.m.

I have never ever thought about having multiplayer in Mass Effect, so it begs the question: Did players ask for MP in ME or is it EA sticking their paws into ME's direction?
  • MyCoolWhiteLies - October 27, 2011 10:17 a.m.

I don't really care much about this multiplayer. I'm more worried about the Single Player and how this "War Assets" system will work. It seems like the ending of this game won't really take into account the decisions you've made throughout the series. It seems that all those decisions will simply add up, piecemeal, to simply reach some "Galactic Readiness" level. That just seems like the most simple, easy, and boring way to handle all of the decisions made thus far in the series. It's basically just a weird form of experience grinding and leveling up. With this being the last game, I was really hoping that the decisions would have more dramatic branching effect on the story, now that they don't need to worry about future games having to follow up. This, however, really doesn't seem like it will be the case.
  • veryweirdguy - October 27, 2011 10 a.m.

I'm actually interested in playing this a wee bit with some of my friends, but it doesn't seem like a necessary requirement for the overall experience. It's baffling, but I'll certainly give it a shot. I think there's been too much focus on this multiplayer aspect lately (not by GR, by everyone). Worst case scenario: the multiplayer is forgettable and tacked on, but I'm confident that the single player will still be an outstanding experience.
  • bigwill1221 - October 27, 2011 9:36 a.m.

What's controversial about it?... not a forced feature
  • lazer59882 - October 27, 2011 11:06 a.m.

the fact that there is absolutely no possible way to tack multiplayer on a singleplayer game and have the SP aspect suffer for it.
  • Darth_Griffin - October 27, 2011 9:26 a.m.

I have a sneaking suspicion that BioWare is putting some kind of super secret ending for the players who do EVERYTHING possible in the single player campaign AND do all the multiplayer maps. I mean, why else put this in if it can be bypassed completely? There has to be a reward for it.
  • Manguy17 - October 27, 2011 9:42 a.m.

So they can fill the Multiplayer checkbox on the back back on the box.
  • db1331 - October 27, 2011 9:53 a.m.

Yup. I'll treat this just like the MP in GTA IV, RDR, Dead Space 2, BioShock 2, and Uncharted 2. I'll shake my head each time I see "Multiplayer" on the main menu on my way to the single player.
  • KolbitosFruitJuice - October 27, 2011 11:44 a.m.

Word. This is undoubtedly a marketing ploy by EA, but as long as the single player is stellar, I couldn't give a damn. Single player will be where it's at, but I would be lying if I said I'm not excited to play as a Krogan and a Drell.
  • Hydr0ponicK - October 27, 2011 12:12 p.m.

That's too bad...RDR and Uncharted 2 were pretty fun playing online. I didn't mind the MP being added to ME but now it just seems boring. Enemy waves....really? Thought they would have some co-op missions with substance.