• Spybreak8 - December 26, 2010 6:57 p.m.

Got the Kinect as a gift, as 2 days hands on I'm impressed but still I think this will get old fast. Now I have to buy Dance Central ahaha.
  • funster - December 24, 2010 1:36 a.m.

I don't think it a stretch to say it is largely due to Microsoft's marketing department/oversized budget that the Kinect has done well. In the face of Sony's Move, MS cannot afford to let their close rival get the upper hand, so they're placing all their bets on a flawed piece of equipment. I'm not saying Move is superior or anything, but it must be important to MS to blunt Sony's new offering at the very least, if not outright trounce it.
  • HailCaeser - December 23, 2010 9 p.m.

If I get a Kinect this year, I'm going to use it for skeet. I refuse to suffer watching my ditzy family d*ck around while they try to figure out how the Hell it works. Besides, I have a Wii, so two motion control systems/add-ons I need not, and guess which one doesn't have Super Mario Galaxy.
  • GAYMER - December 23, 2010 8:13 p.m.

Freddy Mercury wouldn't say that, lol
  • MrDuracraft - December 23, 2010 7:59 p.m.

My older sister sounds just like your mum+the non-gamer. I am glad we do not own an Xbox, because then I would never be able to play it.
  • celticsfan645 - December 23, 2010 7:36 p.m.

That is Dangerous. You are lucky you even made it out alive Houghton
  • EliteM0nk3y - December 23, 2010 7:03 p.m.

My first (and only) time playing Kinect was when i was at a friends house and we were all drinking beer. Best way to enjoy Kinect. Even Fighter's Uncaged seemed like a good game.
  • bilstar - December 23, 2010 6:59 p.m.

I still can't see many fun times coming out of Kinect. I just can't see a pull for me. Other people have said it's more aimed for the kids, but I can't really see which of these shallow experiences are gonna hook the kids for any length of time (they're not stupid y'know). I was pretty disappointed to hear that Matt's kids had trouble with the navigation and management (if you will) of Kinectimals, I assumed that those aspects were so crucial to the experience that they would be nailed down hard by the developer. I'm all for gaming innovation and gaming does innovate really well quite often. But I just can't see any good place the Kinect is going. I want to tho!
  • Darkhawk - December 23, 2010 6:54 p.m.

It makes me very happy to read about kids picking real world creation activities over video games. I'm not anti-games-for-kids, but at least this proves our young still have imaginations.
  • EricBratcher - December 23, 2010 6:22 p.m.

I love the entry about Matt's mom. That's pretty much the same as my own mother, though her next question would be if it has any games that involve gardening.
  • thefreakysurgeon - December 23, 2010 5:36 p.m.

even though Kinect's motion sensors are better than the wii's, i still feel that it's a big waste of money.
  • rxb - December 23, 2010 4:49 p.m.

I sense a backlash coming when alot of people realise they have bought a two game add on for 129 quid. This story reminds me a bit of my 6 year old cousin wanting to play megaman 9 until he found out how hard it was. Kids these days.....
  • tacoman38 - December 23, 2010 4:46 p.m.

the games that everyone loves the most is the minecart and river raft minigames on adventures. obstacle course (on a boat) are pretty self explanatory, and amusing to watch. And on the minecart one, you don't need to tell people to stop moving around as much, as they can see where their avatar is located on the cart. Dance Central may be good, but I'm of the belief that Adventures is the best release game, and it's a good choice to be bundled with the kinect.
  • Keefster10 - December 23, 2010 4:12 p.m.

That was a pretty entertaining article lol... well done However I'm not surprised. One trick ponies get old fast...
  • Snowyjoe - December 23, 2010 3:13 p.m.

Pretty interesting since Kinect was pretty much designed as a "family" game.... but what's the point of it being a family game if you're the only one in the family that can play it.....
  • Syncmaster - December 23, 2010 2:23 p.m.

I envy you for having a game hater girlfriend. I have the opposite, nowdays I cant even touch god of war 3 or assassins creed if she is not by my side watching.. of playing coop.. /sarcam
  • RCTrucker7 - December 23, 2010 1:43 p.m.

Awesome Cundy. The whole section of playing with your girls was an exact matching of me playing with my 6 year old son, on some games. (Non Kinect, as I haven't totally gotten to where I want to buy it yet.) @henmo68 - i think it's supposed to be a house; picket fence, windows, roof looking symbols. But I think it got messed up in the posting process.
  • Ell223 - December 23, 2010 1:32 p.m.

Cundy always delivers the funniest articles.
  • SQU33G - December 23, 2010 1:28 p.m.

For whatever you're doing in life, just add some green
  • Furyspittles - December 23, 2010 1:23 p.m.

These adbots are slowly getting cooler and cooler. I don't know what that is a picture of, but it looks impressive. Like a dream factory or something.