• mappa-artista - September 20, 2013 9:55 a.m.

Though I shiver at the thought of a reboot over the final chapter of the original tale, if nothing else because it will take far too much time and still leave the original story unfinished, I admit it might be a solution. Still, there are two things that whoever makes this, as well as the fans of the series must remember and never let go: 1) That no matter what people will compare it to the original, so they should strive for something that surpassess it without being unrecognizable. 2) That in a story that relies so heavily on intrigue, deception and twists for it to have the same impact the changes they need to make in the plot and the twists will have to be colossal.
  • brian-herrera - May 30, 2013 10:11 a.m.

There really only one the first one Blood omen legacy of Kain. Just scrap all of the others and dump all the money and time into it. Or make new ones about Kain not Raziel. I want more of what made the it great and that was not Raziel and his story.
  • nya-taylor - May 14, 2013 9:41 a.m.

Also, I know there's 10, but I'm adding one because this is very important: Do not, I repeat, DO NOT hire Ninja Theory, please.
  • bradley-kenny - July 17, 2012 7:26 a.m.

i would like to see better puzzles as they were so easy in the other games. also instead of gliding why not have some proper flight time to give the player a proper vampire experience. the voice cast has to stay the same otherwise the game is ruined but perhaps they should retake some parts of the story line and redo them to make the game more fun. E.g. give kain wings instead of raziel or give them both wings. Nosgoth has to be kept to the same epic goth look but neds to be larger and more open for exploration making the experience better.
  • shabaz-penzer - April 28, 2012 12:50 p.m.

I think i'd rather just have an ending to the 1st series before they start rebooting it (although maybe a HD collection would be cool) but if i cant have that i guess i'd like: 1:same voice actors apart from tony jay ofc (rip) 2:not another god of war clone 3:more puzzles 4:better camera angles on the platform parts (drove me nuts on soul reaver 1 and 2) 5:a little less time powering up razials soul reaver
  • CitizenWolfie - March 29, 2012 2:09 a.m.

Some good suggestions there but judging from other recent remakes and updates, here's what I think will happen: 1. Nolan North will do the voices for every character. 2. It'll be FPS style with XP building features. 3. Hours of unskippable cutscenes. 4. Linearity! 5. Preorder bonus DLC will be the best/only equipment. 6. Huge bosses. With massive, shiny weak points. Skippable if you die more than three times. 7. Push ALL the blocks!!! 8. Context-sensitive platforming. Press "A" to climb. 9. Mash B. Kill baddies. 10. DLC ending. Profit! And I'd like to add another thing that'll probably make it in there: 11. Dubstep soundtrack. Bitches love Dubstep. Wubwub.
  • H2A2I00 - March 28, 2012 5:34 p.m.

I love the suggestions you guys put forth, but I kinda liked the cliffhanger endings. It gave me a reason to be excited for the next one and really set the tone. Granted, I rather have a complete ending in the final game which would leave me with no questions so that would be nice. Besides that I hope the reboot goes like you hope instead of a brand new story/cast of characters. It just wouldn't be the same without Raziel and Kain and their struggle with destiny.
  • Relayer71 - March 28, 2012 5:11 p.m.

The "game that started it all" was the best of the damn bunch. Brilliant writing, voice acting, amazingly atmospheric music and sound effects, great story. The only knock against Blood Omen I have is it was a bit clunky (playing it now on the PSP and though load times are a bit faster, it's still clunky as hell). I would buy an HD remake of that game with an overhauled U.I. any day of the week. Only played 2 of the sequels and they were disappointing, though the first sequel, Soul Reaver, wasn't bad. But it was too much Tomb Raider.
  • big0jeff - March 28, 2012 12:15 p.m.

I was just thinking the other day how cool it would be for them to make a more updated Blood Omen game. No Soul Reaver bullshit!!!!! Compared to Kain, Raziel was a pretty lame character plus the platforming in those games kinda sucked!
  • steve-pickford - March 28, 2012 10:17 a.m.

Out of interest I have been working on Two Legacy of Kain books. The first picks up right after Defiance with Kain trying to find a way to truly defeat the Elder God. The Second involves more of the cancelled 'Dark Prophecy' which when I wrote my sequel, had been found on the web. So I combine the two but took out the bit concerning the Elder God seeing as I wrote it in the first story. It wasn't done half heartily either. since 2003 to 2006 I researched everything about Legacy of Kain and surfed numerous fan websites to read what the fans wanted as well as my personal 'wants'. However, about a year ago I lost the first story but luckily I had printed back up. So lately I've been re-typing and rewriting the first story. I have a title of: Legacy of Kain-The War for Nosgoth. The sequel is Legacy of Kain-Rise of the King to tie in with the ideas put forth in the 'Dark Prophecy' . The Sequel is only 10 chapters so very short by modern standards but it should give a 'finished' out with Kain finally returning the Pillars to Vampire Guardianship. :)
  • steve-pickford - March 28, 2012 10:19 a.m.

I meant to say the Dark Prophecy 'Hadn't' been found on the web!!
  • gilgamesh310 - March 27, 2012 7 p.m.

The Legacy of Kain series is easily one of my favourite series in gaming. I love the story and think Kain and Raziel are easily two of gamings best characters. I agree with most of the points made. A game with combat similar to Dark Souls and platforming similar to Prince of Persia could be fucking amazing. I don't entirely agree with the concept of two games being rollled into one though. The There is very little filler in the games, especially with regards to the story, so I wouldn't want to see them trimmed down. Metal Gear Solid 4 would probably be better with about half the story content cut out, but that definitely isn't true of the Soul Reaver games. I appreciate the article though. I
  • fuzzybunny566 - March 27, 2012 4:03 p.m.

the legacy of kain/soul reaver series is probably my ultimate favourite gaming storyline of all-time...i absolutely adored those games, and would love to see something really good happen with them. Raziel's voice-acting was so enjoyable to listen to, along with everyone else. but especially his.
  • garnsr - March 27, 2012 2:49 p.m.

I enjoyed Blood Omen quite a bit, and for some reason never finished Soul Reaver, even though it's the kind of game I've played a lot of in the years since. Neither game rebooted would be nearly as groundbreaking as the originals, but the setting is great, and could fit in nicely with modern action RPGs.
  • big0jeff - March 28, 2012 12:03 p.m.

The original was incredible! It had a great story mixed with a interesting world. The sequel and the Soul Reaver games seem like they forgot what made them so great. They focused more on the action than they did on the story or exploration. I really hope they focus more on Kain story right after Blood Omen than The Soul Reaver story.
  • db1331 - March 27, 2012 1:27 p.m.

They were just recently in Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light. Is that not enough for you guys?
  • anthonymccann - March 27, 2012 4:16 p.m.

They were character reskins that used recycled voice clips from the Legacy of Kain games. Fuck no that's not enough. In fact that's nothing.
  • Vmachine - March 27, 2012 1:11 p.m.

I want to see something more akin to The Witcher 2 with a touch of Dragon Age: Origins. Blood Omen as a full on AAA RPG would blow me away.
  • joe-brookes - March 27, 2012 1:02 p.m.

Please for the love of god don't put any stupid moral choice's in there. With something as plot heavy as LOK in can only end in ruin, OK there was one in the first but they smartly made it non canon as it would have mucked up a large part of the plot. Oh and cliff rangers are cool as long as your doing more than one game, just make sure there's some epic event leading up to it. If anything I hope they use the time travel heavy plot to make a reboot that's not strictly a reboot.
  • darkvare - March 27, 2012 12:59 p.m.

uncanny the only thing i was gonna ask for was the original voices and it's number 10 i'm amazed lol